• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC availability for planning purposes

davetteb

Earning My Ears
I could use some input from people who have tried to book a studio at Aulani at 7 months out. I am looking at the first week of April or the first week of October 2022 and realized I missed my chance to watch availability as it approached 7 months for October. I know situations can vary from year to year and COVID is affecting availability and booking patterns. I would still appreciate any experiences you can share or suggestions. Would I be better off renting Aulani points and then renting out my points? Obviously would prefer not to do this if I don't have to because of the cost difference and hassle.

Aulani availability is heavily dependent on view category, with the cheapest views going first.

You will almost certainly have access to Ocean View at 7 months.
You will almost certainly *not* have access to Standard View.

Poolside Garden and Island Garden will be somewhere in between.

I wouldn't mess around with renting Aulani points and then renting out your own points. With what you'd lose on the exchange, you'd be better off just spending the extra points on OV, even if that wouldn't have been your preference otherwise.

First week of October 2022 is Aulani’s spring break and the resort will be packed with locals.

For 2021 fall break, I was able to snag a standard view studio at 7 months, but island view was sold out. I’ve been checking everyday to see if I can upgrade but no luck.

Thanks for the replies and information. Helps me know what might know what might be possible. Fortunately, I have enough points for whatever view is available, even if I would rather not spend them all! Maybe I will go for April to avoid the local spring break.

Thanks for the replies and information. Helps me know what might know what might be possible. Fortunately, I have enough points for whatever view is available, even if I would rather not spend them all! Maybe I will go for April to avoid the local spring break.
That's probably a good idea. When locals visit Aulani, we stay on property the entire time. When the hotel is mostly occupied by visitors, at least some of them leave for day tips and excursions. The resort will always feel more crowded during Hawaii school breaks, even if the occupancy rate isn't any higher than normal.

Also, October is peak hurricane season in Hawaii, although Oahu rarely gets a direct hit. Still, the island will shut down for 2-3 days to prepare for a possible hit and that eats into vacation time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter