Early entry confusion ...

pxlbarrel said:
I bow to your expertise in the strategy the park lines. I think the thing to remember most when hitting the park on a crowded day is to be flexible (and to remember not to come back at that time of year again!!! :rotfl2: )
I'll take credit wherever I can ;) , but this strategy is discussed in DLR and WDW guidebooks, TourGuideMike (for WDW) and in things like the RideMax software.

I agree on the need to be flexible. Most people want to avoid lines when possible, so flexibility needs to be balanced with an understanding of how lines build up throughout the day. For example, it might be fun to be flexible and ride the FantasyLand rides in the afternoon, but that is the worst thing to do on a busy day as far as waiting in lines.

What we try to do is understand how lines build up for the various rides, understand which FastPasses are best to get when and then collect a lot of them, get to the parks early to get a jump on others who show up 1-2 hours late, and with all of that manage a balance between flexibility, spontaneous decisions, and the cold hard facts about lines.

My kids are so spoiled that they can barely tolerate a 20 minute line even on busy days.

I know we're getting way off topic here...but I thought I'd post this image:

IMG_2435_resize.JPG

This was the line for POTC on Monday, August 21 at 11:19 am. (well, the mass of people in the background...the foreground people are looking at the line.) I should have gone up to the gallery and taken a photo from up there. LOL I have to admit...I've never seen any line like that one before in all my park visits...(well, maybe Soaring at Epcot last December)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter