"Double Dip Delight" 09/27/08 - Take 2 with Link to Original Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGICFOR2

Condimentessa
Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1344864&page=266

Hello Everyone! It seems in the interest of "faster threads" our original thread has been closed. The DIS gods will give it back to us at some future time after "cutting it up." whatever that means ...so we can continue here, When we get to 250 pages, we will have to do "Take 3!"

Let's keep this party going! :dance3:

I've added a link in your old thread to this new one to help people who are subscribed to it find it.

I'm sure the answer to this is around somewhere but I'm too tired to search.
What is the earliest we can start boarding the ship? Thanks

I pre-ordered the 2008 Passporter from Amazon, it was supposed to be available at the end of February. I just received an e-mail stating that the book will now be available sometime in April. There wasn't an explanation as to why. I'm not sure if this means that the book has been delayed or if Amazon will not receive shipments until then. Does anyone have any info regarding this? I don't know if I should cancel the order. Thanks

Hello, fellow cruisers! You have arrived! You have found the "GO-TO" place with many resources you'll want to be familar with to stay in the loop and join in on the fun! Check back here on Page 1 from time-to-time as I'll keep updating Post 6 with new things and current stats.

I have volunteered to be the Cast Roll Call owner and the go-to person to for updates and additions to our cruisers list. Here's some good info on that as well as other items that will be of interest to many joining us on our Disney Double Dip Delight Cruise!

:thumbsup2 Cast Roll Call List Submission

At this time, I've included the following data fields in our cruise database, which will have some content uploaded to our own website:

DIS Name:
Fellow Passengers/Cabin Mates & ages of kids:
Celebrations:
Dining Seating (Main or Late):
Stateroom:
Home Country/State/City:
Going to WDW prior to the Cruise?:
Friday Night Pre-Cruise Hotel Choice:
Doing a Back-to-Back cruise from 9/24-27?:
Doing a Back-to-Back cruise from 10/4-11?:
Various Interests for the Cruise*:

*[For example: '80s Party, Kid's On-Line Pre-Meets, group Palo Brunch, group Palo High Tea, Adult Beverage Tastings (including coffee, beer, wine, beer, and martinis), Fish Extender Fun (see page 29, posts 427 & 429 of our first thread; for basic dimensions go to page 56, posts 830, 832, 833, & 837 of our first thread), Secret Mickey gift exchange (page 52, post 779 of our first thread), pin trading, etc.]

If you desire, please send any of the info above to DoubleDip09-2008@hotmail.com. Obviously no one would be obligated to provide all or any of this info, but if you already had it out there on our first thread, I've added it to the spreadsheet. If you have not yet posted any of this info about yourself and would like to do so, feel free to PM me with the scoop or see my signature block for the email addy to submit your info. I do want to make it clear that if you email me at the Hotmail account, your personal email addy will be kept private. It will not be posted to the website! As newbies join us, I'll get them added to the Cast Roll Call List and welcome them to our cruise so they know I captured what they submitted!

comp25.gif
Our Own DDD Website!

Brandie's (Fizzgig) DH, Jeremy, has graciously volunteered to create our own DIS Double Dip website!! Jeremy, Brandie, and I will work together to periodically get the updates onto the site. This website contains some chat threads related to specific topics, a group and personal calendar, and so much more! You can also include pictures of yourself or your family in your profile (as the avatar) so we know who to run to in the Disney Cruise Terminal! So please sign up to get access to the site, and check it out!!

To establish an account on the website http://www.disdoubledip.com, at the home page you will see a portlet to allow you to log in. Just below the empty fields, there is a link where it says "Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User". Click on "New User", fill out the required fields, and it will send an email to the site administrator and automatically email you back. Go into the email that you received (you may need to check your Junk/Spam Folder for it), and select the link within the message to activate your account. Our webmasters will keep an eye on who's requesting an account as well.

princess: Kids' Meet Forum

Also on our DIS Double Dip website is a Kids' Meets Forum. It's a great way for the children to interact and make friends before meeting them in the cruise terminal or in the clubs!

As a precaution, the Kids' Area on DISDoubleDip.com has controlled access. In order to gain access to it, you must contact Brandie (Fizzgig) with the parents' username and the kiddo's username on the DISDoubleDip website. She and her DH will then get you and your child/children access to the Kids' Meet Thread.

Note that if you only have a single household email account, then that's the only username to get added to the Kids' Area Forum. So in that case, there will be no distinction between a kiddo's account and a parents' account for that family.

Rest assured that this forum will be watched *closely* for any inappropriate content. Either the parents or our webmasters (Jeremy and Brandie) will handle the inappropriate content. The "officer" of course will depend on what the situation entails. ::cop:

:teacher: INTERESTING STATS AS OF 06.29.08:

139 Cabins accounted for (DISers, family, extended family, and friends)
413 Total People
150 Kids under age 18 (broken out of the total)
50 Cabins without children/89 Cabins with children
24 Adults with parents and/or grandparents traveling with them
5 Countries represented (Canada, Germany, New Zealand, United Kingdom, USA)
29 States in the US represented
3 Back-to-back cruising families (9/24-27)
3 Back-to-back cruising families (10/4-11)
1 Honeymoon
17 Anniversary Celebrations
18 Birthday Celebrations
2 Very Merry Unbirthdays
1 Master's Degree
1 Iraq Tour Completion
15 Cabins interested in Secret Mickey Gift Exchange
42 Cabins interested in Fish Extender Fun
19 Cabins (not people) interested in Palo High Tea

:artist: The DIS Double Dip Family Photo Album

If you would like to post a picture of you and/or your family so we can spot you at the port terminal or perhaps even at your Friday night hotel, there's a thread on our website to do so.
Just follow this link: DDD Family Photo Album

Cruise Logo

Here is our updated logo for your use!

DoubleDipLogoMedium-1.jpg
NewDoubleDipLogoAvatar.jpg

Feel free to use them for your siggy, door magnets, or any other grand idea you have!

Logo Merchandise

Cafe Press has many excellent goods that you can order on-line with our cruise logo. This includes postcards, t-shirts, mugs, messenger bags, thongs, hats, and so much more! Step-by-step directions are found in Post 2200 in our first thread.
icescream.gif
Double Dip Delight Customized Lanyards
icescream.gif

On the day of our cruise departure, many of you will receive your own Double Dip Delight customized lanyard and personalized name badge!

Thanks to our lanyard leaders, Erik (tig82174) and Hadley (NHDisneylover), their solicitations led nearly 300 of us to want to proudly wear our logo-inspired lanyard. So if you signed up for lanyards by the April 1 cut-off deadline, you can expect to get yours on embarkation day, September 27!

A big "Thank You" goes out to our lanyard team sponsors who have made it possible for us to receive our keepsakes for free. The following are the DISers who have funded this memento:

• anewmac
  • AQW
  • Buckeye Gal
  • deb123453
  • FinallyBoughtDVC
  • Hoagie Pie
  • ilovemangoes
  • KB111570
  • LuvtheEars
  • MagicMe
  • NHDisneylover
  • pit303
  • rkandmjsmommy
  • Scoobypop
  • Scoutsmom99
  • Silversea
  • Tigger82174
  • VIKKIGZ
  • zweihund
If you are signed up to receive lanyards, be aware that these come with a simple plastic badge-holder sleeve that will hold the nametag and your KTTWC. If you like the large pouches like you see on some lanyards that holds things like a wad of cash or a folded up Navigator, you'll need to bring/buy this yourself.

Finally, "THANK YOU", Erik and Hadley (and their families), for all the time you've put into this special keepsake! They've already designed the lanyards, placed the order, and designed the nametags. In the coming months, they will continue their efforts by producing the removable name badges for us, stuffing them in the plastic sleeve, and organizing them by family(s)/friend traveling together.

So check back here as the cruise gets closer for details on how and where to pick up your personalized lanyards and badges on embarkation day!!

19.gif
'80s Party Night!
uowdancyboyib0.gif

Well Disney can take away the 80's Party night, but they can't take the '80s groove out of the Double Dippers!

Get stoked! All you mall chicks, pull out your leg warmers, stirrup pants, shoulder pads, and big sweater. Then, dress yourself up with jelly bracelets, a banana clip, and 4" hoop earrings. For all the studs out there, find that back pocket comb, Ocean Pacific T-shirt, shades, and parachute pants. It's time to get ready to break dance!

On "One Hit Wonder" night, we Double Dip Delighters will be turning the Rockin' Bar D into an '80s club. Now don't have a cow if you forget to pack your Members Only jacket, Izod, or Jordache threads. Just join us at the Rockin' Bar D and party hardy! It's going to be a totally tubular event! Read what everyone is saying about it in the "Get-togethers on the Boat" Forum.

10.gif
Group Palo Brunch

Many were interested in joining some of our DIS friends for brunch at Palo, so Julie ("skoi") graciously volunteered to make reservations! She faxed in a request to get the big room in Palo for Monday, our first day at sea. So keep your fingers crossed that she/we will get it! She already has the seats filled up, but if you're interested in being on a wait list, I'm sure you can ask her.

If you're a Disney cruise newbie with children, understand that all dining experiences at Palo are for adults only, so you'll want to make arrangements for the kids to go to Flounders or one of the clubs while you enjoy the awesome delights and adult conversation on our day at sea. :)

sport-smiley-015.gif
Excursions

Several of us have mentioned that we've taken some excursions off on our own that were not sponsored by DCL. Be sure to check out our website for some of those suggestions as well as posts on this thread.

Castaway Cay (Sunday 8:30 am - 2:30 pm & Friday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm)
The DCL site has all the excursions for Castaway Cay listed on their website.

It has been validated by those who could book at T-105 that the traditional offer by DCL for a second day discount of 75% for the Double Dippers on equipment rental included in the Castaway Cay Getaway Package will be available to us as well. This discount only gets applied if you sign up for the package prior to sailing. So be on the lookout for our cruise to be included in the discount opportunity.

Grand Cayman (Tuesday, 7:45 am - 4:30 pm)

UPDATED on 06.11.2008: It's official that we are NOT going to Costa Maya.

Excurisions offered by DCL for Grand Cayman are found at their website. As you plan your day, keep in mind that you have to tender to the island. This process takes from 15 - 30 minutes, depending on time of day and demand. At the drop-off point, there is a shopping market to walk around.

Cozumel (Wednesday, 8:00 am - 6:30 pm)
Excurisions offered by DCL for Cozumel are found at their website.

:fish: Fish Extender/Secret Mickey Fun :mickeyjum

Read up on the latest details from our organizing leader, Drea (anewmac) at her latest posting. This includes info on how to sign up and a request for your input on what we are going to do!

Sign-Up Cutoff Dates
Fish Extenders: Cut off date is July 14th.
Secret Mickey: Cut off date was June 30th. Those who signed up will receive profile surveys shortly.

For the most current list of participants, visit Post #2021.

You can also keep up with chit chat on our FE Forum within our website. Don't forget that if you have friends and/or extended family who want to participate along with you, make sure you pass that info onto Drea as well.

think.gif
Question of the Week

Get to know your fellow DDD cast members a little more by reading the "Question of the Week" and see their enlightening and/or interesting responses! The links take you to the first page where the question was posted so you can follow the replies page-by-page. Enjoy!

:magnify: DIS Kids' Scavenger Hunt

The response for our very own DIS Kids' Scavenger Hunt has been great! There is one age group in the Disney Kid's Club onboard that does a scavenger hunt already, but Heather (CrazyZeus1) thought this would be fun for our group to do on our own!

Here are some of the details:

• Some challenges will be actual things to collect, others will be a task to complete.
  • Shortly before the cruise, Heather will post the on-ship meeting day/time/location for passing out the Scavenger Hunt list on both the DISboards as well as our own website, DisDoubleDip.
  • Families/teams will meet at the designated location to receive the Scavenger Hunt list from Heather.
  • We encourage this to be a family activity, or if your kids are old enough, it will be fine for them to do alone.
  • To encourage sibling cooperation (ha!), players will receive extra points for working together...whether it's with a parent, sibling, cousin, whatever!
  • There will be no end time for the hunt.
  • Once your "team" has completed your list, you can put your checked off list inside Heather's Fish Extender (her stateroom number will be provided).
  • Heather will drop off the prize at your stateroom later that day!
  • A few "extra special" prizes will be awarded...such as the first team to complete the hunt, and some other creative prizes in the works. Just know that all participants who complete the hunt sometime before the last night will receive a little "prize" for playing.
To see the current list of Scavenger Hunt participants, check out Post #1854.

PENGUIN%20IN%20TOP%20HAT.gif
Dining Rotations: Dress Attire and Restaurants

Thank you, cyndifan, for calling Disney and getting the official word that the dining dress rotation will follow the standard 7 night Western schedule, which is as follows:

Casual Nights: 1 (Saturday), 2 (Sunday), 4 (Tuesday), 7 (Friday)
Formal Night: 3 (Monday)
Semi-formal Night: 6 (Thursday)
Pirate Night: 5 (Wednesday)​

On June 18, Emilysmom called DCL and asked the DCL rep what the dining rotations will be for our cruise. She said that as of now they are listed as follows:

5:30 LAAPLAP
5:45 APPLAPL
6:00 PLLAPLA​
1.gif
Trip Reports

Check out pre-trip and post-trip reports from our fellow cruisers! You never know what you can learn about someone!! ;)

digging.gif
Geocaching

For those of you who just want to get the most out of your GPS, Erica (zweihund) did some homework to find some hidden treasures at Castaway Cay and Cozumel!

knock.gif
The "Treasure Map"

Are you wondering if you have DISer neighbors near your stateroom? Well, Stella (FinallyBoughtDVC) has kindly volunteered to put together deck plans showing where DISers are located, deck by deck!

If you would like to have your cabin noted on the "Treasure Map", please PM Stella with the following information:

• Stateroom Number
  • DIS Name
  • Names of those in the cabin (if desired)
  • Ages (if desired)
E-mail address to which the map can be emailed

She will continue to compile the list until late August so it is as updated as possible. Then she'll email the list out to those who have opted to be listed on the Treasure Map.

Are you ready to start the party?!
uowpartyrh7.gif

I pre-ordered the 2008 Passporter from Amazon, it was supposed to be available at the end of February. I just received an e-mail stating that the book will now be available sometime in April. There wasn't an explanation as to why. I'm not sure if this means that the book has been delayed or if Amazon will not receive shipments until then. Does anyone have any info regarding this? I don't know if I should cancel the order. Thanks

There is a delay in the publishing date. However, if you cut out the middle man (Amazon) and purchase it directly from Passporter's, you'll get it 2-3 weeks sooner. I already have myself on the pre-order list for the Deluxe Edition refill pages.

If you're not familiar with their site and store, there are ways to get a decent discount, too.

The Book: http://www.passporterstore.com/store/dcl2008.aspx

Discounts: http://www.passporterstore.com/store/discounts.aspx

Hello fellow chatty cruisers:) SO we are still 7 months out and already too long, eh? I wonder if we'll make it to a third thread by sail away?:rolleyes:

Just a couple of quick things:

Thanks to Tammie and Kimberly for getting us back up and running with POST 6 now conviently on page 1.

Videoman: The last I heard (but I could easily be misinformed) DCL no longer offeres unlinited internet. I was told the main reason for this is that too many people were getting together and splitting a package among several people:rotfl2:

Thanks for being on top of things this morning. We didn't get to sleep until almost 3AM, too excited to sleep. GO BIG BLUE.
Aunt Michele

Hi everybody. I am new to this thead, but not to Disney World or DCL. My family will be cruising with you. :cool1: I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing a shuttle from the airport to the cruise on Saturday morning. I was looking at some shuttle sites and it looks like you can get some great discounts if you have a group. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I will try to organize this.

Hi everybody. I am new to this thead, but not to Disney World or DCL. My family will be cruising with you. :cool1: I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing a shuttle from the airport to the cruise on Saturday morning. I was looking at some shuttle sites and it looks like you can get some great discounts if you have a group. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I will try to organize this.

Hello, Bunny! Great to see you posting!! In case you forgot, I have you all your info down for your family of four in our database already, so no need to read Post #6 and resubmit, unless there's more that you want to share!

Personally, I will be staying in Cape Canaveral Friday night, but I think it sounds like a nice idea. Maybe based on flight arrival times, this will be a good option for many.

Hope you see you around our thread more! :goodvibes

Hey Gang.

Last time we were in Cozumel we went to Nachi Cocom.
We loved it.

If anyone has any questions about the place I have lots of details.

We may skip it this time as we have 2 beach days at the most perfect place. Castaway Cay.

This will give me more time to explore the Habano House. :hippie:
Any other fellow Cigar Afficianado's on board?
We can have a meet at the Quiet Cove each nite. :yay:

Wow, we are a chatty bunch!! Thanks to Kimberly for posting our stats so quickly and thanks to Tammie for getting us going again!

Thanks for the offer bunny, but we are staying overnight at the MCO Hyatt and will be going on the DCL bus from there. :goodvibes

How much are the DCL one way transfers? Did you book the Hyatt yourself or through DCL?

My heart SANK when I read our thread was closed. But I should have known better...there's another one already! Thanks for being on the ball :)

Internet: The last time we were on the ship (October) unlimited internet wasn't offered. Maybe I was wrong....but I think we would have gone that route if given the chance...

Have a great day! For all you snow bunnies, we're at 82 today, with a low tomorrow night of 32~ Like they say in Texas, if you don't like the weather, wait until tomorrow...it will change!

How much are the DCL one way transfers? Did you book the Hyatt yourself or through DCL?

We booked the Hyatt ourselves (got the senior rate since we are traveling with my parents).

I am not sure how much the DCL transfers are. Last year we used FLTours from the Grand Floridian to port and it was cheaper than DCL but that was so that we could get to port earlier to meet friends of ours.

Hello fellow chatty cruisers:) SO we are still 7 months out and already too long, eh? I wonder if we'll make it to a third thread by sail away?:rolleyes:

Just a couple of quick things:

Thanks to Tammie and Kimberly for getting us back up and running with POST 6 now conviently on page 1.

Videoman: The last I heard (but I could easily be misinformed) DCL no longer offeres unlinited internet. I was told the main reason for this is that too many people were getting together and splitting a package among several people:rotfl2:

Boy. I getting shot down with my past practices:mad:
I'm still looking into having the liquor delivered to the ship. Heard back from the store and they told me check w/ DCL as alot of new rules & regulations have gone into affect since 2006:eek:

charlie:woohoo:

This is the email from the web site:

You need to check with the Disney Cruise Ship—things have changed and sometimes ships do not accept deliveries. Let them know you want to order wines or spirits from us and find out their receiving rules—what’s allowed, what’s not allowed- before placing your order. Thank you,

Boy. I getting shot down with my past practices:mad:
I'm still looking into having the liquor delivered to the ship. Heard back from the store and they told me check w/ DCL as alot of new rules & regulations have gone into affect since 2006:eek:

Charlie: PLEASE know that I was not meaning to insult you at all. I was only :rotfl2: at the irony of the reason I was told the unlimited internet is no longer available being was very same thing you posted thinking of doing. I did not mean to insult you in any way:flower3:

Charlie: PLEASE know that I was not meaning to insult you at all. I was only :rotfl2: at the irony of the reason I was told the unlimited internet is no longer available being was very same thing you posted thinking of doing. I did not mean to insult you in any way:flower3:

No insult taken:thumbsup2

I'll just take a cocktail on Castaway Cay:drinking1

Of course I'll return the favor:love2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter