Dvc cruise 2024

So when you call, will you automatically be connected to a hold queue? Will it just keep ringing? Do you have to keep calling until you get into a queue? What is the strategy to get through? I'm totally out of my element.

Any of those options is a possibility- the phone queue can only hold so many people waiting and then you get either a fast busy or a message that your call cannot go through and to try again. Then it’s hoping for pixie dust that one of your redials gets you into the queue sooner rather than later.
And most importantly, post your progress to this thread! The only good part about this crazy booking experience will be hanging out with you all! Be sure to say which cruise you’re trying to book when you post.

You usually talk to the person and then they put you on hold while they try to book. My strategy has been to give specific cabins as maybe first & second choice, and then I say, if those aren’t available, any 2connecting category x, y, or z, prefer starboard and aft. Or whatever. I want them to be able to grab something without having to come back & ask me again.
Thanks - my stress level just went up 1000%, but I’m glad I know. I assumed they had a life screen in front of them and could see what was available.

Thanks - my stress level just went up 1000%, but I’m glad I know. I assumed they had a life screen in front of them and could see what was available.
I was told once that they are looking at screens similar to what guests see while booking online. If you’ve ever called in to use a placeholder or on opening day for new cruise Dates, it’s like that with the CM looking for the cabin you are wanting to book.

With several people trying to book at the same time, many cast members are looking at the same screens & one can grab a cabin as another is looking at the same screen & initially seeing it as available. Which is why providing some options can help expedite the process for both the CM and you.

Patience is the key today while calling, as nothing can get you into the queue or off hold and connected with a CM any faster while you are trying snd waiting.

Sorry! It’s because we’re talking to DVC agents, not DCL. But that’s why it’s super helpful for people to post here, so we can know what’s left. They also usually update the website when categories sell out.

HI All. Have a question but on the member site is there a place to see what categories is still available when booking opens?

If there is anything on the website for booking and point charts? I don’t see it.

Nevermind…I found it… :o

We are a little bit interested in the Europe cruise, but I want to experience this year’s transatlantic because it’s been a few years since we’ve done one, and yes, we’ve gotten older. If it works, may put us on a waitlist for the cruise. I seem to remember there being waitlists. Am I correct?

Last edited:
Don’t be concerned when a category shows as Sold Out rather quickly, as some categories don’t have a lot of cabins initially. But the website status can help while waiting to adjust choices before being connected.

Sorry! It’s because we’re talking to DVC agents, not DCL. But that’s why it’s super helpful for people to post here, so we can know what’s left. They also usually update the website when categories sell out.
Do
you know what page they will be posting that on?

I was told once that they are looking at screens similar to what guests see while booking online. If you’ve ever called in to use a placeholder or on opening day for new cruise Dates, it’s like that with the CM looking for the cabin you are wanting to book.
I have a fantastic TA who handles all this stressful stuff for me! I feel way out of my depth. Thanks to you and everyone else for helping me understand this process.

I'm in and on hold. So is huband on a different phone.

Has anyone actually gotten through?

Where is the page where they will list the categories that are sold out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter