Doodlebug25413 Escape Wedding 4/11/16- PICTURE HEAVY POSTS!!

Your dress is beautiful! Oddly enough, your #2 contender is the same as my #2 contender! :lmao:

I'm with the others about not really being able to risk it regarding construction at WL. I hope you guys get it sorted out!

hahahaha that's too funny!

I just got back and you have done so many updates!!! I just caught up on everything and it all looks AMAZING! First off I love your something pretty!! Your ring looks so amazing! and getting it on sale can't beat that! :goodvibes and good luck on getting outside photography I really recommend that you bring someone that will make such a huge difference with the experience I loved having a photographer and being able to capture so many extra memories! And your dress OMG how beautiful I love it said:
Glad to see you're back!! Can't wait to see your pics & recaps!!

Only another week & I get my ring!!
I am glad I took your advice & brought someone with me. It was fun & my girlfriend was picking out dresses that were more princess-like, instead of some of the plainer ones I had been picking.

Hubby's boots finally came in, and they do look so much better then the other ones. He comes home this weekend, and will be here for about a month & 1/2 because his new job is local!! I'm so happy!!
So the only concern we have with his boots is if they fit right. Which I am crossing my fingers they do.

Im sure they will fit good!! If they don't will they let you return? and only one week yey!!:p I think that is always the hardest being separated from your ring for a long time! and glad you had fun brining someone to go dress shopping and it was such a positive experience!

Oh yea. The lady at the boot store is super sweet. And she understands the whole boot & cowboys thing. They're pickier then us ladies. ha ha

Kevin is actually on his way home tonight! But since it's a long drive, I might not see him until early tomorrow morning. Which is ok. At least I know he's coming home!

Going to make my 1st Etsy purchase today too. I'm going to have a handkerchief made for my Godmother (another bride on here used her, I just can't remember who, but she gave great reviews).
And I'm going to order my Godmother & Best friends gifts. And if I feel fruity enough, the DVC villa. I think I'm going to book 2 nights at another resort for just Kevin & I, since my Godmother will be staying with us at the villa. She is insisting we have our honeymoon night. So I figured since the wedding will be on a Monday, then Sun for us to get ready in & not have to rush around we will already be there & then Mon night for our "moon" LOL

She's also loving the fact that the wedding is going to be during Flower & Garden, which she loves gardening. And she loves loves loves the Canada pavillion & gardens. I'm still torn on which one I'm doing. But I have a little bit of time.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm so glad you guys get to spend some time together!

I've never bought anything off of Etsy, but I've come close. Your plan for the hotel room sounds good :)

Well, Kevin came in 1/2 a day early! Today we spent the whole day at the mall-- exchanged the wedding clothes I bought him as the vest was too small & the striped tie he didn't like. And the jeans. He HATED the jeans.
The boots fit, but are a bit snug, so he's going to have to get them stretched a little. (Thank God!) So, we got him new jeans that he likes, same vest that fits & a new tie. Want your opinions, which one do you like better?

The first is the original tie I picked out. The second is the new tie that we got. The 2nd one is a navy base color, it's not ombre, that's just the lighting. The paisley has hues of browns & beige's in it. I like both of them.

20150613_182838 (480x640).jpg 20150613_182948 (480x640).jpg

Here is what I'm thinking on having for our Memorial table. I haven't quite decided if I want to faux stain glass paint the glass panels a color or a crystalized clear paint or just have some flower petals inside.

20150609_204026 (480x640).jpg

I ordered 4 head pieces also. A comb, a tiara & 2 different headbands. Still haven't decided if I'm doing a veil yet or not.
I ordered my wedding day dress hanger, my Godmother & BFF's gifts & my Godmother's hankie.

Now my ordeal is trying to find a clutch to carry a few essentials (like my phone) for the wedding day & also our special dinner.

And checked at the jewelry store, my ring isn't in yet. And the stupid sales lady almost blew Kevin's surprise! OMG seriously lady! >:(

I like both ties as well, but think I'm just a little partial to the first one (the original). There were some pretty clutches at David's Bridal, but I ended up getting mine for much, much less money at Charming Charlie's. I might look around soon if you can, since it's the end of prom season/currently wedding season. Might be some nice variety. :thumbsup2 They have some nice ones on Etsy, too!

I love the memorial lighthouse. I think some flower petals inside would be beautiful!

Kevin seems to like the 1st tie better. (shocker!) Thanks for the input on the clutches. I'll check them out!

David's Bridal I found to have been a bit pricey on a lot of things regarding accessories.

And SERIOUSLY! The Yacht Club is about to under go refurb in the fall??!! Disney is TRYING to make me do the Canada Pavilion isn't it??!! I think they should open up Commander's Terrace or the Attic as an alternative to the Escape locations. I have 3 more weeks before I can make my pencil call in.

Last edited:
QUOTE="Doodlebug25413, post: 53840351, member: 543805"]Oh yea. The lady at the boot store is super sweet. And she understands the whole boot & cowboys thing. They're pickier then us ladies. ha ha

Kevin is actually on his way home tonight! But since it's a long drive, I might not see him until early tomorrow morning. Which is ok. At least I know he's coming home!

Going to make my 1st Etsy purchase today too. I'm going to have a handkerchief made for my Godmother (another bride on here used her, I just can't remember who, but she gave great reviews).
And I'm going to order my Godmother & Best friends gifts. And if I feel fruity enough, the DVC villa. I think I'm going to book 2 nights at another resort for just Kevin & I, since my Godmother will be staying with us at the villa. She is insisting we have our honeymoon night. So I figured since the wedding will be on a Monday, then Sun for us to get ready in & not have to rush around we will already be there & then Mon night for our "moon" LOL

She's also loving the fact that the wedding is going to be during Flower & Garden, which she loves gardening. And she loves loves loves the Canada pavillion & gardens. I'm still torn on which one I'm doing. But I have a little bit of time.[ QUOTE]

Boys can be so much pickier with certain things but that is so great that she is understanding! and yey that he came home early that's always the best! any you are going to get so addicted to Etsy! I was on that site every day the last few months! and I love those handkerchiefs they are really cute and I say get the DVC villa if you can that would be amazing! and I am sure you will make the right choice on venue and at least now you have a theme that will help direct things! Can't wait to hear more!

QUOTE="Doodlebug25413, post: 53840351, member: 543805"]Oh yea. The lady at the boot store is super sweet. And she understands the whole boot & cowboys thing. They're pickier then us ladies. ha ha

She's also loving the fact that the wedding is going to be during Flower & Garden, which she loves gardening. And she loves loves loves the Canada pavillion & gardens. I'm still torn on which one I'm doing. But I have a little bit of time.[ QUOTE]

Boys can be so much pickier with certain things but that is so great that she is understanding! and yey that he came home early that's always the best! any you are going to get so addicted to Etsy! I was on that site every day the last few months! and I love those handkerchiefs they are really cute and I say get the DVC villa if you can that would be amazing! and I am sure you will make the right choice on venue and at least now you have a theme that will help direct things! Can't wait to hear more!

MAJOR UPDATE!!

WE GOT OUR DVC 1 BEDROOM SECURED!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I chose to do Bay Lake Towers only because of the baby being with us, and more then likely we will be spending more time at Magic Kingdom. Plus it's on the monorail. Easy on & off, especially with a stroller.
I am so stinking excited!! I want to scream for joy but the baby is asleep right now hahaha

Everything is starting to come together. YAY!!
I only have 3 more weeks until I can pencil in the date with DFTW. So once that hurdle is over, I can start to relax a little. LOL (yea right!)

Yay so glad some of your plans are falling into place... But bummer on the construction updates! I'm sure everything will work out exactly how it's meant to though.
Did you go through SweetSewingJeans on Etsy? That's who I used and they came out AMAZING!

Yay :cool1:, I am so happy you got the DVC Villa at Bay lake Tower. It will make it so easy with the baby.
I like both ties, they are both very nice with the vest. Let your husband choose the one he likes. If he Prefers the first, then do that.
The lighthouse lantern is so cute. Is this a sign of where you will have your ceremony? ;)

Yay so glad some of your plans are falling into place... But bummer on the construction updates! I'm sure everything will work out exactly how it's meant to though.
Did you go through SweetSewingJeans on Etsy? That's who I used and they came out AMAZING!

Yes ma'm! You're the culprit! LOL Etsy is amazing. I could spend a fortune there. And she was wonderful to work with. Thanks!!
Yea construction bummers. But what can you do right? So I'm going to go with the flow. Just wish Disney would open up other alternatives when they have to pull out their locations due to construction. It almost leaves everything limited, even more limited then it already is to a point.

Yay :cool1:, I am so happy you got the DVC Villa at Bay lake Tower. It will make it so easy with the baby.
I like both ties, they are both very nice with the vest. Let your husband choose the one he likes. If he Prefers the first, then do that.
The lighthouse lantern is so cute. Is this a sign of where you will have your ceremony? ;)

Maybe?? I dunno. LOL And even though it's not our "theme" the Gazebo is still beautiful. I'm not so much worried on a theme at this point. I just want everything to be beautiful.
The lighthouse is what was used as my mother's memorial cards. And when I looked it up, lighthouses are a symbol of eternal light in the darkness. So I thought it ironic.
Yea I think I am going to let him pick the ties. I like both.

Maybe?? I dunno. LOL And even though it's not our "theme" the Gazebo is still beautiful. I'm not so much worried on a theme at this point. I just want everything to be beautiful.
The lighthouse is what was used as my mother's memorial cards. And when I looked it up, lighthouses are a symbol of eternal light in the darkness. So I thought it ironic.
Yea I think I am going to let him pick the ties. I like both.[/QUOTE]

No matter where you pick it will be a beautiful ceremony. I was just joking about the lighthouse. Maybe it is a sign;).
Oh, that is so beautiful about the lighthouse being a symbol of eternal light. I have to remember that for the future.

So I finally picked up my beautiful ring. A week late as all 3 of us have been sick with this wretched flu bug. OMG it's been awful & it's one that lingers afterwards. YUCK!
Use that hand sanitizer ladies!

3 of my head pieces that I've ordered to try have come in. 1 headband I had to return because it arrived broken. And after seeing it, it's too small I think. And pretty cheap looking too. So money back there.
I have a small tiara comb that I kinda like and the other headband I ordered I like, but need to see all of them with my gown on. So the other tiara comb I'm waiting on to come in. So I'll take all 3 with me when I go get my dress when it arrives.

I ordered Kevin's Donald Duck cuff links, my lacy boot socks, my mother's memorial charm for my bouquet.

Now I'm debating on taking Kevin's ring back & getting him a watch. He was eyeballing one at the jewelry store when we were there the last time. It's about the same price. And honestly, the ring was a splurge buy. He won't wear it really I don't think. He's not a fancy guy. And he doesn't wear his ring to work for safety reasons. I just don't want to spend a lot of money on something that I know he's not going to wear. The watch I know he will wear when he's not working. I have 3 weeks to think about it before the order arrives.

Today is Hobby Lobby & JoAnn's & Michael's day after the boogerbutt wakes up from his nap. I am going to try an attempt at making my own invitations (only need like 5) and seeing if I can find anything on sale in the bridal area. Plus see if I can get some gift boxes & stuff for my Godmother's & best friends gifts.

My bestie leaves for Florida forever on Friday. I just hope I get a chance to see her before she leaves. I've made her a few things for her new house. I can't wait until I can come visit her & see it! I'm so excited for her.

Where did you find Donald Duck cuff links?! How did I not know this was a thing? LOL!

Hope you're all over the flu bug now. No bueno.

Yeah, I'm curious to know about the Donald cuff links as well!

You know about the coupons for Joann and Michael's, right? They're usually good ones, and almost always useable on bridal stuff. Michael's has an app, but Joann usually needs to be printed. Some of the stores can scan from your phone.

Oh yea I know about the coupons. Love those things. LOL I'm actually going to start saving those as I'm going to be painting my BFF's little girls name letters for her room. And then do an overlay of scrapbook papers & embellishment's for her new room. And unfortunately, looks like I'm not going to be able to see my bestie before she rides off to the Sunshine state. Guess I'm planning a trip!!
And my gown is in!! I'm going to attempt to go pick it up tomorrow.

Cuff links I got off of Amazon. I know I could have purchased them cheaper elsewhere I'm sure. I had to place an order anyways. I'm waiting for them to come in. I'll let you know what kind of quality they are. I got the boot socks in today. They are so super cute! And lightweight, so my feet won't get too hot.

Ok, so, we did a little shopping at Hobby Lobby. And here is what I ended up making for invitation ideas.

Idea #1:

20150624_151403 (640x480).jpg This is the inside. Wording is in a medium gray with our names in a Purple.
It says:
"Once in awhile right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairy tale...
In the spirit of the magic that brought us together, we,
Kelly & Kevin Rickard
Invite you to join us for our fairy tale wedding & the
Reaffirmation of our "happily ever after"
On the eleventh of April
Two thousand sixteen
At two o'clock in the evening
The Yacht Club Wedding Gazebo
Walt Disney World Resort
Lake Buena Vista, Florida"

20150624_151458 (480x640).jpg The outside.

Here is Idea #2:

20150624_155237 (480x640).jpg Not in a folder, just single by itself. It's in a black color instead of the gray. Yes, I printed it off & my cuts are sloppy, but it's just a tester to get an idea.

Of course the wording is going to change once I can confirm with DFTW the actual date, time & location. But wording I pulled from various other invitations that I've seen, where I've liked certain phrases.
I'm only making 5 of these, mainly for memento's for those that are coming. I didn't want to buy a whole packet or order any when I know I can do it myself really.

So thoughts?? tips? hints? ideas?

I really like the number one protype its very elegant and looks fairytaleish I don't think thats a word but you catch my meaning! Hobby Lobby can be so addicting glad you were able to find what you needed! Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter