Easter stays

babyruth

for the first time in forever
What is your favorite resort for Easter? Last time we went we stayed at our home SSR and I think I want to branch out this year if possible!

Following this one...next year in Massachusetts April school vaca week also includes Easter - so we have the Riv booked for Easter weekend and the week following...never been there for Easter before...super excited.

I know Floridian does an awesome display, but outside of that do not know a ton re: Easter festivities in WDW.

yes! we are from MA also. I'm debating going just for Easter weekend or doing the whole week.

Our plan as of now is to arrive Saturday the 18th then check out on Friday - so be there for Easter weekend and most of that following week...got a Riv Studio booked we'll see..likely gonna waitlist BW at 7 months but also love Riv....good decisions to have. :)

I did find this Easter at WDW 2024 - https://wdwprepschool.com/easter-at-disney-world/ could be helpful going to give it a read.

Most resorts have some form of activities. We've been there over Easter at VGF (my favorite) and BCV, and RIV (and AUL) that I recall. Pre-pandemic BWV did an Easter egg hunt or roll on the Village Green that was open to all. It was beyond crowded, so we just went to Epcot. I do recall special food items for sale at Epcot.

When we went to Riviera, there were Easter characters walking around the resort, and there were also activities on the lawn - we were going to parks so didn't stick around.

BCV had terrific chocolate Easter eggs on display like the Grand Floridian, but I don't recall activities. (my kids are park commandos these days, see above)

Aulani also had a full complement of activities and characters, we were tourist commandos. Aulani did have make your own easter baskets, Easter treats, etc for sale up til the day before? We got the kids some special Easter macarons.

Among those, my favorite was VGF, hands down. The whole lobby smells like chocolate, and there are eggs on display there and throughout the resort.

Disney does not overdo Easter time like Christmas time at WDW. At many resorts, you get some Easter-like resort decorations, bunny visits, and some other things. The best for decorations is GF (thus making VGF a choice ), which has a very impressive display of many Easter-like figures (e.g., very large, beautifully painted egg structures). BW has some decorations (do not know if the BW Easter egg hunt still exists) but nothing as impressive as GF.

The parks have some additional decorations but nothing like Christmas. At MK, you get the usual parade, but then before that there is a short calvacde (mini-parade) on Easter and the day before with Easter-type characters

Last edited:
VGF is the best resort for Easter! They have the largest egg display, along with the Easter cottage selling treats. The resort itself just feels like Easter to me. Beach Club would probably be my second choice. We stayed at Bay Lake Tower and they had the Mickey Ears decorated with flowers which was pretty.

Besides Grand Floridian, most of the other resorts have some activities. None of them really screamed Easter, just a few Easter touches. We brought along foldable Easter baskets, eggs to find in the room and went to Steakhouse 71 for Easter brunch.IMG_6709.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter