Early breakfast transportation

hockeymom2boys

Earning My Ears
I apologize if i have missed this info somewhere:). We are Staying at POR and have made some Early breakfast reservations, what time do the buses start, wanting to plan how to get to Chef Mickeys by 7:15. If Someone can point me to where to find this info I would very much appreciate it!!

Last edited:

I always use a taxi to get to early morning breakfasts. Disney suggests you allow 90 minutes to make it to an ADR using their transportation. And unfortunately at times it can take that long. I am much happier paying for a taxi, and gaining that extra few minutes of sleep.

With a taxi I would suggest you leave your resort at 6:50. You are supposed to arrive 10 minutes ahead of your ADR time. No way would I be trying to catch a bus at 6:30. Everything we need to go perfectly to make your ADR. There is no direct bus to the Contemporary from POR, the buses only go to the parks, you would need to transfer at some point. Or go to the Magic Kingdom and walk over.

OK thanks, i felt like I was getting conflicting reports on if the buses start early for breakfast reservations to try and get to another resort. I knew that going to the Contemporary we'd have to go to MK and then walk over if we took the bus. We will be a group of 9 and haven't been to WDW in a long time and want to make sure what options we have, and then let my group know what the plans are. I also figured someone with much more experience has a great plan to handle this so I figured I'd take it to the experts:)

OK thanks, i felt like I was getting conflicting reports on if the buses start early for breakfast reservations to try and get to another resort. I knew that going to the Contemporary we'd have to go to MK and then walk over if we took the bus. We will be a group of 9 and haven't been to WDW in a long time and want to make sure what options we have, and then let my group know what the plans are. I also figured someone with much more experience has a great plan to handle this so I figured I'd take it to the experts:)

We use taxi/Uber/Lyft for early ADRs at another resort. We always use the buses for them at a park. As others have said they start rolling at 6:30AM every day. Unless MK opens at 7AM, then they start rolling at 6AM. Never missed one, or even been late, in 15 years.

Last edited:

We tried to use buses for our latest trip and found that unless we took an Uber, we couldn't get there in time.

So - for 7:15 at Chef Mickey's - that's a TOUGH one to do via bus. First bus to MK is going to be at the resort between about 6:30-6:45. Then it needs to arrive at MK - let's give that 20 minutes drive time. Then you have to walk to CR - 10 minutes - maybe longer if your group has any slow pokes. And if you MISS that first bus - or if it's late - you could be quite late. If you miss that first bus - its probably 20-30 minutes for the next one.

I'd really try to move that to 7:30 if you want to stay bus transportation. Otherwise - plan on taxi/Uber/Lyft - or accept you risk being quite late (though you could be on time just fine).

We missed the first bus at AKV once by like a minute (we saw it leaving) - because we thought we would arrive at the bus stop on time for it - and we waited 30 minutes for the next one. We arrived at the AK bus stop at 7:15 - - the time of our reservation at Tusker House - and we still had to make the hike from our bus through security, through the gates, and back in the park to the restaurant. We were a good 15 minutes late (had stroller). Luckily - they seated us - but they did mention how late we were at check-in...... So - word to the wise - be at the bus stop EARLY - don't push it.

So - for 7:15 at Chef Mickey's - that's a TOUGH one to do via bus. First bus to MK is going to be at the resort between about 6:30-6:45. Then it needs to arrive at MK - let's give that 20 minutes drive time. Then you have to walk to CR - 10 minutes - maybe longer if your group has any slow pokes. And if you MISS that first bus - or if it's late - you could be quite late. If you miss that first bus - its probably 20-30 minutes for the next one.

I'd really try to move that to 7:30 if you want to stay bus transportation. Otherwise - plan on taxi/Uber/Lyft - or accept you risk being quite late (though you could be on time just fine).

We missed the first bus at AKV once by like a minute (we saw it leaving) - because we thought we would arrive at the bus stop on time for it - and we waited 30 minutes for the next one. We arrived at the AK bus stop at 7:15 - - the time of our reservation at Tusker House - and we still had to make the hike from our bus through security, through the gates, and back in the park to the restaurant. We were a good 15 minutes late (had stroller). Luckily - they seated us - but they did mention how late we were at check-in...... So - word to the wise - be at the bus stop EARLY - don't push it.

Thanks, I was able to get a 7:25 or 7:35 at CM. Seems like less stress to do Uber, however I have never "Uber'd":) So now I will have to research how that works at the Disney Parks...... The planning struggle is real!! LOL

Thanks, I was able to get a 7:25 or 7:35 at CM. Seems like less stress to do Uber, however I have never "Uber'd":) So now I will have to research how that works at the Disney Parks...... The planning struggle is real!! LOL

Pretty sure Uber (or Lyft - IMHO the better service) works the same on Disney property as off. You request a ride via the app, a driver picks up the fare and you get their information, then wait for them to arrive. When they do, they drive you to your previously input destination and mark the ride complete in their system, your app then prompts you to pay via the card you've attached to the app and to rate the driver/ride. :) Easy.

Pretty sure Uber (or Lyft - IMHO the better service) works the same on Disney property as off. You request a ride via the app, a driver picks up the fare and you get their information, then wait for them to arrive. When they do, they drive you to your previously input destination and mark the ride complete in their system, your app then prompts you to pay via the card you've attached to the app and to rate the driver/ride. :) Easy.
I know this sounds silly and hopefully this makes sense, but where or how do you plan to meet the driver? Thanks!!!

I know this sounds silly and hopefully this makes sense, but where or how do you plan to meet the driver? Thanks!!!

You put in your pick-up. Most likely the lobby entrance to your resort. When the request goes to them, it has the pick-up and destination. They go to the pick-up point. They will have your name and you'll have their name, car model and color, and license plate. Also pics. While you can schedule in advance (at least with Lyft...I haven't used Uber since my first Lyft), the request goes out just before you order the car.

Also are you 9 adults (or at least out of the car seat/booster seat phase?) If you're adults you'd need 2 cars (more than likely) so uber/lyft/taxi wouldn't be an issue. If you need car seats/boosters, I think you're better off with a somewhat later reservation time and using the bus to MK and walking to CR.

Also are you 9 adults (or at least out of the car seat/booster seat phase?) If you're adults you'd need 2 cars (more than likely) so uber/lyft/taxi wouldn't be an issue. If you need car seats/boosters, I think you're better off with a somewhat later reservation time and using the bus to MK and walking to CR.

We are 9 adults
Do you think we would be ok to use the buses for a 730 reservation, i realize we would be dropped off at MK and then walk to the CR. The teenagers want to get an early start:)

I think as long as you're there for that 630 bus, it shouldn't be a problem. The good thing is that cabs/ubers/lyft are always available as a backup if you miss the bus for whatever reason...

We are 9 adults
Do you think we would be ok to use the buses for a 730 reservation, i realize we would be dropped off at MK and then walk to the CR. The teenagers want to get an early start:)

As long as you keep an eye on the time, and are ready to grab a couple of taxis if the bus doesn't show by 6:45

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter