"Dressing Us As Staff and HOST" Bans

Jackoman

I wonder if the Tag Fairy has been to Disneyland b
I have read many threads about people being banned for dressing up as the VMK Staff Or HOST. I do not get it. I mean,what's the big idea of dressing up as staff? Does anyone else not get it?

If you mean why are they banning people for doing it...
It is because it confuses new members who aren't sure who is who and how things work. We all know staff wears green ears and has the orange button but I didn't know that when I first joined and I'm sure some of the younger players may not know as well. It is too easy for someone to pretend and intimidate them into giving things etc.

Now if you are wondering why people dress like this
I have no clue

Think of it as a staff uniform. Think of all those jobs that have uniforms so that you can easily identify a staff member.

What if we all suddenly started walking around dressed in the uniform of our local police force? How would we know who the real police officers were and who were the people who just dressed like them? What if we had been robbed and really needed police assistance? How would we know who the real police officer was if there were extra people wearing their uniform?

Does that help explain what the big deal is with people who dress up like VMK staff?

Karen

I haven't purchased any shirts in awhile, so I'm not sure if they've filtered all the green shirt options, but it's what staff has chosen as their own. And it belongs to a small number (like flips) who've been around since beta days.

I've personally seen a girl ask a staff in her room about the clothes and the staff said and I quote:

"VMK has made them available at one point in time.."
"So I don't see why there would be trouble.."
"Unless you say you are staff."

Which was cool to see because that's pretty much how it is. Say you're a cop with your silly police man uniform from Halloween so you could rock your karaoke joint to a cop, and you're going down.

:banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :flower3:

You are allowed to wear those clothes around VMK since it was a mistake from VMK by not making a Moderator Exclusive Costume, and just picking up some jeans, flips and shirt out of the stuff that was being sold during beta. Therefore, if you are banned for just wearing it, then you should make a huge complain to VMK, they will have to remove the ban from your record and as well repay the time you lost from VMK in some way. The problem is if you wear the costume and as well pretend to be a staff member, that will lead to an automatic ban for 10 years due to Impersonation unless it was something that can be discussed about because of a bad understanding from part of the VMK staff, this might make the staff members reduce your ban time, but not make you come back from a second to other...

Yesterday, I was on vmk and I saw a character walking in circles around a staff member. I can't remember their name but they were no longer a guest and they had some rare pins and magic. They were actually harassing the staff! Saying things like "you stink" "look at me I'm staff." "i am better than you" It amazes me that people would try this unless they are looking for trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter