Dream cruise 3/28/16! Happy graduation!

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We are currently looking forward to our Dream cruise on March 28! It includes me (52), a HS teacher, DH (52), a contractor, and DS (17), a HS senior. He is my youngest. Our oldest is married, working and now pregnant with my first grandchildl My younger daughter is almost 21 and in college; her spring break is earlier.
This is ostensibly to celebrate DS's graduation. He last went with us to WDW in June of 14 and then said he was "disney'd out". DH and I have been twice since as a couple (my younger daughter was a CP in the fall of 14 and we spent a long weekend with her then; we also went back last spring break). Last winter I threw out the idea of taking a cruise instead since we have the same spring break for once (which has happened about 1/3 of the time the kids have been in public school--their school is always last week of March or first week of April; mine is always around Easter). We took two cruises before; on the Wonder in 2003 and the Magic in 2004, that one with my parents and my sister and her family for my parents' 50th anniversary. Both were great.
DS was onboard with the cruise idea so I booked it. We got a category 4A room midship on deck 9, starboard side, non-connecting. I have also booked the teen wild side excursion for him. I just hope there aren't mostly "younger" teens in the Vibe; he will be two months short of 18 and I don't think he'll like it much if it is mostly 14 year olds. I hope there are other 17 year olds. He does not act excited in that he doesn't plan or drool over photos like I do, but last week I showed him the Dream on the webcam and pointed out the aquaduck and he was intrigued. I think he just thinks it's cool he's going on a cruise with mostly unlimited food (he can eat all day and not gain weight) and will be in the Bahamas for his spring break.
I have all our plans mostly made. I booked the Hyatt the night before. Since we fly to Orlando on Easter Sunday the prices for flights were insane. We are prepaid and taking the first DCL bus to port on embarkation day, or hoping to at least get on the first or second one. On our previous cruises we never took the bus so I would like to do it once. I have checked us in and gotten Palo brunch on sea day and my son's excursion. I have also prepaid our tips. I do want to order a romance package for one for both of us--DH doesn't like bathrobes so the package for two would be a waste of money, LOL. I also want to prebook a rainforest pass. I have some door signs ready to go too.
When we disembark, we are taking Happy Limo to the Royal Pacific at Universal for two nights. This is another concession to DS--I was thinking we'd just chill at OKW or something for a night and fly out the next day, but last summer he asked if we could go check out the Harry Potter stuff (he's been to WDW 13 time but never Universal). This way we can use early entry for HP at least one day, probably wait in line for some of it, but we'll have FOL passes for everything else they might want to try. DH and I did Universal in 2009 and don't really care, but whatever! We fly out that Sunday.
So we fly to Orlando 6 weeks from tomorrow! I am beyond excited and have even started a pinterest page with DCL stuff (I'm sure a lot of people have done the same LOL).
Daisyx3

We took a spring break cruise on the Fantasy a couple of years ago. I was a junior in high school then and loved it; I hope your son does too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter