• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drinking Fountains During Covid-19

Sleepless Knight

Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
Having run many races at Walt Disney World and being well versed in making sure I stay hydrated, I've been considering how to handle this with all the understandable precautions due to the pandemic. In the past, I bring my own water bottle to the parks and refill it as necessary at a drinking fountain or water bottle refill station.

Are drinking fountains not next to water bottle refill stations turned on right now or will I need to ask counter service locations for a free ice water in order to make sure I stay hydrated if a water bottle refill station is not nearby? Fortunately for me, I know there's one in Galaxy's Edge where I will once again be spending hours enjoying and appreciating.

Just returned two weeks ago. It was so hot I saw too many use them as sinks to wet cloths for their face/necks. I will not use them because of what I saw. The bottler fillers were great. Does anyone know if they have maps that shows their locations in the parks?

Just returned two weeks ago. It was so hot I saw too many use them as sinks to wet cloths for their face/necks. I will not use them because of what I saw. The bottler fillers were great. Does anyone know if they have maps that shows their locations in the parks?
No maps, from what i remember there's the one at the exit to mfsr, one at the swge by the milk stand, in the fop queue, next to the skyliner restrooms at dhs and inside cosmic ray, this last one was blocked off a couple of weeks ago, not sure why

Last edited:
They are in use. We didn't use them. Like others as soon as I saw someone wetting a cloth held right against the spigot we have not used them. That's been a couple years now. I haul a backpack with water bottles for everyone and once it's gone it's time to head back to the hotel for a break.

While I would normally champion using reusable water bottles, I have seen so many gross things at Disney (even washing a baby’s behind in a drinking fountain) that I just resign myself to buying bottled water in the parks or getting cups at quick service. Yes, it’s a waste of resources, but my health comes first. I love the idea of the bottle filling stations, but people just can’t resist being disgusting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter