Don't make my mistake!

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
I did as all of you suggested and make a ressie for the new Royal Pacific for Nov. requesting an Entertainment rate. Got pool view with king bed for $109/night which I thought to be a pretty good rate. Immediately logged on to Entertainment.com to order the Entertainment book. Lo and behold, the book arrived yesterday in the mail. But to my disappointment the card inside expires Nov. 1. This won't do me any good! So the book goes back. I'll reorder closer to time. Seems all the cards expire Nov. 1. I thought ordering a 2002 book would cover all of 2002!:(

I did the same thing last year for our trip in December! I returned it and then bought another one much closer to our vacation for 2002.

Luckily, I'm using my Fan Club card this year or else I'd be in the same boat. Our next trip is Nov 1 and 2!

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I have reservations at RP for Oct 31 & Nov 1st booked under the ent rate. I was going to buy the book today because it states it is good UNTIL Nov 2nd.
Now I'm not sure. Loews say I should be ok because it is booked under the ent rate but that really doesn't reassure me that we won't end up paying an extra $100 for the one night. The rep at Entertainment said it actually expires at midnight on Nov 1st and that RP should honor it. All my luck, that my dates have to be so close. Do you think they'll give me a problem or will I be ok? When does the 2003 book come out?

We got our entertainment books in September last year. My son's football team sold them in August (We did have a sample book then) So maybe they're available in August.

I emailed them at Entertainment and asked when the new book would be out and they sent me an email back within an hour telling me that depending on where you live(or what book you are ordering) they will be out in September. As long as your entertainment card is good when you check in you should be fine.
I think this is the weirdest way to do their books. They shgould be good until Dec 31. BTW-the Vermont book is good until December 2, 2002 for some reason, so if you really get into a pinch, you could get that even if it's only for the hotel discount.

I agree, what a wierd way to set it up, from Nov to Nov. The lady at Loews also told me that it would be ok but you never know, the way my luck has been going they would fight me on it. That's a good idea about the Vermont book but there are so many coupons in my local book that we could use all summer.
Just one more decision I have to make.

I just purchased my book about a month ago too. I just assumed it was good all of 2002. We are going the first week of November, but are switching hotels, Dolphin, HRH, and then RP. I have already ripped out a coupon. I guess that I will have to buy a new book! I am so mad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter