DVC Room Cleaning Schedule

Well long conversations with the call center, housekeeping CM on the phone and another housekeeping manager the confirm that the housekeeping schedule is tied to the reservation, if you change rooms, their software doesn't care, you keep the same schedule.

So we got trash and towel 4 days after moving to the new room and we get a full clean 2 days before we go home.

We often stay 5 nights, and I can't see the sense in getting clean towels the night before we leave!
Trash and towel is on day 4, which would be after three nights. The whole day/night thing can get confusing.

Well long conversations with the call center, housekeeping CM on the phone and another housekeeping manager the confirm that the housekeeping schedule is tied to the reservation, if you change rooms, their software doesn't care, you keep the same schedule.

So we got trash and towel 4 days after moving to the new room and we get a full clean 2 days before we go home.
I may have misunderstood your original post. If the reservation number remains the same, I'd expect the schedule to follow the original schedule, too.

Adding my 2 cents - I've learned to call mousekeeping early in the stay to ask when I'm scheduled for T & T - they have always accommodated a request for a change of day! We often stay 5 nights, and I can't see the sense in getting clean towels the night before we leave!
And, packing laundry pods works so well - the powdered ones don't go in the 'magic' ziplock bag!

Aha! Thanks for the suggestion. Next year at HHI, that's what we'll do (but we'll ask at the front desk). One T&T in 10 days, and no full cleaning was something we don't care to repeat.

I wish I could recall positively but there was one time we changed rooms at BWV and I believe the schedule did not stay what it would have been. However that was fine since we got a completely cleaned room so it was starting brand new again.

Usually we've had cleanings exactly as scheduled but this Oct/Nov we had complete fails at BLT and PVB. No housekeeping at all for my sister who was in a PVB studio for 6 nights on points. We booked a 7th night on cash and she finally got service on that day. At BLT we were there for 4 nights and did not get the T&T as we should have.

We just completed a 12-night stay at AKV-Kidani, which involved a linked-stay. The first 8 nights were on my points, and the last 4 nights were on points from my sister's DVC account. Since we linked the two reservations months ago, DVC set up a single reservation number to cover the entire 12-night stay.

At check-in, I asked the front desk CM about our cleaning schedule. He told us the exact dates of our two full cleanings and the one trash-and-towel day that we were entitled to. Housekeeping kept to that schedule and we had no problems. We actually called housekeeping and switched our last full cleaning to a trash-and-towel. It was scheduled for the last full day we were in the villa, but since we were leaving the next day it made no sense for them to do a full cleaning for just one night.

We just completed a 12-night stay at AKV-Kidani, which involved a linked-stay. The first 8 nights were on my points, and the last 4 nights were on points from my sister's DVC account. Since we linked the two reservations months ago, DVC set up a single reservation number to cover the entire 12-night stay.

At check-in, I asked the front desk CM about our cleaning schedule. He told us the exact dates of our two full cleanings and the one trash-and-towel day that we were entitled to. Housekeeping kept to that schedule and we had no problems. We actually called housekeeping and switched our last full cleaning to a trash-and-towel. It was scheduled for the last full day we were in the villa, but since we were leaving the next day it made no sense for them to do a full cleaning for just one night.

Using our original schedule at BWV including the room change we will be scheduled for a full clean 2 days prior to our check out. Called tonight to verify and was told that we don't get any more cleanings or T&T. We told them that was incorrect. They had a manager call us back and they confirmed the full clean on Monday.

It seems that housekeeping CM's only understand what's in the system, if the system is incorrect, they don't know what to do.

I never really pay to much attention to it. If I have a lot of trash, or food in the trash, I throw it out in the garbage shoot at the Boardwalk.

Trash and towel is on day 4, which would be after three nights. The whole day/night thing can get confusing.
That hasn't been my experience - it always seemed we were on the schedule for the day before we'd be leaving. It's just easier to call and have it done exactly when I want it.

Just be aware that this schedule may not be followed, but if you insist, it will be. Last year I was at Kidani, and on T&T day, I ONLY got T&T, no supply replenishment. Unfortunately, when I called Housekeeping, they said that T&T meant exactly what it said-ONLY T&T-and I was not to get any supply replenishment. So I called DVC, and they read the policy above and said they'd contact Kidani Housekeeping. Next thing I know, a knock on the door and all kinds of supplies-coffee, soap, etc. On our most recent HHI stay, they didn't replenish the coffee, sugar , and cream but everything else. And last year, at BCV, they forgot more toilet paper. That was an interesting week! So be aware that sometimes things get forgotten. Also, be aware that if you mix points stays with Members' Cash stays, it can mess up this schedule. A few weeks ago, we stayed 10 nights in the same villa, but some nights were points, some Members' Cash. In 10 nights, we only got T&T once, and never got a full cleaning.

We were just at BCV and BLT, at both resorts we got towels and soaps, no coffee, plastic utensils or paper plates. I had called at BCV and the missing stuff delivered. Seems odd that both resorts forgot the same items.

We've never stayed long enough for a "full" cleaning. What exactly do they do? Do they scrub the toilets and tubs? Change sheets? Wash the floors?

We've never stayed long enough for a "full" cleaning. What exactly do they do? Do they scrub the toilets and tubs? Change sheets? Wash the floors?
A full cleaning is more akin to a regular hotel room's daily cleaning. They will replace all the towels, make the beds, generally tidy, etc.

First stay at a DVC resort (on rented points) at BLT is coming up this Oct...

In regard to towels (or any other needed item), what happens if you need more before T&T day? Do you launder your own towels or call guest services for more? And I saw where gdrj posted above about a garbage chute at BWV. Is there something similar at BLT? Thanks!

First stay at a DVC resort (on rented points) at BLT is coming up this Oct...

In regard to towels (or any other needed item), what happens if you need more before T&T day? Do you launder your own towels or call guest services for more? And I saw where gdrj posted above about a garbage chute at BWV. Is there something similar at BLT? Thanks!
Yes, you launder your own towels or you can purchase a "towel pack" by calling guest services. There should be a garbage room on each floor where you can dispose of extra trash.

I just take the "Welcome Home" to heart. Bring soap pods and coffee, wash my towels if needed, etc... I'm never disappointed.

Yes, you launder your own towels or you can purchase a "towel pack" by calling guest services. There should be a garbage room on each floor where you can dispose of extra trash.

You would call housekeeping for the towel pack.

Recently had BWV studio stay of 4 nights. T&T came on day 3 and I didn't request it. I was glad they did as there were 4 of us in that studio and things were getting messy.

I was at BWV in a studio last week and was surprised that they made the bed and washed the glasses on T & T day. We were there 7 nights so not entitled to a full clean. We did leave a tip.

We did laundry midweek, bringing the pods is great. We used the laundry view app, it only showed 1 of our 2 machines as in use. On the dryers, the time was off but we remembered the time and went down about 5 min early.

Seems like nothing has changed since our last visit, housekeeping still doesn't know when or how to clean DVC rooms.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter