Drive or take bus to MVMCP?

Tara

Bad Influence
We're going to be staying at ASMusic Dec 8-12 and we're attending MVMCP with our then 14-month old son. (he's a night owl, so staying up late isn't a problem) on Tuesday, 12/10. Should we take our rental car to MK or just take the bus? I know it's usually faster to take the bus to MK rather than self-drive, but I don't recall wait times for buses after MVMCP in previous years.

Any advice?

We attended MNSHP in October and made the mistake of taking the boat over, we were at WL. Never again. It was horrid waiting in line and tired, didn't help that DH had a gall bladder attack that night. My advise is to take the car, especially with a baby. Makes things so much easier on you. We always take the car with our 5 Dcherubs, you never know what will happen and if you need to leave because a little one gets tired or ill. Just the thought of waiting in those lines to board a bus with a little one is enough to send me to the rental agent, lol! Have a great time!
Faith, trust, and pixie dust to you!

If you drive, you will still have to take a boat or the monorail back to the TTC to get to your car. I'd take the bus. Then you can leave any time you wish and just hop the bus. Just don't go right after the first parade or at the end of the party. Everyone will be leaving then so it may take you a while to get your bus.

At the end of the night, all of the lines are horrible - the ones for the buses, boats, monorails and trams. All things being equal, I would just take the bus. It's so convenient because it is right there as you exit the park.

Have fun!

We've gone to MVMCP twice now (in 2000 and 2001) and we were staying at the Movies both times. I would definitely suggest taking the bus!!! Bus service was excellent during our stays at the Movies. In 2000, we stayed til just about the end of MVMCP and we walked out just as a bus was pulling away, and in pulled another bus. (And they were doing separate busses for each of the All Stars). As we pulled away, I heard the guy on the radio say he was pulling up right behind us. Last year, we left a little early, but again they had buses available.

We've stayed at the All Star Movies twice now, and I find that they have some of the best bus service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter