• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Waitlist question

KathyH62

Earning My Ears
Fellow Disney Fans ~ I've wait listed for 1 night during our 8 day trip. We have a room for the one night I wait listed for, however, I hate to move for that one day and then move the next day as it always takes so much out of the day to move. Even though we are wait listed, I've talked to others who had wait listed as well and they were successful at finding the exact room they wanted for the exact date of their wait list. DVC is "suppose" to fill our wait list day if (when) it comes open, but it seems there is a lag time as when that happens and perhaps the room/day we need (so we don't have to change rooms) may be available and it slips through the system. Our trip is the end of July, besides checking several times a day, what have you done to maybe secure the room that you need to avoid moving? Seems like for ALL rooms right now, there isn't even one day open until the end of August and those are scattered. Hoping some pixie dust will land on our reservation so we can stay in the same room for 8 days!!! Please share any tips that you may have. Thanks so much!!

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s much you can do besides cross your fingers and hope at this point. If you’re on the waitlist already I think you’ve done everything you can. I’m sure you know this already but the backlog of trips for Aulani DVC owners is big at this point as people need to use the points they weren’t able to last year. It’ll be a bummer if you do have to move for the 1 day but at least you’ve got the room to move to. Good luck!

We leave in 2 weeks, and are watching out waitlists too. While we have a full week in a 1BR OV, we had waitlisted both an Island View and Pool view to conserve points. Although I'm sure the high up views are beautiful, my family is not a fan of heights and don't really want a room on a high floor, where most of the OV rooms are. I called Member Services today to check on the waitlists and question why there has been absolutely no availability for any view or room the entire month of June for at least 6 weeks now. The rep just said that people are traveling again and most people aren't cancelling trips anymore. When I asked if the resort was still running at a reduced capacity, she said no, the resort is running at full capacity. That seems to be the opposite of what I've been hearing on here. Can anyone that has been recently comment as to the resort capacity?

You could always book the room you want with a cash reservation (if available) to ensure you don't have to move rooms and then cancel if the waitlist comes through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter