Earl!

Right, they've all been quiet recently, (Earl, IOA Tech).
Maybe management told them not to talk, because most of the press stuff has been coming from the Orlando papers.
I hope they come back because it's nice to hear about ride rehabs from a reliable source.
I don't know why it is that parks have to be so top secret with their fans.
I'm visiting Holiday World this year, and you wanna know one of the reasons why? Because Raven Maven (HW PR Rep) posts in the news group RRC on a regular basis and talks with people about the new trains on The Legend. That means alot to me that the PR rep of the park talks to the fans. The president of the company that made the new trains even came into the group and thanked the fans for the positive reviews so far. Now that's cool to see, post a message and get a response back from the president of the ride manufacturer.

I wish the parks would post their new ride ideas and let the fans comment on it. Take IOA for example, rumors are they're thinking of a coaster, 3 different types are being considered. Why not tell us what they are and let us vote and be a focus group?
Insiders tell us to take the surveys at the park entrance. I don't think the next coaster is one of the questions on the survey.
Most coaster fans are hoping for something big, world record material.

Robvia,

Brilliant idea. Why not post their new ride idea's on a public forum so that Disney and other competitors know what they are planning....

Come on.... They obviously cannot do that!!!

You should be greatful for the small bits and pieces of info Earl does give you!!!!!!!!!!!

-Jon

Hi everyone. I'm around, just not posting that much. Most of the subject matter has been about tickets and hotels. That's really not my area, so I don't have much to say. My area is extremely busy, so there hasn't been a lot of free time to spend here.

As to responding to rumors and posting new attraction ideas, while I don't mind having some fun with rumor control, there is a limit to what I can and will talk about. I will say that I'm in the middle of most of it and I would love to tell the world. But in this business, "leaks" of information can be quite damaging. The only thing that I'll say for now is that there's a lot of great secrets right now. In my 20 years in the business, I have never seen a time like this before.

I do want to personally thank all of you that support Universal. I know that not everyone agrees that it is the best resort there is, but we will keep trying. There is a whole new spirit at Universal, most of it brought on by our new president. Keep looking for exciting new things to come. Some ever so small, some ever so large. You can guess, but I probably won't answer. There are a lot of rumors out there and most are so far of base, they are on another planet. Don't believe everything (okay, most of what) you read on some websites. Just know that the excitement will never dull, and that you will come to expect the experience of Universal Orlando when you go anywhere else.

Thanks again.....and come see us again!

Earl I don' t think I could stop visitng UO if I tried, that place is so addicting!

I just have one question for you. I have heard that there might be an annoucement this summer, can you say if there will be or not? :D

Earl;
One comment you can maybe take back to management. I have been trying to talk up USF/IOA alot for several years to all the folks I know here in KS. It hasn't been an easy sell, because all they ever heard about was the mouse.
BUT, since the Superbowl, as soon as I mention USF/IOA, they all say, "Yeah, I've seen their commercial. Is it really that cool"? Of course, they then get a thirty minute spiel about every attraction, ride, etc., from me.
If Universal really wants to continue to chip away at the mouse, keep up the national commercials. It will really make a difference in areas outside of the immediate east coast. And, if they can, extend the videos on the internet site to maybe (45) seconds or so. Those things can really get people's interest peeked, if they see enough.

If Earl is busy, then there must be good things in the horizon, like the wedding between Spider-Man and Robin. :)

I considered visiting Holiday World, if only for the free soda. I can drink the well dry! :)

Hey bud, as far as I am concerned UO is THE best for a resort destination. You guys have built my trust with constant raising of the bar for standard and next generation rides/shows. Even when the other competition (starts with a D) doesn't. I thank you guys who make that possible and I respect your decisions to keep things secret. Because some things are meant to be a surprise!

FOTL for resort guests just totally rules. I love WDW,but Fastpass isn't even in the same universe as FOTL.LOVE the USF onsite hotels:proximity to the parks, great rates with discounts and absolutey beautiful rooms. Once we tried HRH, because of FOTL,we now stay onsite for part of every trip, whereas we used to just come to USF for a day. I think most anybody would once they tried it.
I believe Earl first gave us the heads up on FOTL-thank you, it definitely changed the way we do Orlando.

Earl,

We can't wait to hear what's coming!!

I wish we lived closer, we'd be there every weekend. Its just that the 24 hour drive would really wipe me out.

We have been to Universal Florida 4 times in the last 18 months with a week booked this October. With new things coming up, we will definately be renewing our AP's.

Patty

Glad to hear things are looking up. Kudo's to the new guy. Let's hope he can get some things pushed through the pipeline why the halo of his Japan park's success is still bright.

Interesting comment about the "time of great secrets". I would have assumed pre IOA opening would have been the height of paranoia. So there is a needle or two in that rumor haystack. Hmmmmm.

Earl's silence I understand. Now, if I was Barry and I was going plunk down a cool $200 million to sponsor one of these new attractions I would sure expect the right to tell people about it.

Good to hear about all the exciting things that are planned. Thanks for your input here Earl!
Jim

Mystery Man Earl... there is something so sexy about the way he just shows up and saves the day then disappears mysteriously.... ooops, that's Spiderman, isn't it???
<center>
smilie_spiderman.gif
</center>

Good to see Earl and everybody!!! I've been off this board a while. Then I lost my link and couldn't get back.

Earl's comments made me so happy!!!

I hope to make it back this summer. My children don't even want to talk about going anywhere except Universal - FOTL is the absolute best ever. I hope it never changes!!

I have been thinking of Robin with all the "Spidermania" going around!!

Nan

Hmmm, maybe it's the NEW park rumor??? I heard there were some pretty important people staying at PBH this week.
I'd settle for a really cool steel coaster that doesn't go upside down!

What ever it is lets hope they theme the whole ride this time and not just the queue like Hulk and Dueling Dragons....I mean come on spend all the money on the queue for Dueling Dragons only to have the two coasters sit outside??

No theming on DD you have got to be kidding.

If you learn the entire story in the que line then you will see the thenming on the ride it self. Each of the dragons are concentrating on destroying a certain area of the town. Ice is concentrating on the castle and the inhabitants there, that is why the cobra roll is right against the castle. Then for Fire it is attacking the outlying areas of the city and the surrounding area. The flybys of the two dragons are to plan their approach for their next passes.

To catch the entire story it takes a while in the first room that you come to in the castle.

Ummm..still seems like they are just intertwined out in the open. Considering the castle theme you have to admit the "attacking" the castle and town story is non-existant. Now if there were fire balls and ice maybe an explosion or two then that would be themeing...but alas I don't run the zoo....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter