DVC ressie with no tickets

Yeah I have had one tell me to call tomorrow so I figure I will at least try it. I would kick myself if I didn't at least try and find out later I could have. I hope it works out for both of us! BTW I love where we will be staying but I'm jealous of where you will be. I have stayed at the Lodge and VWL a number of times but haven't had to chance to stay at CCV.
COVID borrowing rules have screwed up our plan to split-stay and try a new resort (GFV and RIV were our top choices), but we are all happy to be “stuck” at home!

I'm in the same boat at a lot of you. We have ressies at AKL in Sept. I had purchased my annual pass, but my hubby had not. Now we don't even know if there will be park availability for him. Yes, I made my daily park ressies, but I cant make his.... it's our 10th anniversary!!

Anyone else think Disney is reserving separate amounts of availability for the park reservations based on type of guest? Why would the Disney Park Pass Availability page need to show availability calendars for Disney Resort Guests separately from non-resort APs and non-resort ticket holders if it was a free for all? I'm holding out hope that they have accounted for us with existing reservations and no tickets in the initial reservation allocation.

And if non-resort ticket holder availability is limited, what a great way to push some more cash resort sales later on by reserving resort guest park availability.
Yes I think they are doing this.

I'm in the same boat at a lot of you. We have ressies at AKL in Sept. I had purchased my annual pass, but my hubby had not. Now we don't even know if there will be park availability for him. Yes, I made my daily park ressies, but I cant make his.... it's our 10th anniversary!!

With so few resorts open I have to think they have locked off capacity for all the guests with reservations.

Now the downside might be that a specific park is sold out but that is most likely to be HS compared to larger MK or Epcot.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

With so few resorts open I have to think they have locked off capacity for all the guests with reservations.

Now the downside might be that a specific park is sold out but that is most likely to be HS compared to larger MK or Epcot.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

And to add, someone posted on the Rumors board that Disney confirmed they held some back for APs.

So, it is possible they have done the same thing for others..like onsite guests with no tickets.

So, it is possible they have done the same thing for others..like onsite guests with no tickets.
Prior to the announcement of the policy for extending Aug 2018 banked points, I thought that when DVC did finally announce the policy it was going to be bad news. Especially since they took so long to announce it and provided zero communication prior to the announcement. However, the actual announcement was a pleasant surprise.

Hopefully the same will be true here when they announce when DCV members with confirmed reservations will able to purchase tickets and also be able to get park reservations..

Last edited:
I spoke with a CM who advised me to keep a lookout and call on the 28th in the hopes of being able to get tickets or find out if tickets will go on sale shortly thereafter. He was very nice and made me feel like I didn't have to worry.

Also, I checked the park availability and only the most recent days seem to have parks getting greyed out so maybe there are more of us than we realize who are waiting for it to open! Fingers crossed!

Well I have my alarm set for 3:45 A.M. so I'm ready to call at 4. Good luck everyone who calls tomorrow. I hope it works out for us all.

And to add, someone posted on the Rumors board that Disney confirmed they held some back for APs.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Last edited:
I hope they held some back. I have called so many times and been basically told you are out of luck. I have 3 AP’s and 2 no tickets. I’m so frustrated that it appears people who are staying offsite but have tickets can make park reservations before dvc members can without tickets. Do they really think I would go to the parks and leave two of my kids at the hotel? Waiting until later this summer to buy tickets may mean after the beginning of august and/or no park reservations available. I’ll be trying tomorrow again too! Good Luck Everyone!

This is so frustrating. Our AP expired June, but was extended to 10/10/20. We have split stay 11/27-12/11. I can't make park reservation because AP expires before stay, nor can I renew. DVC CM was no help. We explained that AP can only renew 60 days out and by then, everyone and their mother will have had a chance to book with park reservation for that week. CM calmly said, "That's ok you'll just have to keep trying and maybe you'll get in once you've renewed." How is that ok? Ha. We didn't want the extension, we wanted to cash out and apply to 2020-21 AP (since we won't be using in during the extension). Anyone else in a similar boat?
It’s 60 days from the original expiration date - not the extended date. I was able to renew my June Gold AP even though the new expiration date is in Oct. by calling DVC Member Services

This is so frustrating. Our AP expired June, but was extended to 10/10/20. We have split stay 11/27-12/11. I can't make park reservation because AP expires before stay, nor can I renew. DVC CM was no help. We explained that AP can only renew 60 days out and by then, everyone and their mother will have had a chance to book with park reservation for that week. CM calmly said, "That's ok you'll just have to keep trying and maybe you'll get in once you've renewed." How is that ok? Ha. We didn't want the extension, we wanted to cash out and apply to 2020-21 AP (since we won't be using in during the extension). Anyone else in a similar boat?
We are! Our AP'S were going to expire in July but now are set to expire the end of October. We have a Thanksgiving trip that we can't make reservations for. The 60 renewal rule was fine when the only thing you needed them early for was to make fast passes...but it doesn't work now that we need to make reservations! So frustrating. Adding to the frustration is the free month they are gifting you...but not until October! What the heck is that! Ugh!
I'm going to ask to renew today since we have a couple of 2021 reservations as well but if they say no I guess I will wait untill they start selling AP's again and just buy new ones (if they won't let me renew now with an October expiration).

It’s 60 days from the original expiration date - not the extended date. I was able to renew my June Gold AP even though the new expiration date is in Oct. by calling DVC Member Services
When were you able to do this? I tried Monday afternoon 3pm EST and was told no. Did you buy your renewal after this time?
Also, did you refuse the extension get a slight refund and then renew and have a June of 2021 expiration date or is your new expiration date October 2021? Just curious.

Last edited:
On the phone now. Called 407 WDISNEY The message said they don't start till 8 AM but I could stay on the line to talk to a cast member so I did. It says the wait time is 2 1/2 hours yikes

On the phone now. Called 407 WDISNEY The message said they don't start till 8 AM but I could stay on the line to talk to a cast member so I did. It says the wait time is 2 1/2 hours yikes

I also heard in the message that they were only doing NEW 2021 package bookings and modifications to 2020 reservations. I think adding tickets to a DVC points reservation won't happen today.

I also heard in the message that they were only doing NEW 2021 package bookings and modifications to 2020 reservations. I think adding tickets to a DVC points reservation won't happen today.
I heard the same thing... I thought it was supposed to be on the 28th?

When you are a cash guest and add tickets to a room only, it turns it into a package,

I know it is confusing for DVC because we don’t become packages, and they should include mention on the recording, but I have been told that DVC reservations are treated like cash room only and even though ours don’t become packages like cash guests, they are supposed to be treated the same way today.

I would hang on to talk to someone

I heard the same thing... I thought it was supposed to be on the 28th?
This is what the website says
If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter