DVC exercised ROFR-what can I expect as the seller?

princetonsmom

Earning My Ears
Was advised this morning that DVC exercised ROFR for our BWV contract. Can anyone who has been through the process tell me what we can expect and how long will it take?

Read your contract. It has a closing date. Historically, Disney pays close to that date. As the seller, all you can do is follow the instructions from the title agent and wait for the money.

They won’t do anything until about a week from your closing date. Then they’ll reach out to you.

In the meantime, call and update your contact info for everybody on the contract.

DW and I moved after we bought. We updated the address years ago with DVC. So we’re good, right? Not so fast. DVC claimed MY address was updated but DW’s was not. It was a minor delay but still a delay to fix. So. Doesn’t hurt to make a call and see to it that everybody on the account has an updated address.

Here is our experience.

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made:11/18
Offer accepted: 11/19
Sent to ROFR:11/23
Taken ROFR: 12/16
Closing docs received: 1/19
Closing docs returned: 1/21
Closing: 1/27?
Deed recorded: 1/31
Funds Wired: 2/1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter