Does DCL still have resort to port transfers?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
I want to stay on WDW property before the cruise out of Port Canaveral but I cannot find anything about DCL bus transfers from the resort to the port. Do they still have this or is it only MCO to port transfers?

And they are earlier now which can be good or bad depending on your perspective. If you want to have a nice leisurely breakfast, forget about it, but if you like getting to the ship super early, you're set.

We handed off luggage at OKW at 7 AM last weekend and bus left at 8:40.

And they are earlier now which can be good or bad depending on your perspective. If you want to have a nice leisurely breakfast, forget about it, but if you like getting to the ship super early, you're set.

wow, I’ve always avoided the transfers because they got in late. I’ll have to reconsider for future cruises esp if we decide to start flying again.

Have they brought back the DCL cruise buses or are they the plain buses?
From the resorts to PC they are currently using buses operated by another company, Academy or something like that? They are plain outside, but once you get inside, you honestly can't tell they aren't wrapped. They're just as nice and seemed exactly the same. Buses from the airport are currently operated by Mears and have the DCL wrap on the outside. Now, on the way BACK from the port to a WDW resort we were in a Mears bus with the wrap. It seems they are only using the Academy buses from WDW to PC but not in any other direction.

I was actually on the bus next to a DCL transportation CM (she basically got everyone on the bus then sat down with her family and changed out of her DCL shirt into a matching t-shirt with her family to get on the cruise). She said stuff with Mears is a hot mess and it's possible the whole thing is going to go south any day now and all the buses will be operated by the new company. Again, I think they are called Academy or something like that? It starts with an A. Anyway, she said that actually, the new people are way easier to work with and she's been much happier in her role since she hasn't had to deal with Mears as much.

From the resorts to PC they are currently using buses operated by another company, Academy or something like that? They are plain outside, but once you get inside, you honestly can't tell they aren't wrapped. They're just as nice and seemed exactly the same. Buses from the airport are currently operated by Mears and have the DCL wrap on the outside. Now, on the way BACK from the port to a WDW resort we were in a Mears bus with the wrap. It seems they are only using the Academy buses from WDW to PC but not in any other direction.

I was actually on the bus next to a DCL transportation CM (she basically got everyone on the bus then sat down with her family and changed out of her DCL shirt into a matching t-shirt with her family to get on the cruise). She said stuff with Mears is a hot mess and it's possible the whole thing is going to go south any day now and all the buses will be operated by the new company. Again, I think they are called Academy or something like that? It starts with an A. Anyway, she said that actually, the new people are way easier to work with and she's been much happier in her role since she hasn't had to deal with Mears as much.
Thank you anricat! For the resort to PC trip, did they have monitors with the Disney cartoons and info on the cruise? We will be taking our grandchildren and are hoping the bus trip would be like the DCL buses before in building up cruise anticipation and showing the cartoons.

Thank you anricat! For the resort to PC trip, did they have monitors with the Disney cartoons and info on the cruise? We will be taking our grandchildren and are hoping the bus trip would be like the DCL buses before in building up cruise anticipation and showing the cartoons.

Yes, at least the bus we were on did. The only problem was the screens aren’t formatted the same as DCL busses as text was too large to fit. The cartoons were fine though (any side screen editing not noticeable).

My pleasure! Yes, the cartoons were running but there was no sound! *facepalm* The DCL CM that was on the bus said she was going to look into that.

IMO they’re too early now! I got picked up at Coronado at 9.15am (maybe a little earlier) and they weren’t even letting people into the terminal yet.

Then we didn’t start boarding until like, 11.30ish so it was a pretty long wait there.

IMO they’re too early now! I got picked up at Coronado at 9.15am (maybe a little earlier) and they weren’t even letting people into the terminal yet.

Then we didn’t start boarding until like, 11.30ish so it was a pretty long wait there.
Agree. In order to make the luggage handoff at 7, then eat breakfast, then check in 30 minutes early (which is absolutely wholly unnecessary) we had to get up at 6:15 AM which I wasn't a big fan of doing on vacation. We ended up sitting around the terminal for probably 45 minutes. Now that they have done away with Covid testing at the port, it's probably going to be an hour of sitting around.

We're going to go from the airport next month (staying overnight at the Hyatt MCO). We'll just roll out of bed when we happen to wake up, get something to eat and mosey on down and grab a bus when we're ready. I'd rather roll into the port once boarding has already begun and walk onto the ship vs. sitting around twiddling my thumbs for an hour. I don't need to be the first one in the doors at Cabana's. Having lunch 30 or 60 minutes later isn't going to make or break my vacation. Versus being tired all day with a cranky family.

It was over an hour this week - 5ish mins on the bus, check in, and then about an hour at the terminal. I’m sailing from PC again in January and going to look into a private car service as there is 3 of us (vs just me on this cruise!) and select a later PAT. I like having a breakfast vs a rushed snack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter