Does Universal Studios offer a translation device?

tikilyn

DIS Veteran
Next May we are taking some family members from Mexico to Disney/Universal Studio. They do not speak English. Does Universal Studios offer a translation device like Disney does? And are they any good?

Next May we are taking some family members from Mexico to Disney/Universal Studio. They do not speak English. Does Universal Studios offer a translation device like Disney does? And are they any good?
I am not specifically aware of one - did not know of one at Disney - obviously many phones have them built in these days. I did see a demo of one being used in Thailand and it was very impressive. Those things always concern me that they can get the context wrong and someone might get angry.

I suspect you will not have a lot of issues with Spanish - on more than one occasion I observed folks trying to communicate and the Universal staff responded in Spanish without hesitation or grabbed another team member. YMMV but that seemed to be the case - no shortage of folks who can speak Spanish at Universal.

As another example - I took numerous Ubers and only one of the drivers spoke English as their primary language.
One spoke enough to get by and one was bi-lingual - the rest spoke little or no English.
I had no issues with any of them - I got where I was going.

I guess the issue comes down to what is the use case - if its just interacting with waitstaff etc.. I think you will be just fine

I was thinking more so for the rides and shows. Disney has what they call Ears around the world. They work on some rides and the shows. We don't need them for communication. I guess I should have made it more clear. LOL My bad.

Thanks for the info.

yeah Id call guest services and ask - but I dont think they have that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter