DVC Use Year Question

Schweino

Earning My Ears
Hello all. New to these forums. Have a use year question:

Let's say the use year is September. I currently have 0 points until then. Can I book a room in December at the 11 month window (January) without having the points on hand, and then when I get the points in September, upon arrival the points are deducted? Not sure if you need the points on deck to book or not. TIA!

Yes...as long as there are points available for the date of travel you're fine. The points are all there already, it's just a matter of booking windows so you would just be making a reservation during your next UY with those points.

Use year is when you get your points. It has nothing to do with booking.

So as long as you WILL have points by the time you make your booking, its fine.

So September UY you can book December that year as you will have points by them (assuming you haven't borrowed)

The points are deposited into your account 3 years in advance. I have an April use year, if I look at my account online, I see April 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024. Some Cruises and Adventures by Disney can be booked 2 years in advance, that is why they deposit 3 years ahead. Use of the points is based on the use year of the date of stay.

If you are booking a Dec 2023 trip and plan to book it Jan 2023, with a Sept UY, it would fall in your Sept 2023 UY. So you book in Jan 2023 using Sept 2023 points for Dec 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter