DS Turning 13 while at USF/IOA = HRH

mainelyj

Mouseketeer
My DS is turning 13 during our stay at the Hard Rock next month. I called the reservations to ask what can I do to make his stay special. They made a note of this fact in our reservations. They referred me to the hotel concierge. This gal was not very helpful, other than to say, there are things that I could order. She referred me to Star Service.

I spoke with Kelly, She was very helpful. She went through all my options and we decided on a Movie Reel Package - it was $30. It includes an in=room movie, lots of candies such as skittles, milk duds, etc. It also includes beverages and popcorn. Because I also have an 11 year old DS, she said she was going to make up something for him - with some extra candy. So, he would not feel left out. Again, she was very helpful. She kept saying she was add some other extra stuff at a discounted rate.

I asked if it could be in our room at check in. She was able to tell me that the hotel for our arrival was only 40% full = interesting. She will not be working on our arrival date, but said she will be there the next day. I specifically asked her name and if she would be working. She seemed to perk up and assured me, she would personally make sure the gifts are ready to go and be in our room upon arrival.

I hope Kelly is right. If so, I will make sure I have a nice envelope with a thank you in it for her time and effort.

I was very impressed again with her knowledge and hope my boys enjoy their suprised gifts.

Donna in Maine:sunny: :wave: :yo-yo:

Great idea! That sounds like fun. When we stayed at the PBH last October for my wife's birthday, I sent them Betty Boop decorations for the room, (she loves Betty Boop) and the room was decorated when we get there. It was alot of fun. Concierge charged me $75 to do it, but to see her face when we walked in, was worth it.

Awww Spidey, what a sweet idea you had for wife's birthday. I hope all the husbands & SO's on the board are taking notes from you on how to make their partner's day special. Now......hmmm, where's that husband of mine?!:tongue:

I can not wait until I see my kids faces. You are right, just something extra special. Though I got to worry about all that sugar:earseek:

Our son turned 12 during our stay at RPR last summer. Upon check in I let the girl checking us in know and she said that she would send something to the room for him. When we returned to our room after visiting IOA, there was a basket of candy for him with a stuffed Scooby (8") with a card! He was so surprised and loved all of the attention. He even took it upon himself to walk to the front desk and personally thank them. The best thing was that they did not charge us anything for the gift!!

Have a great trip!!:thewave:

I celebrated my birthday while at HRH last summer. DH, with the help of the concierge, had roses delivered to me while I was at the spa over at PBH. Not exactly what you're looking for for your DS I am sure, but thought I'd share and relive the memory.:tilt:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter