Drink Mugs? Can you bring them back?

safetymom,
I will ask CM again and note what you said,
I told them about the boards in Oct, and that this is a big thing.. People get down right mean on the board.
He Laughted and told me that Disney wants us to use the Mugs..
I dont see why if, I'm told I can use them, that some of you feel, we are cheating disney.
If Disney CM doesnt know then who knows! ... YOU...
I'll take CM word for it.

I don't care to debate what everyone does. I know that I will follow the posted rules.

Just because there is a CM standing there doesn't mean they know all the rules. In lots of the locations they have the kids from the College Program working there. One day they could be in MK, the next Epcot, the next day working at a resort. They aren't trained for all the locations and know all the rules.

If Disney's policy is something different then why do they have signs posted stating what the current policy is?

Am I supposed to believe the sign or what someone heard from a CM that they talked with?

I always take my mugs from POFQ each time we go. I was told when I made the purchase they were good whenever I visited the POFQ resort. They have now changed the design but no one has ever commented on my old mugs. When we were relocated to AKL in 2001, I was told I could use my POFQ mugs there too. When we were relocated this year to the BC, I asked for replacement Beach CLub mugs since we could not use our POFQ mugs. We had complimentary mugs waiting in our room. Go figure as my grandson would say!!

Sawyermaw: Are you sure they were replacement mugs, and you didn't pay for them on your bill when you checked out, without realizing it? Some WDW resorts put the mugs in the rooms to sell to the guests. If you use them, you'll find the charge on your bill at checkout time!

I rest my case.... Chaos reigns. Ask 10 different CMs and you'll get 4 different versions of what you can, and cannot, do with the mugs... and more than likely the official policy is posted only a few feet away.

skiwee1, my guess is the CM you saw at the Poly was a new hire. If so, I'm sure the other CM's will have straightened him/her out by now. Your's is honestly the first report I've read where a CM actually stopped someone.

LT Hambone, I think I can come up with some other creative reasons to get myself out of the room!

Ok...we've been here I don't know how many times before - and I have no doubt we shall be here again.

The fact of the matter is the <i>official</i> line is that Disney Mugs are NOT free refills for life. I cannot say for sure that this was always the case, but I certainly recall on my first trip to CBR in 1998 that at that point they were definately only free refills for the length of your trip. That said CM's, including management at the resorts seem to not give a hoot. So, at the end of the day, you must do as your conscience tells you.

Now, that is how it is. Things are ok at the moment, but if this thread turns into an all out moral war of words it usually does then my next post to the thread will be to lock it. I really don't want to do that, so please consider what you say before you hit the 'Submit' button and respect your fellow posters.

This subject baffles me - personally I think Disney should offer two rates

1) Buying a refillable Mug for your stay at your resort.

2) A discounted rate for those returning with their old mug - say $3.00 off the 1st rate

====

Some local restaurants here offer free refills for kids in a souvenier cup - but I wouldn't consider bringing the cup back with me another time for continued refills :confused:

>>^..^<<

Originally posted by safetymom
I don't care to debate what everyone does. I know that I will follow the posted rules.

Just because there is a CM standing there doesn't mean they know all the rules. In lots of the locations they have the kids from the College Program working there. One day they could be in MK, the next Epcot, the next day working at a resort. They aren't trained for all the locations and know all the rules.

If Disney's policy is something different then why do they have signs posted stating what the current policy is?

Am I supposed to believe the sign or what someone heard from a CM that they talked with?

Let it go already.

Rhonda - I'm sure they were complimentary. I was promised the mugs before my arrival and I confirmed with the front desk just to make sure there was no charge. There were more mugs in our room on the second day and I turned these back in so there would be no charge.

For the three or four people out of thousands who take the trouble to bring their old mugs back to the resort they stayed at previously, I don't think Disney really cares........I call that a reward for customer loyality!
(please don't flame me - I'm hot enough as it is.......;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter