Dog fencing for campsite

We usually tell our dog to eat the little yippee dogs...... lol....they aren't real pets anyway. Minnie, I'd buy the fence and enjoy camping, don't listen to the wet blanket.

Pirate Jeff is the coolest camper in Delaware, and anywhere...... Poland Spring special delivery, not withstanding.

Pirate Jeff is the coolest camper in Delaware, and anywhere...... Poland Spring special delivery, not withstanding.

I'm just curious about what type of motorhome Pirate Jeff has. In the picture, it looks just like our 2006 Fleetwood Providence. Jeff, is that what you have??? It will be really funny if it is because the guy that we bought ours from was named Jeff.

My dog is trained better than most. She is better than most of the kids we see. She doesn't bark unless there is a knock at the door than it's just 1 bark, She doesn't run at people or get excited by any passing dog. The invisible fence wire is mainly used at our home campsite (which I own) Sometimes I do take it with me to other campsites but it is used as a safety boundary if she gets let out accidentally by someone else (our 4 and 6 year old nieces sometimes forget to close the door). As far as the twist spike and cable when she is on it she is supervised by us sitting on the patio mat with her. She wouldn't leave the mat if I tell here to stay on the mat for any reason. The cable is for the piece of mind of other guests. No one has ever had a complaint about any of my dogs anywhere we have stayed. Most people that see her say that they wish their dogs or kids listened as well as she does.

LarryJ--here is the question that was asked:

We are looking for some type of fencing to put out that can surround the area under our awning so that our dog can be outside with us without a leash. The key words are " under the awning" and "outside with us"

Fair enough and I understand how you might have thought you were responding, but a lot of folks take a simple post and expand it far beyond the restrictive confines of the OP. I was just sort of summing up the entire issue of restraining your pets a FW. Last Oct I personally witnessede the howling beagle that was across from us being left unattended on a chain when the owner went over to their obvious friends in the next campsite. A girl like 6 or so was riding her bike and the dog lunged at her and she jerked away and fell off her bike. Yes the dog would have not gotten to her, but that was what happened and that should never be the case.

FWIW I haven't yet read the posts past the one I'm quoting and I'm not trying to be a hard nose or stone thrower, but quite frankly have see the control and management of pets at FW since they started allowing them to really go down hill and as I stated I think it's a real privilege to be able to have them with you for both them and you, but you have to compromise what you might normally do in different circumstances.

Larry

Camping World has 8 ft sections of fence (30 inches high) on sale for $45.00 a section until Aug 18th. I have a raincheck for 4 sections. The employee told us they have a hard time keeping them in stock. It seems they are very popular. I keep my boxer (she doesn't like fencing, prefers boxing) in a fence, hook her to the twisty tie thingy on her long leash or (wait for it) I even let her run loose in my screened in room! :scared1: I don't care if people want to camp beside me or not. If you don't like my dog move on to another site, just gives me a better view.

I'm sorry, but that last sentence is the type of inconsideration I'm talking about that in the context of this thread at FW is that you can't just MOVE. Besides you should not have to move. You are definitely on my not to camp even close to at WDW or for that fact even meet. Unbelievable post and attitude, but your true personality as it comes to being a considerate camper sort of sums it up in one sentence :scared1::eek:

Larry

I'm just curious about what type of motorhome Pirate Jeff has. In the picture, it looks just like our 2006 Fleetwood Providence. Jeff, is that what you have??? It will be really funny if it is because the guy that we bought ours from was named Jeff.

It a 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39L and we are still enjoying it.

Holly, i think you are looking for an x-pen (exercise). check out www.petedge.com . this is where i buy the majority of my dog stuff. they have excellent prices, good shipping and i haven't had any return problems.

you can buy an x-pen with 8-2' panels for about $30 (this is an old catalog i am looking at). extension panels are about $14 each. but, i would just buy a second x-pen for the price. they do link together. then you have to add s/h.

the other idea (which is what we did this weekend) is look for x pen on craigslist. i just bought a 42" (8 panel) for $15 and a 12 panel 2' for $30 off craigslist up here.

just check out petedge and see if that is what you want. then start searching. it may take a little while to find a used one (search all over your area). but, i think they have a hard time selling them because not everyone uses them.

clown_feet.jpg

Last edited by LarryJ; Today at 07:01 PM.

Last edited by LarryJ; Today at 06:56 PM.

Last edited by LarryJ; Yesterday at 07:50 PM.

Last edited by LarryJ; Yesterday at 07:47 PM.

Things that make you go hmmm.....popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

I'm sorry, but that last sentence is the type of inconsideration I'm talking about that in the context of this thread at FW is that you can't just MOVE. Besides you should not have to move. You are definitely on my not to camp even close to at WDW or for that fact even meet. Unbelievable post and attitude, but your true personality as it comes to being a considerate camper sort of sums it up in one sentence :scared1::eek:

Larry

Won't be the first time I have made someones list and probably won't be the last. Just don't ask for the 1700 loop and you will never have to worry about having to "just MOVE". As for my personality of not being a considerate camper I have been called worse by better.

We don't use any type of fencing we just let the dogs run they stay with in the first 18 sites. One day i will leash they but Why people love dogs

Won't be the first time I have made someones list and probably won't be the last. Just don't ask for the 1700 loop and you will never have to worry about having to "just MOVE". As for my personality of not being a considerate camper I have been called worse by better.

Gives new meaning to "If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch"

Nice to know that I can do anything I want on my site and expect others who dont like it to simply go away.

So, if I dont like what someone else is doing on their site, do they go away too?

But seriously, reasonably penned dogs, dogs in screen rooms, even excellently trained dogs under no restraint, no problem by me. Chasers, lunge-ers, howlers, different story. I'll ask nicely, once. Beyond that, expect visits by staff until the problem is corrected.

Nice to know that I can do anything I want on my site and expect others who dont like it to simply go away.

So, if I dont like what someone else is doing on their site, do they go away too?

But seriously, reasonably penned dogs, dogs in screen rooms, even excellently trained dogs under no restraint, no problem by me. Chasers, lunge-ers, howlers, different story. I'll ask nicely, once. Beyond that, expect visits by staff until the problem is corrected.

I didn't know the po po from the Polynesian had jurisdiction over at the fort.

I personally know the poster who quoted what you are ranting about and I know she has her dog on a leash at all times that is long enough for her to wander just about what site they paid for. In 6 years of going to the fort I've never seen a dog that was a problem except for one in a pop up a few months ago that the owner left. "Staff" as you call it came over, knocked on the doorand nobody answered and they left.

We spent most of the night with mrsgus and her dog was on the leash the whole time. As i have found if you don't like your neighbour just give it a few day they will be gone. unless it's Angie, then you might have to wait 6 months or so.

I didn't know the po po from the Polynesian had jurisdiction over at the fort.

I personally know the poster who quoted what you are ranting about and I know she has her dog on a leash at all times that is long enough for her to wander just about what site they paid for. In 6 years of going to the fort I've never seen a dog that was a problem except for one in a pop up a few months ago that the owner left. "Staff" as you call it came over, knocked on the doorand nobody answered and they left.

Who is ranting? I am just illustrating the silliness of the 'you dont like it - you move' attitude by taking its selfish air one step further, ie 'we dont like it - you move'

We all pay for our spots and should be able to expect an enjoyable stay.

Who is ranting? I am just illustrating the silliness of the 'you dont like it - you move' attitude by taking its selfish air one step further, ie 'we dont like it - you move'

We all pay for our spots and should be able to expect an enjoyable stay.

He was sticking up for Gussy. I was at her site last night and I have no problem with her dog either. She doesn't bark or bother anyone. If your dog is under control, there should be no problem, period.

popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter