DVC-Eagle Pines --POSTPONED !

I talked to a CM this afternoon. She said that BCV are expected to be sold as soon as January, and will be sending info to me when available. DVC is a hot property, even with the slower economy. They need something to sell when VWL sell out, which is expected very soon.

I'm a little sad that Disney has decided to postpone the Villas at Eagle Pines but it does not come as a big surprise. In todays economic situation (compounded by the events of 9/11) almost every company is implementing "contingency" plans. Any smart company will make the sacrifices today to insure their long term viability. And let's face it, Disney is a vacation for us, but for them it's a business. Disney, like many companies today, are looking to trim costs wherever possible, and the delay of capital investment is a sure way of saving money. Through the years DVC has proven to be very profitable for Disney, so I am almost 100% confident that as soon as the economy awakens and travel gets closer to normal levels, VEP will be full speed ahead.

I just did an add-on today and my guide told me VEP was still a
go for 2004.:)

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking that VEP being postponed is good news. I like the fact that Disney seems huge & undeveloped...if it becomes one unrelenting resort after another it won't be any different from staying offsite.

PS... I've never used early entry! Probably because I go in off periods. What would really hurt is the elimination of the Concierge Collection! Granted its a perk but there are enough choices in my vicinity to make its existence exciting!

We've never used EE, and likely never would've anyway, since we aren't the early rising types while we're on vacation (unless I have a tee time :D ).

But I know its important to many, so I hope it comes back soon.

Not really surprise about Eagle Pines, and I wouldn't be too surprised by a BCV delay either.

I always say that we are going to use the EE perk when we go to WDW. Somehow that never happens. I guess its because we stay at jelly rolls til 1 or 2 in the morning.

Joe in CT

I do not think Disney will delay BCV. DVC seems to have a large list of members (including us) interested in adding points at BCV.
The resort is in a good location and will also attract non-members
prior to a sell out.
ralphd

:)

I just talked to my guide again to finalize my add on and he told me that the guides have been informed of a false rumour on the internet about VEP being postponed. They were assured that VEP is still on track....

A fairly reputable and accurate theme park site (www.screamscape.com) has reported today that VEP is still a go. Just goes to show how quickly one of these rumors can be transformed into a fact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter