EARLY CHECK IN: December 15th, 2007 - Seven night Western - 12/15/07

Hello friends. Hope all is well with every one.

Does anyone know the link to get the release from the photo shop to get copies made from DCL. They let you make copies of the pictures, you just need the release form.

Wish I was back on the cruise, I miss it.

I wondered about this myself. Anyone??

Hey everyone! How is everyone doing? I still have this cold, but I think I am turning the corner. I feel pretty good right now, but the cough usually hits around bedtime. Here is a picture from Cozumel. Wish I was there right now.
100_1310.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi everyone. Tomorrow it's back to work for David and back to school for Rachel:sad1: It's hard to believe our cruise and David's 6 week leave is over.

I've finally uploaded a few photos to photobucket. I thought this was a good one of Rachel and Laura. I'll share one per day to give everyone something to look forward to:)

DSCF0779.jpg

Great idea Susan! How is John doing with his sleeping? Any better?

Hey Cristi. I'm enjoying your pght hotos too. I'd live to still be in Cozumel as well. Next time we'll have to try out Stacie's beach.

John's sleeping...well, we're trying to be a little more aggressive about teaching him to soothe himself back to sleep. At his weight recheck on 1/3, the dr. felt that he was now at a good weight and shouldn't need to nurse during the night anymore. He also recommended putting him in bed awake and letting him go to sleep on his own as opposed to being nursed to sleep. David has done this since 1/3. He gets a bottle at bedtime, then goes to bed awake. The first 2 nights weren't terrible. Last night didn't go so well and tonight we're still working on it. It is breaking my heart. We only let him go 5 minutes. I know you're supposed to extend it a little each time, but 5 minutes is all I can take. Last night he did sleep from 9 pm to 5 am, so that was pretty good. I'm sure this is more information than you wanted to know, but you did ask :flower3: It's now my turn to go check on him.

Tomorrow's photo...John in his life jacket.

Hey Susan, I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know. :) I know it is tough to hear them cry it out. I was so worn out by the time Jacob came around though he cried it out very early. :)

We survived last night. John finally went to sleep with my hand on his back. Does that count as him going to sleep on his own? He woke up around 2:30. He fought for a little while, but then slept until around 6:30 am. We're making some progress.

Melissa, is today your first day at your new job? pixiedust: for a good day.

Here is John in his life jacket.

DSCF0711.jpg

Tomorrow, John's opinion of Santa Clause.

It sounds like John is getting there. I hope his opinion of Santa is better than his opinion of the life jacket. ;)

The kids are still off today. We need to go out and find Rachel some snow pants and snow boots. The entire 6th grade class goes to Outdoor Lab at the end of this month. They leave on a Monday morning and come back on Friday. They have a facility up in the mountains where they have different activities for them to do. I think some of the activities are astronomy (I know they have a brand new astronomy center up there), pioneer life, geology, Colorado wildlife and I am not sure what else. They are going the last week of January and most of the program is outside. They will be cold. :cold: She has a warm coat, gloves and hat, but she outgrew her snow pants and boots last winter.

Great picture. Jacob looks like a good sport.

The 6th grade trip sounds like fun. Do they take many chaperones? When do they go back to school?

I had lunch with a friend today, so I haven't been so lonely. I laid John down for a nap. He's protesting, but not crying like he does at bedtime.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Thanks, I think the whole thing was his idea. I have a pic of Rachel buried too. :)

No parents allowed on the school trip. There is staff up there, all of the 6th grade teachers go and there are kids from the local High Schools that go and stay in the cabins with the kids.

They go back to school tomorrow.

Loving the pictures, John looks scared to death:scared1: . Rachel & jacob look like they were really into the sand:lmao:

'Melissa, is today your first day at your new job? pixiedust: for a good day.

Today was my first day. It was good. Didn't do much as my computer is still being configured by IT but we all know how that goes. Apparently the Quality Manager (his office is near mine) is also a Disney Nut so I think him & I talked for like an hour & a half about Disney as I didn't have much to do today. Looks to be a happy company and I'm excited to go in tomorrow. Luckily, I was able to change my work schedule to either 6 to 2:30 or 7 to 3:30, now I just need to pick which.

John does not look happy in his lifejacket...

Christi - That sounds like such a fun field trip for Rachel!

Tonight's bedtime was much better :banana: :woohoo: :cool1: I laid him down at 8:12 and stayed for a while patting his back. Left only to have him stand up, shake the crib and cry. Went back in 5 minutes, held him, sang, gave kisses and good night, patted and rubbed back. It's 8:39 and he's asleep!!! I hope tomorrow is even better. Now we just have to work on naps. Today he only napped in the car during carpool.

Melissa ~ I'm glad work went well and that you're working for a Disney nut. It's also nice that you can change your hours.

If you think John is unhappy in the life jacket...just wait until you see him with :santa:

Melissa, your new job sounds great!
Rachel is really excited about Outdoor Lab. She has been ready to go to it since 4th grade. :) I will miss her though. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter