Does No Bag line save significant time?

Thank you, everyone, for the great information! The day that I was particularly interested in saving time was for EMH at AK (mid-July.) We don't have FP for FOP and want to be at rope drop and get to FOP as quickly as possible. I think going bagless that day sounds like it could be worth it?? I appreciate hearing all your experiences! Thank you!
The worse bag lines I've ever seen were at AK. Lines backed up all the way to the tram load areas. This was well before Pandora opened and was actually one of the final straws that sent me over to the no bag side. I would make every effort to go without if possible since you just don't know what you'll face till you get there

The worse bag lines I've ever seen were at AK. Lines backed up all the way to the tram load areas. This was well before Pandora opened and was actually one of the final straws that sent me over to the no bag side. I would make every effort to go without if possible since you just don't know what you'll face till you get there
Whoa! Decision made then! Bagless for AK for sure. I may like it so much I de-bag the rest of the week as well : )

O/T but @MrsDuck congrats on the new baby

Now back on topic yes I well be bringing a bag guilty as charge I am spoiled I don't get the concept of paying disney prices for a bottle of water when I can use my money to buy a dole whip or another Disney treat I can't find at home

We were last there before metal detectors, but I can attest that going bagless means less to deal with, end of story. Getting through security, if there is a No-Bags line, is ridiculously faster.

We use cargo shorts and minimalist packing. A little RFID-blocking pouch holds a DL, CC, enough cash to get us through the day should the MB system go down, and a reloadable Disney GC for keeping spending under control.

My cell phone goes in my pocket. His goes in his. He also gets to carry the charging stick(s) unless we'll be back in the room mid-day. He also carries the small bottle of sunscreen. If we're feeling particularly brave, each of us grabs a granola bar. We get water in cups in the parks and generally get our food from the parks.

That's all we carry, because anything more gets in our way. Granted, we don't have kids with us, so YMMV. The feasibility of this goes dramatically down once you have kiddos and they have needs. I would still make note of comfort stations and do everything possible to minimize carry in the parks. The more you carry, the more you have to figure out when it comes time to go on rides, wait for parades, or discombobulate/recombobulate and there's a real time-spend there.
That's really all we want to carry as well. This is our first trip since our kids grew up and we'll be with adults only, so that really is a game-changer. Sunscreen, granola bar, cell phone / extra battery and cash are my main needs. I'll probably carry a bottle of water. I won't have our ponchos but we usually take a hotel break around the time storms hit anyway.

I've always been bagless (some exceptions - like when I hosted a bachelorette party and had little gifts with me), as a hold over from childhood and a father who believed "we'll buy what we need there, we're not going on safari."

The no bag line saves some time every time to a larger or smaller degree. It saves me being annoyed and that's actually the bigger reason I avoid it at all costs. Some of my worst "taking a backpack to the face" or stroller hits have been in bagcheck lines.

Significant? Only if your idea of significant is 5 minutes. I'd much rather carry a bag and go without stuffing everything into my pockets. And then be worrying about something falling out, not to mention the uncomfortable feel of it.
I'm just not into wearing cargo shorts. Or handing my stuff to someone with cargo shorts.

We always do bagless and carry a few things in our pockets like hand sanitizer and chapstick. So much quicker! Although last trip we were at the poly headed to MK so it didn't make a difference.

Thank you, everyone, for the great information! The day that I was particularly interested in saving time was for EMH at AK (mid-July.) We don't have FP for FOP and want to be at rope drop and get to FOP as quickly as possible. I think going bagless that day sounds like it could be worth it?? I appreciate hearing all your experiences! Thank you!

Mind July at AK I'd be bringing sunscreen and water. That would not be a time to go bagless for me!

The more you carry, the more you have to figure out when it comes time to go on rides, wait for parades, or discombobulate/recombobulate and there's a real time-spend there.

I've never had to figure out anything about bags and rides at wdw. Uni yes, for a few rides, but not wdw (or Disneyland).

And I have more problems with parades etc etc if I don't bring my water and sunscreen!

Water is free at Disney.

Not *good* water. Not to me!

Mind July at AK I'd be bringing sunscreen and water. That would not be a time to go bagless for me!

I've never had to figure out anything about bags and rides at wdw. Uni yes, for a few rides, but not wdw (or Disneyland).

And I have more problems with parades etc etc if I don't bring my water and sunscreen!

Not *good* water. Not to me!
Yes, for sure bringing travel-size sunblocks in pocket! Was planning to bring/ buy bottles of water.

May try folding up a very small vinyl cinch bag and stashing that in husband's larger pocket, then using it to stash the few things we bring in. We also plan to leave AK after lunch for some resort time. Not having ponchos is my main concern but rain often doesn't start until afternoon anyway.

We just recently started going bagless and it is GREAT! I can tell you, you feel like a boss when you walk past everyone waiting in the bag line and go straight into the park. My DH generally carries his wallet with both our ID and AP cards and some cash. I bring my camera and we each carry our phones (maybe a charger). Not only is it nice to skip the bag line and most of the metal detectors, but it is so great not having to keep up with a bag all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter