Driving to USA? No test?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I'm having trouble keeping up with all the changes. If driving to the USA fron Ontario right now, no negative test required, correct? This assumes everyone is vaccinated. TIA!

Hi all! I'm having trouble keeping up with all the changes. If driving to the USA fron Ontario right now, no negative test required, correct? This assumes everyone is vaccinated. TIA!
Correct. On your return, you will need to take a molecular test in the US within 72 hours of your planned entry into Canada.

I just crossed border today morning by driving (Fore Erie). No testing required. The border agent didn’t ask. We had our vaccination records didn’t even bothered to look at it. There was no wait at the border and it just took us less than 2 min!
I think the testing requirement for reentry just started up again. If you are asked and cannot provide a negative test result you might be looking at a quaratine. Everything keeps changing!

correct the new rules are you need to be tested in the country you are coming from. So even if your going to buffalo for the day, you need to test in buffalo. Not test in ontario, drive to buffalo and drive home and show the test you had in ontario yesterday. so there goes day trips for now.

But wait, is there a change for requiring a test to enter the USA? I was still under the impression that you only needed proof of vaccination to enter the USA. I know we need a test to return to Canada, but I didn't think a test was required to enter the USA.

But wait, is there a change for requiring a test to enter the USA? I was still under the impression that you only needed proof of vaccination to enter the USA. I know we need a test to return to Canada, but I didn't think a test was required to enter the USA.

No, it is just for coming back to Canada. No test needed if you are driving into the US. You just need to test in the US to come back, no matter how long you are in the US.

We will have to have a PCR test when returning to Canada starting Tuesday December 21st. I bet the borders are busy this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter