E-pass transponder not working

That wasn't my question though. I know Sunpass has the transponder, that's what I have.
I was asking about EZPass. But got it confused with PeachPass, which does not have a transponder. GA accepts the EZPass and I got mixed up with their product names
Just to clear up confusion. Florida has Sunpass and E-Pass. There is no EZPass in Florida. I don't know if E-Pass sells stickers.

Florida now has a Sun pass PRO which works in the northeast corridor as well as Florida. It's a portable with suction cups. Just finally cancelled my EZpass which I've been maintaining for years even though I'm a Florida resident. The EZpass has a fee, the Sun pass PRO doesn't.

Just to clear up confusion. Florida has Sunpass and E-Pass. There is no EZPass in Florida. I don't know if E-Pass sells stickers.
E-ZPass is accepted on all FL toll roads and many tolled bridges.

CFX which operates E-PASS sells both stickers and portable transponders. The E-PASS stickers only work in FL, GA & NC. The current E-PASS portable (called UNI) works in FL, GA, NC and everywhere E-ZPass is accepted.

The EZpass has a fee, the Sun pass PRO doesn't.
EZpass is issued by multiple states, by multiple toll authorities in some states. Some charge.a fee. Others don't. EZPass issued by some NY agencies offer significant discounts on some NY area tolls

Florida now has a Sun pass PRO which works in the northeast corridor as well as Florida. It's a portable with suction cups. Just finally cancelled my EZpass which I've been maintaining for years even though I'm a Florida resident. The EZpass has a fee, the Sun pass PRO doesn't.
Then I wasn't remembering wrong and adding the Z in error after all.
All I knew for certain is I ordered the SunPass pro because a) it's portable and can move from vehicle to vehicle and b) it's good in GA and FL (the only 2 states I go to with tolls) and c) there's no added costs to have it.

And I noticed if we ever did drive around the Eastern half of the US, it works in most all locations with tolls.

I avoided Peachpass because it's sticker only, can't move from car to car. Even though it too is valid in FL

Then I wasn't remembering wrong and adding the Z in error after all.
All I knew for certain is I ordered the SunPass pro because a) it's portable and can move from vehicle to vehicle and b) it's good in GA and FL (the only 2 states I go to with tolls) and c) there's no added costs to have it.

And I noticed if we ever did drive around the Eastern half of the US, it works in most all locations with tolls.

I avoided Peachpass because it's sticker only, can't move from car to car. Even though it too is valid in FL
I have an RV and we tow our car. The portable (Sunpass PRO) goes in the RV when we're towing and we switch it to the car any other time. My wife's car has the windshield sticker.

Did you add the rental car's license plate number to your account on the app or website?

I added it through the app. Even a week later the toll never appeared in my account. It has been almost 2 months and it never appeared so it definitely didn't read the transponder.

I guess I should have tried it through another toll but I didn't want to rack up the rental car charges when it wasn't that big of a deal.

I added it through the app. Even a week later the toll never appeared in my account. It has been almost 2 months and it never appeared so it definitely didn't read the transponder.

I guess I should have tried it through another toll but I didn't want to rack up the rental car charges when it wasn't that big of a deal.
If it was only one toll at a single plaza, it could have been an issue with toll equipment at plaza itself.

Did you get billed for it from the rental company? THAT would tell you the transponder didn't work.

I'm not familiar with the E Pass transponder. Does it have batteries which can be replaced by the customer? If so check or just replace them. I think older models used AA or maybe AAA. Did you mount the unit as instructed on the windshield? A lot of posters don't. Did you register the rental car plate number?

Sounds like you could have a bad transponder. Call customer service

I got billed from the rental company.
Now that I think about it, that's really strange since you said you put the license plate and car description in your account. I thought the tolls looked for:
A) Transponder
B) License Plate/Description in accounts
C) Car registration (rental company)

Do the rental companies have their own transponder on the cars? And the toll booth read that one and not yours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter