DVC dinner discount for hoop dee doo. Do you doo it?

disneycrazed139

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if people here have taken advantage of the 9:30 show discount. I have never been to this show, and am actually hestitant. We love the comedy warehouse, but I somehow can't see myself being that entertained by what has been described as slapstick and corny humor. Anyone have any opinions on this? I am particularly interested in what DVC members think about the discount for it and is it worth it? I also wonder if my teenager (14) would be interested.

Any opinions? I know it gets rave reviews.

btw-we've been to the new luau, which I didn't think was worth the money, although good. thought the old luau was much better.

I have not taken advantage of the DVC discount for the 9:30 pm show. I first saw the show when I was about 27, there is section they go around the audience finding out where people are from, we were asked "Are you on your Honeymoon" we answered "NO" "Then what are the bags doing under your eyes" I fell in Love with the show then, I am now 46 and still Laugh Out Loud at the jokes.

From what I have observed with the teens - they try really hard not to like it. But it grows on you. I have a neice we brought when she was 15. Too cool for the show. But even she was laughing in the end.

Janis

We went in February and I enjoyed the show, but my husband hated it. His main concern was that we were seated in the balcony area. The tables run the length of the balcony and face the wall - not the show. Also, we were sitting on high stools instead of chairs and our 3 year old granddaughter fell off once. Whe the show began, we had to turn around to watch and when we would turn back around, our food would be gone. It was usually replaced by the next course, but we generally were not finished with what was taken.

Tammy

We went to the 930 show this last time because we have DDE and took the discount. It was full in there! Probably due to the DDE discount and free dining. My son got pulled on stage and we had a good time. We were at table 11 which is in the front row all the way to the left if you are looking at the stage, kind of in the corner of the front row.

DH and I love this show. The humour is really corny but it's very entertaining. IT's also all you can drink. Which adds some value if you drink alcohol. Lots of audience participation as well.

I love the Hoop Dee Doo, but 9:30 is a bit late for me to sit down to eat, so I wouldn't go to the 9:30 show.

We've done the Hoop Dee Do 3 times now (over 10 years) and this past June we used the DVC discount for the 9:30 show. I was surprised that the hall was full. The discount really helped as there were 5 of us and it was like 1 was free with the discount.

We've Hooped 6 times, with our 7th coming up next month. We did the 9:30 show one time to get the discount. We won't do it again for several years. Our kids are 3 and 7, so they just can't make it that long. However, I would think that a 14 year old would be ok.

For the late showing, they have buses waiting for you and will take you straight to your room, which is really nice!

We have always gone to the 9:30 show and love it!! DS (15) loves the show, and we are going again this Xmas. This past Easter, we were seated in the balcony, and they seemed to pick on DS quite a bit -- he loved it.

My sense of humor tends to be as dry as the Sahara, but this show is funny at whatever time you see it! The food was surprisingly good too!
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter