DVC, Internet and Netflix ?

flechette

Mouseketeer
Greetings All~

I was wondering if any DVC owners, with laptops and internet connections, have tried to use Netflix "Watch Now" option at the resorts and if so what were the results?

I'm hoping this may mean one less thing to pack on future trips :rotfl:

Just in case anyone is wondering - Netflix has a free option (based on subscription level) to watch movies on your laptop called "Watch Now" and it uses a special program of theirs (netflix) to download the movie.

TIA!

Michelle

I don't know the answer to that I'd just like to say there's now 1 more reason I LOVE NETFLIX!
...t.:love:

;) Ya might want to check out the select before getting too excited- very much B list or older movies but still stuff me or hubby will watch.:rotfl:

Never claimed to have good taste in movies...:happytv:

M

I don't know the answer to that I'd just like to say there's now 1 more reason I LOVE NETFLIX!
...t.:love:

I have had Netflix for 7 or 8 years - it's the best! I haven't been in a Blockbuster since the year 2000. :) (or any other video store).

Greetings All~

I was wondering if any DVC owners, with laptops and internet connections, have tried to use Netflix "Watch Now" option at the resorts and if so what were the results?

I'm hoping this may mean one less thing to pack on future trips :rotfl:

Just in case anyone is wondering - Netflix has a free option (based on subscription level) to watch movies on your laptop called "Watch Now" and it uses a special program of theirs (netflix) to download the movie.

TIA!

Michelle

The LAN connection times out to conserve bandwidth. I have been on active websites before and if you don't have activity coming from your computer the connection shuts down and you need to re-establish the connection. Not too good for watching movies. :happytv:

I didn't try watching video but noticed the speed was good enough for just about anything.

The LAN connection times out to conserve bandwidth. I have been on active websites before and if you don't have activity coming from your computer the connection shuts down and you need to re-establish the connection. Not too good for watching movies. :happytv:

hmm well, we're used to having to move the cursor around every so often to keep the screensaver from popping up when we watch a dvd on his laptop - I wonder if that would keep the lan connection open:confused3 :

worth trying out at least once anyway -

thanks for the responses all - and if anyone does give it a try; please drop a note back :goodvibes

I had to say thank you to OP for mentioning the watch now videos!!! My kids go through videos so fast and really only watch a video if it is the first time seeing it. Well they have some Land Before Time videos and some other good kids movies on the watch it now list!!! they have been watching one a day and I love that I can get my movies with the real DVDs and the kids can watch movies on my computer!!! THANK YOU.

And the quality was really good.

Of course, you'll have to pay for the internet if you want to watch the free movies in the privacy of your room. :3dglasses We really enjoy checking out the free DVD's from the general store @ each resort and watching those in the room. :thumbsup2 All the studios except for BWV (and maybe BCV - have not stayed there) have DVD players in the rooms, and all larger units have them.

Wilsonfamily4 - you're welcome! glad to be of service however unintentionally:goodvibes

Starbox - hubby can NOT be without internet, he'll go into withdrawal :rotfl: he's in kuwait now and has served in Iraq previously and has always found some sort of internet to log on too. We're going to be paying for itnternet one way or another (tho we've got the every other day thing down pretty well.) In other words internet fees are built into the planning budget already. Also while I have not looked overly closely at the DVDs available at the resorts I suspect our tastes may be more adult than what's available;)

Also while I have not looked overly closely at the DVDs available at the resorts I suspect our tastes may be more adult than what's available;)

Actually, there's a book of DVDs for kids and another book for
grown-ups. There are plenty of R rated movies. Remember that Disney = Miramax. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter