Does it get cold?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
We are sailing in a few weeks on Eastern Caribbean. Wondering what to pack. Does it get cold at night on board?

It wouldn't hurt to bring something. Especially if you're on deck at night while sailing, it can get a little cool.

The Caribbean should be warm this time of year even at night. While it might be breezy up on deck I doubt it would be cold. You may be more chilly onboard with the A/C than the outside temps at night. I have cruised in all the months and even in January I wear Capris, sleeveless blouses, shorts, etc. Just bring some sort of sweater or wrap for the A/C if you tend to be cold.

MJ

"Cold", for me, is anything under 70 degrees. I'm probably not a good judge of "cold". That being said, I would highly doubt that the Caribbean, this time of year, would approach "cold"...even for me.

We are sailing in a few weeks on Eastern Caribbean. Wondering what to pack. Does it get cold at night on board?

It is unlikely to be cold, but when you are on deck and the ship is moving it can be breezy. As others have mentioned the indoor areas can be overly air-conditioned. I always take a sweater or light jacket on cruises, even in July.

At sea at night is always a bit cool, but you'll (literally) be in the tropics. Check the historical temperatures for St. Thomas this time of year. I have no doubt it will be colder in the Walt Disney Theater than on deck.

Last April I sailed W Caribbean and pirate night I was cold on deck. I'm sure the wind had something to do with it. I had packed a few wraps but that was it. Also one night watching funnel vision I was cold but they had blankets out.

The minute the sun goes down I am in a sweatshirt. The A/C can make it cold, and the wind on deck as well. I have sailed in late April/Early May, September, October and November. I usually pack a couple sweatshirts.

I am Floridian so I also think anything under 75 requires long sleeves

I am Floridian so I also think anything under 75 requires long sleeves

YIKES... LOL That is balmy to me. :) I am usually hot in 75 degree weather. It has be below 40 for me to be cold and that is a maybe. I am more worried about the wind being chilly. That adds a different element. Not to mention my teenage boys wore shorts to school today and it's 15 degrees out. LOL.

We cruised on the Fantasy last September. Our formal night was in EG and it was cold, even with my jacket on. Later in the cruise we visited the pub and it was so cold we left without ordering anything. I had a light jacket in the pub and it wasn't enough for me.

Hopefully, it will be warmer on the Dream later this year.

We've had a pretty cold Pirate Party in April 2017. It wouldn't hurt to bring a little windbreaker just in case.

I'm from Chicago, so I'm not a wimp about cold. But there were a couple of nights on each of our March fantasy cruises where it was cold on deck - wind, water, etc. - at night. And it's always way too cold in the MDRs and theaters. So I would definitely recommend packing a light sweater or windbreaker.
My kids, however, never bothered with anything other than shorts / sundresses.

It can get chilly/windy when you are watching the shows/fireworks on upper decks. I was fine in tshirt and shorts, but my brother-in-law needed pants and a hoodie to handle it.

We've cruised 3 times in late December and early January, and it was very warm during the day each time. Nights were cooler, but not too cool to ride the Aqua Duck (though it did feel chilly getting out). Didn't need warm clothing inside at all, unless air conditioning makes you want to wear a sweater or wrap. So it could be cool at night, but we were never truly cold on the cruise. I don't think it ever went below 60 degrees even at night.

We did the eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy in June and we were all freezing in the theatres and dining rooms. They crank up the AC. Some people we saw actually brought a blanket to the evening show. My recommendation would be bring a few sweaters for indoor areas.

It may not get cold outside, but I always bring a sweater or hoodie to wear inside as some of the spaces on the ship can be kept pretty cold. I nearly froze in the MDRs and Azure on my last cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter