DVC exchange statistics for 1998 - 2013 info

Dean

Any more updates on RCI exchange stats?

Also, based on the your statement below, what would you say the success rate if they did not ignore the unused points?

Tom
You can find the RCI stats on their respective websites for points and weeks. DVC is not publishing their own at the time. As for their method, I'm not sure I have a great answer. The accounting plays off the traditional system of weeks where you either deposit first or request first. Either way you can measure unfulfilled requests. With RCI points it's an instant system where there's no way to measure demand, only exchanges and the number of remaining points. Neither system has ever measured (formally at least) how acceptable a given exchange was to the member. In other words, it acts as if any exchange was your first choice.

What it appears to me is they ignore outstanding points that are unused in their calculations of the % of successful exchanges. What I read is they basically take the number of exchanges done and compare that to the number of points used plus the number of points expired in the year and that's how they come up with the exchange % ignoring unused points that are still good. They they also calculate the number of exchanges that are owed by assuming that 44K points equals one exchange and then divide the number of outstanding points by 44K to determine how many are still pending.

For the weeks side the confirmed exchange % is the number of confirmed exchanges divided by exchanges filled plus requests that went unfilled. If there was an error, it appears they don't count that against their number even if they entered it as an exchange request.

Bump for new years info. Unfortunately DVC now simply lists the RCI info so no DVC specific exchange audit.

I updated the Club Cordial and Club Intrawest info as well as the modest changes in the exchange costs (# of points) in the first post.

Sure wish we could see the RCI statistics.
The overall RCI statistics for the RCI points system or the DVC related RCI info. Tom, I'm assuming you're referring to the DVC specific info and I'd very much agree. The problem with the RCI points system is that you really can't do a true wait list for the options there so the numbers listed are essentially best case scenario or at least only reflect a small % of the overall action. It's not looking like DVC even tracks that info for RCI anymore on a formal basis.

Dean,

Was there any indication in the report on 2013 exchanges between DVC<>Manhattan Club? I'm guessing these were conducted through BVTC?

Thx!

Dean,

Was there any indication in the report on 2013 exchanges between DVC<>Manhattan Club? I'm guessing these were conducted through BVTC?

Thx!
Nothing that specific. DVC has potential access through both the the concierge collection & RCI. For RCI they simply use the RCI points audit and for BVTC they give the statistics and like the participants. Nothing as specific as to which % of a given resort or even first choice vs other. For the CC it's a DVD function so no requirement to do an audit at all. I'm pretty sure they only have studios and 1 BR but a couple of each. Are you trying to get there or just curios?

Nothing that specific. DVC has potential access through both the the concierge collection & RCI. For RCI they simply use the RCI points audit and for BVTC they give the statistics and like the participants. Nothing as specific as to which % of a given resort or even first choice vs other. For the CC it's a DVD function so no requirement to do an audit at all. I'm pretty sure they only have studios and 1 BR but a couple of each. Are you trying to get there or just curios?
Ah, I was referring to the Concierge Collection only and had hoped it might have been addressed similar to the Club Intrawest and Hilton exchanges mentioned through BVTC.

We did book Manhattan Club last year through DVC last year and it was fantastic. We stayed for 6 nights over Thanksgiving and had a great time viewing the Parade and its preparations.

I was wondering how many exchanges had been booked in both directions using the special DVC<>TMC gateway ... but now s'pose nobody is telling! :rolleyes1

Ah, I was referring to the Concierge Collection only and had hoped it might have been addressed similar to the Club Intrawest and Hilton exchanges mentioned through BVTC.

We did book Manhattan Club last year through DVC last year and it was fantastic. We stayed for 6 nights over Thanksgiving and had a great time viewing the Parade and its preparations.

I was wondering how many exchanges had been booked in both directions using the special DVC<>TMC gateway ... but now s'pose nobody is telling! :rolleyes1
Ask the exchange department with DVC, they should be able to give you an idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter