Early Entry

bambigirl88

Mouseketeer
I understand if you purchase park hopper tickets that you receive one early entry day. So, I have some questions.........

1. How do I find out what day(s) are early entry? (going sometime in July '07)

2. What time is early entry? One hour before regular?

3. When you arrive for early entry, do you just enter the regular gate way, or is there a side entrance? I am concerned if there are people lined up for regular entry early, how do I get past them?

4. Do you get more early entry days with longer passes, like a 4,5,6 day pass?

5. Is there only one specific area ever open for early entry or does it change with the season?

many thanks!

bambigirl88 said:
1. How do I find out what day(s) are early entry? (going sometime in July '07)
EE (Early Entry) is on Mon/Tue/Thurs/Sat

bambigirl88 said:
2. What time is early entry? One hour before regular?
Yes.

bambigirl88 said:
3. When you arrive for early entry, do you just enter the regular gate way, or is there a side entrance? I am concerned if there are people lined up for regular entry early, how do I get past them?
You use the regular gates. Anyone who might be there for regular entry would just get stopped at the turnstiles. No worry.

bambigirl88 said:
4. Do you get more early entry days with longer passes, like a 4,5,6 day pass?
No. But if you stay at a DLR hotel they have been allowing hotel guests in for EE every day it is available. This is a strange perk, as it is not really official, and not really promoted.

bambigirl88 said:
5. Is there only one specific area ever open for early entry or does it change with the season?
EE attractions have been pretty steady for at least the last 18 months. Most of Fantasyland is open, as is some of Tomorrowland.

HydroGuy said:
No. But if you stay at a DLR hotel they have been allowing hotel guests in for EE every day it is available. This is a strange perk, as it is not really official, and not really promoted.
I thought "officially" I was only entitled to one EE day with a 4-day pass.
Are you saying they don't enforce that?
I would hate to show up and then have to wait an hour for the park to open.

POOH&PIGLET said:
I thought "officially" I was only entitled to one EE day with a 4-day pass.
Are you saying they don't enforce that?
I would hate to show up and then have to wait an hour for the park to open.
I am saying that if you stay at a DLR hotel - not a good neighbor - and you bring your receipt and park tickets, DL has been allowing hotel guests in for EE since July 2005.

When you go to WDW they promote Extra Magic Hours (their version of EE) to the hilt for WDW resort guests. At DL I have never seen EE promoted for hotel guests. But it has been "unofficial policy" for over a year now.

Bottom line? You definitely get one "official" EE day with your 3+ day parkhopper. And you can get in on other EE days as well if you are a DLR hotel guest - but only when EE is offered. If you ask about this at check-in, it is my understanding they will confirm this. And sometimes they tell you about it even when you do not ask.

bambigirl88 said:
When you arrive for early entry, do you just enter the regular gate way, or is there a side entrance? I am concerned if there are people lined up for regular entry early, how do I get past them?

One of the gates is marked early entry (often the one on the far left when facing the park). Once EE is over it becomes a regular gate.

Stupid question here..I thought EE was only if you were staying onsite or a good neighbor? Is it with ANY 3+ hopper? We're planning to stay at Anaheim Plaza and will be getting 3 day hopper from DL website since it's the buy at kids rates when we're going to be there (induced my DH to stay an extra day! :cool1: ) We'll be there Thursday-Saturday.

minnietoo said:
One of the gates is marked early entry (often the one on the far left when facing the park). Once EE is over it becomes a regular gate.
I think this is misleading. When you come for EE, there are a large number of gates opens, all just for EE. As the EE opening time passes and those folks have entered the park, and as people start showing up for regular entry, and as EE people show up late, I think they do limit EE to a single gate.

Is the EE gate, that is for late EE guests, the best one to stand by when they open the park for regular guests? I think this was mentioned before.

kjhgarden said:
Is the EE gate, that is for late EE guests, the best one to stand by when they open the park for regular guests? I think this was mentioned before.
I have heard this too but never tried it. I would just as a CM there to see if it will turn into a regular line, which I would guess it will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter