Does anyone ever...

DNSDisney

<font color=CC66CC>Got "rehitched" at the Garden G
Leave your DH at the resort while you go tour the parks?

My DH hates to rise early on vacation and being at disney I want to get up and get going. He keeps telling me to take DD and go ahead to the parks , he will meet up with us later. I hate the idea of this but I also hate him trying to keep up with me and becoming Grumpy or me being Grumpy cause he won't get the lead out. I want to be there when the parks open and he never wants to leave the resort until about 10:30!!
We have cell phones so he could just call when he leaves but this is a family vacation which means it is supposed to be spent together. I feel like i have a tug o war going on inside me about this. What would you do?

We do this at LEAST once every trip! He (like yours) is NOT a happy early riser when he doesn't have to be. We usually set up a meeting place for later in the morning...then the kids and I hit early entry and breakfast and do "our" thing. We stay much happier this way. :)

but this is a family vacation which means it is supposed to
be spent together.
A famly vacation doesn't mean every minute has to be spent together. In our family, I'm the one who doesn't want to get going. My DH is up very early for work most days (like 5am) and he doesn't change his ways on vacation. I have to get myself plus a disabled teen ready each day, so I am no way ready to go when the parks open. DH gets up, makes coffee, maybe goes for a walk, before I get up. Sometimes he and our other DD go to the parks (especially for early open days) and I am the one who meets up later.
Your vacation will be much happier if everyone's needs are met. You will have some special time with your child and plenty of time for the whole family later in the day.

Nope...DH is up before DD and I. He's the one who gets up and get us B-fast in the morning while on vacation. He's usually dressed before us and motivates us out of the room so that we can get to our planned destination on time. I sympathize with your pain, because it is a family vacation and you would like everyone marching to the same beat. By both of us being in the military family time is a must as well as our puctuality.

I guess I have the best of both worlds.
DH rises @ 5:15 every morning to comute into the city for work.
So getting up @ 7:00 is like sleeping in for him.

Is it possible for DD and yourself to have a light b-fast and get PS for say 10:00 or 10:30, and have DH meet you.
This (food and a ressie) might give him a little push to get going in the morning.

Best of luck to ya!!
-Kim

I'd see if y'all can compromise...get DH to agree to a least a couple mornings going with you,then he can sleep in other days while you go to the park.You and DD will have fun even if it is just the two of you.I've taken our 2 boys to do things while Joe rested and vice versa and still felt we had a wonderful "family vacation". Believe me it will be better than dealing with a Grumpy the entire trip! :)

Hubby often wants to golf in the a.m and so we head off and meet up later. Sometimes we come back to the resort for a swim and he joins us in the 'second' outing to a park! In addition, often he'll get tired of walking around (doesn't always have the stamina we do :-) and he'll head back to the resort before us. Gives him time for a 'power nap' before our return.

I feel he works hard and it's not for us to organize each others vacation. We all have busy lives and a vacation should meet everyone's needs. Just my opinion....

Makes for far better company if we all are doing what we enjoy.

My DH stamina isn't up to mine or DD either. I guess it is just hard for me to change my mind set to a game plan. We have always gone out in the am as a family even when it was 2 hrs later than I wanted LOL. You all are right we probably will all be much happier doing it this way. I remember our first yr there as a family he was dying every morning trying to get up and by mid week he was napping in the afternoons when we came back for our swim/rest time. Then last yr I was like a nervous ant pacing back and forth in the room trying to get him moving his tail into action. Going out to breakfast doesn't get him moving any sooner, as long as he gets his coffee he is happy to wait on food LOL.
I will try this plan this time to see how it goes. anything will be better than both of us being Grumpy the entire time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter