DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando / WDW Half Marathon

jrsharp21

DIS Veteran
My wife and I are running in the WDW Half Marathon in January. We are bringing our two children with us (20 & 14). We are trying not to spend a ton on the hotel but at the same time have some space for the four of us to spread out. The DoubleTree Suites seems to fit the bill. Does anyone know if during the WDW Marathon there is any type of transportation from the DoubleTree Suites to the starting line area of the half marathon? I know that the WDW Resort hotels have a bus that you can ride to the starting line, but didn't know if the Disney Springs hotels also have something similar.

Our first marathons we stayed in Disney hotels and found the transport miserable. Most buses were brought in from outside, one even got lost.

Latter years we stayed at Doubletree and drove to race, a breeze. If you don’t have car you might consider uber/lyft or do your warmup going to Saratoga to catch bus there.

Our first marathons we stayed in Disney hotels and found the transport miserable. Most buses were brought in from outside, one even got lost.

Latter years we stayed at Doubletree and drove to race, a breeze. If you don’t have car you might consider uber/lyft or do your warmup going to Saratoga to catch bus there.

Saratoga, great idea! Never even thought of that. Great idea. My wife and I getting to the starting/finish line is no problem. The logistics we are trying to figure out is our daughter and son getting to the finish line after they finally get up and get ready. Walking over to Saratoga may not be a bad idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter