• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Don't buy cold food/AoA

wondering if the OP thinks every single one of the thousands of little refridgerators on site are operating exactly the same at all times? :tigger:

Maybe yes, maybe no. But honestly, this is an ongoing problem at the Disney resorts. Unless you keep the cabinet door ajar, the fridge stays warm. If you keep the door closed, the poor thing runs constantly and so they always seem to be broken.

Maybe yes, maybe no. But honestly, this is an ongoing problem at the Disney resorts. Unless you keep the cabinet door ajar, the fridge stays warm. If you keep the door closed, the poor thing runs constantly and so they always seem to be broken.

It isn't just a Disney Resort problem is why I said that. Small mini fridges all over the globe just aren't that reliable on the whole. Some people turn them up where they actually freeze up. Some aren't used for long periods of time. Those two scenarios are just not good on any refridgerator.

We've stayed at three different Disney resorts, never had a problem with our fridge. It's always kept our drinks and milk nice and cold.

We've stayed at three different Disney resorts, never had a problem with our fridge. It's always kept our drinks and milk nice and cold.
I have stayed in at least three that did. I had been instructed to leave the cabinet door ajar.

We noticed that a few trips ago. Our water was just cool. My DH took the fridge out of it's shut door container and noticed it was too warm??/no air flow.

So he kept it out next to the couch/dresser and that was he first thing he did our next trip and he took my sisters out. Never had a problem since then as it had air flow.

And yes he puts them back when we leave.

Somewhat off topic, but when we were there in March at Coronado Springs it seemed like the batteries in the tv remote were dying. The next day before we left for the parks, we left a note that it needed new batteries and put it with the remote. Got home that night and went to use remote and still no luck. Went to see if batteries were new and it was a different remote where the battery cover was barely held on by a crumpled pieced of scotch tape (looked reused from being stuck on something else and just handy). Well it was already midnight and we called "housekeeping" and in 15 minutes a woman that looked to be management (not in housekeeping uniform, but dress clothes) came with batteries and different remotes. Turns out housekeeping kept all the remotes from the old tvs and just use those as replacements instead of replacing batteries.

Long story but point is....we called and had prompt service resolve the issue.

There should be another department "front desk guest relations" or something onsite but in a separate room from those doing check ins. They would have all the pertinent info and appropriate contacts on how to resolve the issues. Also, a manager would be available if calls needed to be escalated.
It wouldn't be at all efficient to have 23 different locations doing exactly the same work.

No resort is designed with such a space.

Somewhat off topic, but when we were there in March at Coronado Springs it seemed like the batteries in the tv remote were dying. The next day before we left for the parks, we left a note that it needed new batteries and put it with the remote. Got home that night and went to use remote and still no luck. Went to see if batteries were new and it was a different remote where the battery cover was barely held on by a crumpled pieced of scotch tape (looked reused from being stuck on something else and just handy). Well it was already midnight and we called "housekeeping" and in 15 minutes a woman that looked to be management (not in housekeeping uniform, but dress clothes) came with batteries and different remotes. Turns out housekeeping kept all the remotes from the old tvs and just use those as replacements instead of replacing batteries.

Long story but point is....we called and had prompt service resolve the issue.

Seriously? That is the one weird complaint I had about our time at CSR. I could hardly get the TV to work and this was when we were basically confined to the room because of Hurricane Matthew. I could hardly change the channel. I'll be on the lookout for that next time.

It isn't just the phone CMs. I can't tell you how many times I would say oh the Hub says XYZ is changing next week and people would go huh why did you look that up. I would say I didn't it was jut right there on the need to know info section that we are suppose to read before we go onstage.

I used to work as a retail manager. In the past I would have employees who just would not care to know the information I gave them and would forget it right away (obviously said employees did not last very long). I could tell them in person, give them a handout with the information, and have additional handouts taped up at the registers and they would STILL act like they had no idea. Some people just don't seem to care.

Also, I would hate for the front desk CMs to also have to field phone calls. I want their attention on me when I am standing in front of them and I don't want to wait longer in line then I have to. Does Disney need to do something with the problems when you call? Yes, but the answer is not to add to the work load of the Front Desk.

I used to work as a retail manager. In the past I would have employees who just would not care to know the information I gave them and would forget it right away (obviously said employees did not last very long). I could tell them in person, give them a handout with the information, and have additional handouts taped up at the registers and they would STILL act like they had no idea. Some people just don't seem to care.

Also, I would hate for the front desk CMs to also have to field phone calls. I want their attention on me when I am standing in front of them and I don't want to wait longer in line then I have to. Does Disney need to do something with the problems when you call? Yes, but the answer is not to add to the work load of the Front Desk.

It is so true you can give people info, but if they don't want to know it, you can't force them. Just look at how many people don't read the park maps, or the info on line when you make ADRs.

I don't think they need to add to the work load of the front desk per sea but they could have a couple CMs at each hotel that answer the phone when you press front desk. That's what other hotels do. So that way instead of your hotel based problem going to someone in Kissimmi it is going to someone physically on the hotel grounds. With the prices Disney charges for their nightly rates especially at Deluxes I expect my problem to be handled right away.

Since we have groceries delivered and the drinks are usually not chilled, I will adjust the temperature first and then I fill a ziploc bag up with ice and put it near the drinks to help cool everything down quicker, and we keep the cabinet open.

I don't think they need to add to the work load of the front desk per sea but they could have a couple CMs at each hotel that answer the phone when you press front desk. That's what other hotels do. So that way instead of your hotel based problem going to someone in Kissimmi it is going to someone physically on the hotel grounds. With the prices Disney charges for their nightly rates especially at Deluxes I expect my problem to be handled right away.

Other hotels are stand-alone properties. It just wouldn't be the best use of resources. You'd need way more than a couple of people at each resort. 154 hours per week, some resorts have upwards of 2,000 rooms, you need to create 23+ such physical locations.

No, the call center is fine. What needs drastic improvement is the communication.

We had the same problem over at All-Star Sports.;):)

27740674594_104c4b9788_c.jpg

Ha ha ha! Now that's cold! Thanks for the visual!

We noticed that a few trips ago. Our water was just cool. My DH took the fridge out of it's shut door container and noticed it was too warm??/no air flow.

So he kept it out next to the couch/dresser and that was he first thing he did our next trip and he took my sisters out. Never had a problem since then as it had air flow.

And yes he puts them back when we leave.

I was thinking just that. Why not just pull the thing out of the cabinet if that's the problem. Thanks for sharing your experience. I think that's what I'll do!

We order beer and such from GG. They have Styrofoam cooler for 8 bucks. Fill it with ice and then all our beer is cold. Yes, we order a lot.

Isn't there a housekeeping/maintenance button on the phone in addition to the front desk button? I seem to recall using that when I had a broken microwave at BCV a while back. It looked like someone had been swinging on the door - the handle was broken and the door didn't fit properly anymore. They came within an hour with a whole new microwave and replaced it.

Personally, I don't think that the front desk CMs should be answering guest calls. Way too distracting. Do you want to wait in even longer lines while CMs answer the phone all day and deal with room issues? Wouldn't you want the CMs undivided attention when you finally reach the desk?

Do I think calls made from onsite hotel rooms should make its way to someone on site? YES!

There should be another department "front desk guest relations" or something onsite but in a separate room from those doing check ins. They would have all the pertinent info and appropriate contacts on how to resolve the issues. Also, a manager would be available if calls needed to be escalated.

Just my two cents.

My sister worked for years in just this job for Westin Hotels the position is called Service Express Coordinator. If you wanted to do anything from get housekeeping, order room service, report a maintenance issue, you spoke with her or one of her colleagues. They were located in a back room near the front desk and at busy times could assist the front desk staff. When you call the hotel directly (ie not the call centre) you talked to her then too. She can still rhyme off their alphabetized beer menu and the direct route from the airport to the hotel years later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter