Does everyone know your name??? 18 nights at RPR & HHN....A 2016 Trip Report......

Great pics Carole. I love PBH. It's my favorite place to stay at Universal.

Thanks Robo.........it is lovely......we always go for Sal's Pizza, the other eateries we didn't enjoy at all........but the pizza is wonderful.

I do like the lobby area too, very relaxing place to be.

Glad you're still reading along........:)

WEDNESDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER

This could be a very busy picture day........

Woke up bright and early around 6.30 this morning........took our time and slowly got ready today as we had plenty of time this morning.........showered and got dressed then saw it was Kyle`s lunch time so got the Skype on.......he answered straight away........we were missing him.......although we honestly were having the best time, but still wished he was there.....we chatted for ages till he had to go and we got hungry........said our goodbyes and went up for breakfast......we just had our usual mix of meats, fruit, mini donuts and coffee. We enjoy the coffee a lot in here, not too strong. Chat a little to staff and then go put sunscreen on........housekeeping has just arrived, so we ask her can we have 5 minutes to put it on then we`ll be gone......she says of course. I always feel bad disturbing housekeeping but we were only a couple of minutes.

We walked outside and again......the wall of heat just hit us......even so early it was suffocating and absolutely no breeze to offset the burning temperatures....but we loved every second of it.......this is one of the things we adore about Orlando, even on our hottest days in the UK, its never like this.......so we seem to have a permanent smile on our face while we are here.......

The walk to IOA is quick and apart from security search which takes seconds we are soon there.......as we walk out from Margaritaville a family stop us and ask where we`ve come from.........I think it`s easy to forget not everyone is a regular visitor, so we tell them it`s the walk from RP........they look at each other and walk off arguing......she is saying she told him so.......lol......I`m tempted to shout your welcome, my usual retort if I do something for someone and don't get a thank you......usually holding a door open or something.......but I don't as they both look a bit annoyed......not quite sure how they could be so angry at 9am.........

We go through the gates and head straight in to the store.......we have some things we want sent back to the room.....some are presents, some for me........we adore the things you can buy here.......little note pads are always a popular little token gift......everyone wants the Shrek one........

i-VLJS9Nv-XL.jpg

Purchases paid for and will be sent to our room for tomorrow morning......this is ideal, not having to worry about carrying packages around. Of course you can get a locker, but wouldn't be the first time we had forgotten something.......

We head round to the rides......but it is such a beautiful day we do take a load of pictures.......well, mainly Tom taking pics of me.........

i-c2FFd5s-XL.jpg

i-HDLBvZ7-XL.jpg

i-z9kvgPP-XL.jpg

i-Pff5VN3-XL.jpg

i-hCnb3hs-XL.jpg

i-Zcx2JV4-XL.jpg

The park is so quiet today.......even although it`s just after 9am, we have seen it busier....not a complaint though.....we go to The Hulk and put stuff in locker, it is easy process with the lockers, we`ve never had any issues with the old way, but the new way using your ticket is simple. We go in and we get on the front row......this is my favourite row ever on most coasters.......Tom is over the moon too........a few other get on and one girl refuses to get on the front row.....she is obviously scared and they do get her to go on the row behind us, but as soon as she sits down she gets off before they put the harness on her........she`s in tears and we feel so sorry for her.......the TM offers to unlock her boyfriends harness and he refuses!!! Oh lord, I felt bad for her then........thought she was going to wait, but she had gone. Anyway, next thing we were off........we love this take off!!!! It really is the best one going........it feels so fast today, and we are whooshing and whirling and whooping with laughter all the way around........we look a little demented in the picture, which we don't buy....lol.......but so much fun........We get off and go straight back around again, walk straight back on and didn't really need to use EP, but we still do anyway........this time we get the second row and its still brilliant. This ride has been so improved, it`s very noticeable.

We do 3 rides altogether then wander around and see Dr Doom is still not working.......TM tells us again, it`s the new safety system and change of restraint........I so wish we could have gone on this as we love it. But we head round to Spiderman........this is so much fun......I`m never sure why I love this ride but don`t enjoy Transformers.....manage to get another pic of my husband today.......

i-H8c9J6S-XL.jpg

There really is no-one here today.......but we still go through the EP line as we have done the full line many times before and don't feel the need today.........it is a good line and even EP is a decent line. Plenty to see. The ride itself is fun......we actually get a vehicle to ourselves today.....I think this is the first time we have managed that on this ride......it is good as always........we don't do it again though as we don't plan to hang around for a long time today.......

This area is excellent for picture opportunities, not just with characters, but the whole area is so colourful and bright, hard to walk past anything........

i-4fq4sLj-XL.jpg

i-nrdF2v2-XL.jpg

We get a couple of bottles of water before we go any further, it is hot and we don't want to end up dehydrated and feel poorly........so we devour water whenever we get the chance. The little cups are ok, but it is just a little cup.

We head round towards Kong and meet a TM we know well, have known him for years, he tells us Kong is down........oh well, no need to rush then.....we chat briefly and then as always, take some pictures

i-bgRxCvM-XL.jpg

I was laughing at that point and looking to the side as someone shouted out my name again........it was a guy with a little kid and I have no clue who he was....he just shouted my name and said nice pic, is it going on the dis and walked on.......lol.......Tom was shaking his head laughing again.......and of course had to say.....does everyone really know your name......it was funny......didn't see where he went but didn't want to be seen to follow someone anyway.....

So, knowing Kong was down we went on Me Ship the Olive.......fun ship to go on and of course there are water jets, gentle ones though up top.......no charge for these ones......and you do get a good view of the park from up there.....there is an elevator for anyone with difficulties, but we just walk up each floor......nice view around the park though from the top.

i-V8sRPLH-XL.jpg

There is a few interactive things kids can do in here, inclucing playing the popeye tune on the piano.......you gotta do that!!! Very colourful and has a slide inside too.......we don't spend a lot of time today as theres no one on the water rides for us to soak today........boooooo

Wander around and always marvel at just how pretty and colourful this park is.......we watch Dudley but there`s not too many folks on that yet as it`s still fairly early......so on the way around to JP we happily pose again......

i-DxfZ5R7-XL.jpg

i-ZC8RQjg-XL.jpg

i-T7LxZHX-XL.jpg

We go into JP and I ask if I need to put this bag in a locker. These lockers are charged for, so if I don't need to I wont. She tells me no. its fine. There`s a few people around now but not many......we love how quiet the parks have been since we arrived this year.......

i-K3Dt68c-XL.jpg

We do this ride twice and each time we get a sprinkling of water.....the people in the row in front of us both times gets soaked.........we decide twice is enough today as we don't want to get drenched.

Round now to Potter. This area must be the most photographed area anywhere.......seen them all before, but you just want to capture moments again and again.........and as usual, this is where most folks are........

i-5wmk94h-XL.jpg

i-XmLsb57-XL.jpg

i-bnK6khH-XL.jpg

i-5LTdmM4-XL.jpg

i-C8dBdfL-XL.jpg

i-jkS5mP7-XL.jpg

i-vNqxmfr-XL.jpg

i-DZtsTVG-XL.jpg

We both go on Duelling Dragons and do both sides, Tom says he is doing it a few more times so I don't want to tempt fate and decide to go and get some pictures inside 3 B`s........it`s not too busy this morning...

i-4NG9FMg-XL.jpg

We meet back up after Tom has had enough of DD for the morning, we have a look at the things for sale in the Owelry Tom spots the feather quill pen.......Kyle loves real ink pens too, so we get him that and buy some Potter bookmarks and the set of 10 postcards. He opens the pack and stamps them all with the Hogsmeade stamp.........we take them with us as we wont be long before we leave today. Then head around towards Zeuss area. We do lie to ride the little train........it is so gorgeous today and we are just enjoying wandering with no schedule to keep and not having to rush anywhere.......

i-MpWMPSH-XL.jpg

i-PKBRJ3c-XL.jpg

I love themeing of Poseidon, but hate the actual thing itself, many love it though so it`s always worth doing once.....the water vortex effect is quite cool....

i-KLMx5T3-XL.jpg

i-RQRhG6r-XL.jpg

i-jGDgkGp-XL.jpg

This is where Tom was again called upon to be a photographer for a family, he actually offered and they were grateful for the gesture.......the man then offered to take one of us too......so of course we said yes and thanked him

i-KgF55NT-XL.jpg

We wander into Zeuss and although we love this area, we don't spend a huge amount of time in it......the train and cat in the hat are the only ones we do......but so bright!!

i-94GGSkr-XL.jpg

i-6jXZf8F-XL.jpg

i-sCZ9QS3-XL.jpg

i-L57szmg-XL.jpg

After Zeuss and our couple of rides there, we were ready for lunch. Confisco Grill coming up.......

Last edited:
Now we had done the parks this morning it was time for lunch. Confisco Grill is somewhere we always enjoyed, but had seen a few bad reviews on other sites, and our food wasn't great last time so we had missed it for a year. But, we wanted to try it again........

It`s not busy, but there are a few folks in.....so getting a seat isn't a problem.......we get menus and order some fanatas to cool us down while we decide........it`s a lovely themed restaurant and is somewhat underestimated in many ways. Folks tend to think Mythos when thinking about IOA, but this is a decent place to eat.

i-qnWZ9Vf-XL.jpg

i-ChzH3sn-XL.jpg

i-Pp4jBXt-XL.jpg

Easy choice in here........Tom gets the burger and I go for the Pad Thai........then I remember last time I didn't enjoy it and one of the reasons we didn`t go back for a while......but, it`s ordered and I decide to just try it again......

Have to say I really enjoyed it........I asked for it extra spicy, but wasn't really spicy enough yet.....but nice.....I don't know what happened to Tom`s burger picture, but he did enjoy his too. We were pleased we had come in here today and would put it back on our places to go to list........

We take a picture of the bar area, and realise we have never actually sat through there......we must do that sometime....we were getting more and more things we "must do".......our next trip would have to be 6 weeks long at this rate.......

i-9xSQwVM-XL.jpg

We take our time walking out of the park today

i-nMCVb5q-XL.jpg

i-ZbV9CtV-XL.jpg

i-8ZW5pTF-XL.jpg

We have a short wander through the store, just to cool down a little as it is boiling hot today......they do have a cute little display.....

i-MtrRH2p-XL.jpg

i-s548hwh-XL.jpg

i-4sZNzfP-XL.jpg

i-jKCfzKJ-XL.jpg

i-Kx4hg9r-XL.jpg

i-BNPrvP6-XL.jpg

i-9S9Lrgx-XL.jpg

i-xLCB3WL-XL.jpg

i-Z8RgMqq-XL.jpg

i-7SJJwKF-XL.jpg

i-J3FwRR3-XL.jpg

We cut back through the pool as always, almost empty today.....and some handy things around the pool for families.....

i-NWvKN6h-XL.jpg

i-tj3sTjB-XL.jpg

i-7vxKzQn-XL.jpg

We go up to the Club Lounge and have a coffee.......I don't really like the coffee in the rooms so it only takes a few minutes to wander up. They have laid out the snacks available for anyone around at that time of day, but it is quiet....

i-GqDQWD9-XL.jpg

i-cc9rNHF-XL.jpg

i-2QhqqC4-XL.jpg

i-BvLgSxq-XL.jpg

We sit for a half hour or so and chat to Lyanne and then we head down to get showered and head out for the afternoon............

Last edited:
Excellent TR! I've enjoyed reading your posts on the Universal board and came over here to read your TR! We were at the HRH 9/21-9/26 and did HHN (for the first time- I was soooo nervous but I made it!!) The weather was brutally hot but we lucked out on no rain on our HHN night. If we're at UO next year we'll definitely plan to say hello! Looking forward to the rest of your TR!:)

So, I quickly shower and we head down to get the car and drive to Winter Park. We really like it here, very beautiful quiet little town with some lovely little stores and nice coffee shops and restaurants. It is so hot so Tom goes and gets the car again, so I stand and wait for him, bless him.........

We can see the construction still going on over by Cbay and the new water park, Volcano Bay.........

i-3McDqNH-XL.jpg

It doesn't take long to get to Winter Park, we pass the Mall at Millenia and head past Orlando itself......we haven't visited the city itself for years.......

There is much upheaval on the roads with all the upgrades and improvements, I`m sure it`ll be wonderful when its done, but it`s a mess right now. We reach Winter Park in 15 minutes and the place we usually park has been closed off, so we drive around and find another place that's even closer to the stores.........I think it was $5 to park for an hour, and we really aren't planning to stay for long today.....just have a wander, coffee and see if I can buy something for a gift.

i-b9M9B5V-XL.jpg

i-sR9RZdz-XL.jpg

i-dQ6zkwz-XL.jpg

i-v6qQptP-XL.jpg

i-sTN8zKV-XL.jpg

We generally wander looking in some of the shops, and stop in for a cold drink in a coffee shop, folks are so friendly here and everyone takes the time to talk to you and make you feel so welcome......we do enjoy a visit here. I buy a couple of kitchen things and a few bits and bobs from a candle store that is hard to resist. Not candles as I`m sure they would melt by time we got back to the hotel.........

We walk back to the car and head to Mall at Millenia........I always bang on about this mall, but we do love it, so clean, spacious and bright and although I keep saying I`m not really a shopper, we seem to be here a fair few times.

i-BqRVSSp-XL.jpg

i-nwZRwJx-XL.jpg

i-RWTLvpg-XL.jpg

i-RwCjxtW-XL.jpg

i-9CSXJkG-XL.jpg

And of course it has the Cheesecake Factory.........our son`s favourite place for dessert......

i-kdBxD9H-XL.jpg

We didn't get the famous Linda`s Fudge Cake today, Tom fancied the Key Lime Cheesecake........now, I don't eat a lot of sweet stuff, but cheesecake I find hard to resist......and especially a citrus one.........

i-4P3xdJ9-XL.jpg

We take it up to the food court and buy some pink lemonade and I do have the tiniest bite out of it.......it is gorgeous.....sweet and sharp at the same time and a very rich creamy texture that isn't too heavy.......and the base is perfect......buttery and not hard. Yes, I like this one.......lol.......I have another little bit and let Tom enjoy the rest of it and wish I could eat a full one too..........

We wander around for a while, not really looking for anything in particular........we pop into Macy`s and Williams and Sonoma where we unusually don't buy anything today.......but it`s a mall I enjoy just wandering around....

i-qgXcnNc-XL.jpg

i-Wkr7Fr6-XL.jpg

We finally leave the Mall and drive a few minutes to the Mercedes garage that is close by. Last year we had picked up some different keyrings that we can`t get in our Mercedes showrooms in the UK.......so we thought we would see what new accessories they had this year.......turns out they didn't have anything we liked, but we did look at the differences in our cars over here to the ones on offer there......not much of a difference really. But we do love our cars, so a showroom Is somewhere we always enjoy. One of the Sales staff asks if we have been in before, we tell him we have and we spoke to him last year.......then he remembered us.....so, we chatted briefly again to him then decided we would head off......we had Walmart to go to. We love driving around and even when the roads seem busy it`s never an ordeal. We had a crossover this year, so driving that little bit higher is always good.........different from our own cars.

10 minutes later we are in Walmart, just for a few bits and bobs like more cookies........definitely taking back the Dulce de Leche ones for me........gorgeous. We didn't buy that much, but spent about an hour wandering around.....doing what I`m not quite sure.........then we headed back to the hotel to drop stuff off and then plan where we would eat dinner tonight. Think it was going to be Red Lobster.

Last edited:
Excellent TR! I've enjoyed reading your posts on the Universal board and came over here to read your TR! We were at the HRH 9/21-9/26 and did HHN (for the first time- I was soooo nervous but I made it!!) The weather was brutally hot but we lucked out on no rain on our HHN night. If we're at UO next year we'll definitely plan to say hello! Looking forward to the rest of your TR!:)

:welcome: along Pattyw..........nice to have you join us.........I`m so glad you are enjoying the trip report.......

Gald to hear you enjoyed HHN!!!! Really is an amazing event........it was such a hot September, yes brutal is a good description of the heat......we really felt it this year......

You definitely need to say hello if you see us next year........and hope you enjoy the rest of report........:)

I also enjoy Spiderman but not Transformers. Transformers makes me feel kind of sick. And the Cheesecake Factory is so good! We're lucky enough to have one nearby.

I love how even though you say you are just wandering and going at your own pace, you really are able to see and do so much! I chuckled at the people who were totally out of sorts before 9am. You know that is not going to be a good day unless someone decides to start over and have fun.

It was so hot and you just kept going, you are an Energizer Bunny for sure!

We stayed PB CL once, and I really enjoyed it although I thought the walk to the lounge was a bit long. I told DH that I'm going to book CL when it's just the two of us for Universal. RPR is our favorite and I'd love to try the CL there!

How did I miss the Negan shirt? Boohoo lol

I can never do RRR
Have seen it get stuck a few times and peeps had to evacuate

I would have had heart failure with that if I was on and had to climb down from that ride!

Yes, far too many times have I seen the poor people hanging upside down. Eeek. Something about running it with sandbags in lieu of guests afterwards to test put me off it for life lol

Thanks Robo.........it is lovely......we always go for Sal's Pizza, the other eateries we didn't enjoy at all........but the pizza is wonderful.

I do like the lobby area too, very relaxing place to be.

Glad you're still reading along........:)

Enjoying the portofino pics! Miss it, haven't been able to secure a great rate there for last two years.

We like the sammies @ sals.often eat @ the trattoria when we are beat after long day in park when staying there. The chef does a great pasta bar and steak is decent.

Interesting to read ur take on confuscos. Used to be a fav, then a bad meal... Revisited it in February this year and enjoyed it, nice to see they turned it around.

Do you have Walmarts in your neck of the woods?

I grew up in Winter Park. It is a beautiful area and I'm so glad you enjoy it too. Great report so far!

I also enjoy Spiderman but not Transformers. Transformers makes me feel kind of sick. And the Cheesecake Factory is so good! We're lucky enough to have one nearby.

Weird isn't it, they're almost the same ride but very different.........

No Cheesecake Factory over here.........so gotta make the most of it.........

I love how even though you say you are just wandering and going at your own pace, you really are able to see and do so much! I chuckled at the people who were totally out of sorts before 9am. You know that is not going to be a good day unless someone decides to start over and have fun.

It was so hot and you just kept going, you are an Energizer Bunny for sure!

We stayed PB CL once, and I really enjoyed it although I thought the walk to the lounge was a bit long. I told DH that I'm going to book CL when it's just the two of us for Universal. RPR is our favorite and I'd love to try the CL there!

Lol.......never had the pleasure of being called an energiser bunny in my life...........:D we do cover a lot in our day when we can, but yes, the heat did affect us slightly this year.......I did wonder if that's what upset that family early on.....yep, but early to be so angry!

Can definitely recommend CL at RP.........you'd enjoy it I think..........:)

How did I miss the Negan shirt? Boohoo lol

Yes, far too many times have I seen the poor people hanging upside down. Eeek. Something about running it with sandbags in lieu of guests afterwards to test put me off it for life lol

Enjoying the portofino pics! Miss it, haven't been able to secure a great rate there for last two years.

We like the sammies @ sals.often eat @ the trattoria when we are beat after long day in park when staying there. The chef does a great pasta bar and steak is decent.

Interesting to read ur take on confuscos. Used to be a fav, then a bad meal... Revisited it in February this year and enjoyed it, nice to see they turned it around.

Do you have Walmarts in your neck of the woods?

Walmart bought out a national chain called Asda a few years back, but it's nothing like Walmart size wise and doesn't carry everything Walmart does.......you get different flavours of things we don't get......and no guns.......lol......we always laugh at seeing them in a store, heck seeing them anywhere is weird for us.......

Never tried the sandwiches at PB........we tried both Italian places and sauces tasted very artificial, worse than Olive Garden.......no maybe not that bad.......apologies for any Olive Garden fans.......not for us at all as apart from Lasagne and pizza we don't really like Italian food, generally...........but do love Sal's pizza, always enjoy a steak too.........and PB is a beautiful hotel, no denying that..........

Definitely glad we tried Confisco again, service was excellent too which is good........

Glad you're still reading along..........:wave2:

I grew up in Winter Park. It is a beautiful area and I'm so glad you enjoy it too. Great report so far!

Did you really? I didn't know that........gorgeous place to visit, I'm surprised more people don't drive over as it's so close and has some amazing places to eat.

It's a while since we went up there for dinner, but will go back again.

Glad you're enjoying reading PC..........::yes::

Great pictures as always.

Funny, I have large malls not far from me, and the closest has a Cheesecake Factory. We rarely eat at the malls, so have not set foot inside the CF for years. I guess since my state taxes differently, I do not buy much when I am in Florida.

Nice pictures of Winter Park. I think during our winter stay, we will visit there and Celebration. I may also take the kids to Ft. Christmas. That is why we like Florida so much, there is tons of places to visit and do.

Like this installment!

Continuing to enjoy every installment! Makes me so excited for my upcoming trip!

Glad to hear it!!! Your trip will be here before you know it........

Be sure to take notes as you read the trippie

Test will be later by schumi....
Lol

lol.........think I forget too many things for that!!! I just realised I`d forgotten to put some stuff in yesterday.......doh!!

Great pictures as always.

Funny, I have large malls not far from me, and the closest has a Cheesecake Factory. We rarely eat at the malls, so have not set foot inside the CF for years. I guess since my state taxes differently, I do not buy much when I am in Florida.

Nice pictures of Winter Park. I think during our winter stay, we will visit there and Celebration. I may also take the kids to Ft. Christmas. That is why we like Florida so much, there is tons of places to visit and do.

Like this installment!

Glad you enjoyed it Lynne.......Winter Park and Celebration are so beautiful, Celebration especially at Christmas will be gorgeous to see.

We don't eat at Malls at home, but they`re different in America........

I`m such a tourist though......we buy a lot in the States.......I never take tax into account though, we don't have that added in the UK, price you see is the price you pay.......I`m a sellers dream......don't look at prices much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter