Earl!

The aesthetics of the Hulk don't bother me as much. I guess being on the interior of the park, surrounded by fully themed areas, the water, I still feel sufficiently emersed in IOA.

However, not so with DD. It is the only place in the park where I can for a moment envision (pardon my french) being at Six Flags. "Not that there is anything wrong with that"

After passing through the cool dragons at the entrance, taking the ominous walk towards the castle, being overwhelmed by the incredible queue, and finally being seated the ride heads out of the station and the illusion ends.

I'm suddenly struck by the sight of storage buildings, gravel floors with weeds growing through it (I thought Six Flags had a patent on this touch), sound barriers, swampy pools of water, scrubby vegitation. Maybe this is all meant to convey a battle scene, and I just never got it?

It has been reported that this area got a major budget cut as the park neared completion. If so, would love to know what was planned as I'm sure it would have been really cool (Earl?). Hey, it still merits multiple rides, but I do feel a little let down given the incredible attention to detail everywhere else.

If another exposed coaster is built I do hope a lot of attention is paid to creating a really novel visual experience around it. I have to think so much more can be done than has been with the Volcano's, Alpengeist's, Montu's and DD's of the world without mandating it be an indoor experience.

Just want to say "Hi Earl!" Universal is really one of the premier parks and you should be proud working there. My parents couldn't understand why I liked it so much and we went last Thanksgiving with them and now they aren't interested in the others much, but love Universal! Staying on site has real benefits (HRH was amazing and being Loew's members we really enjoyed the free wine/ milk and cookies). Everything is so fabulous.

Thanks for all the help you provide!

Jenn

Hi Earl!

Can't wait for some of the "secrets" to be made public! It sounds so exciting!! WA-HOO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter