*Done! Booked!* (HELP me! Need hotel in San Diego for family of 4-2 teens included)

yupikgal

DIS Veteran
We're heading to Southern California next month, and I'm driving myself nuts trying to find the "perfect" hotel in San Diego. We are only going to be there for 3 nights! I have my Anaheim hotel booked, but can't seem to decide on the S.D. one.

I've already booked at these 3 hotels: BW Island Palms on Shelter Island, Doubletree Mission Valley (stayed here before and liked it) and just a few minutes ago at the Hampton Inn downtown (right near the trolley) But I need to buckle down and figure out which one is best! Maybe there is something out there that is better? I didn't want to rent a car if we can help it. We want to go to Seaworld, do the Old Town Trolley tour (Coronado, Old Town, some museums at Balboa Park) and maybe Seaport Village if we are close enough.

We are driving down on Amtrak from Anaheim and will get there in the morning. So either the hotel ideally will have a shuttle or we can get to it fairly quickly with a cab. I would love to have either a mini suite or 2 queen beds, but our teens are a girl and boy, so they would probably prefer to sleep separately. I like breakfast included if possible, or inexpensive meals within walking distance. Ok, there. Hopefully someone can help! Thanks in advance...

Kelly :worship:

2 weeks ago we stayed at the Vagabond @ hotel circle. I had two 12 yr olds. Loved it, great price, easy to get to, clean.
2 queen beds, fridge, microwave. 2 pools, 1 opened late.

Thanks for your suggestion, but we've decided to stay at the BW Island Palms, and it has to do with their 800# messing up the reservation! I had originally made the res for later dates, then changed them about 3 days later, and even if they sent me an email confirmation, apparently the hotel itself didn't get it, so therefore the reservation was null. I spoke with the manager, who graciously offered 2 double queen bed rooms since there wasn't any suite rooms like we originally wanted, so now my husband and I as well as our kids will have our own rooms! The best part is, we pay the same price we would have paid for one room! I am looking forward to our trip now more than ever...it sounds like a very relaxing and secluded property, I decided we will have the Old Town Trolley tour pick us up one day, and the other 1-2 days we can rent a car! I'm so excited now!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter