Does anyone else hate to fly?

I used to love to fly. That was back when the airlines treated you like a human being. I haven't flown since I retired from the Army 2 years ago, but my last flights were miserable. They herd you like cattle, pack you in like sardines, and sling a bag of peanuts at you like an elephant if you are lucky. About all I can say that's good about flying is it sometimes gets you there faster (I know someone who flew from Orlando to Allentown and it took 28 hours with delays and missed connections - driving time is 19). So you can keep the airlines and their cramped seats and luggage limits. I'll take the big seats in my truck and the huge bed in back for all the luggage my wife wants at no extra charge.

I'll second that. I enjoy the flying itself, but not the experience with the airport or the process of catching flights. Add to that the fact the DS is extremely allergic to peanuts and DW has trouble with the pressure (esp on descent) and it makes for a headache overall, at best. It saves us time when we use it (NE to FL is a looooong drive), but it is making less $$$ sense. We could have driven for half the cost when we went down in April, it just would have dug into our time there. It's got ya either way. :sad2:

I love flying...Ive only done it 3 times but it was pretty cool.
I DONT like it when I take the cap off of a bottle of salt and pour the whole bottle into my eye while holding my lids open with my fingers....especially if I have tabasco sauce dripping off of my fingers at the time...I HATE when that happens!!!

:rotfl2:

Let's just hope you don't know that from experience! Classic!!

I used to love to fly. That was back when the airlines treated you like a human being. I haven't flown since I retired from the Army 2 years ago, but my last flights were miserable. They herd you like cattle, pack you in like sardines, and sling a bag of peanuts at you like an elephant if you are lucky. About all I can say that's good about flying is it sometimes gets you there faster (I know someone who flew from Orlando to Allentown and it took 28 hours with delays and missed connections - driving time is 19). So you can keep the airlines and their cramped seats and luggage limits. I'll take the big seats in my truck and the huge bed in back for all the luggage my wife wants at no extra charge.

I agree! I hate flying, and find it nearly as time consuming as driving. By the time you check in for your flight, wait to board, change planes, ect....You could have been half way there! My last flight was in Dec. 07 and I think, (barring any emergencies), that was my "last" flight.
We are driving in Jan. 09, and will take our time & enjoy the trip.:)

You know, when you fly, you miss all the billboards for South of the Border and the free orange juice at the Florida Welcome Center rest stop.

1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, floor

Then you won't care!!!!

I personally get airsick real bad. Have not yet lost it on the plane, but have come close. My sister, however, was not so lucky. I could tell you a story about her that would have you peeing your pants AND spitting coke on the screen. I still can't tell the story to this day w/o breaking up laughing.

Needless to say, she will never fly again.

Well, we're waiting!!!!

You know, when you fly, you miss all the billboards for South of the Border and the free orange juice at the Florida Welcome Center rest stop.

I have driven to all of my destinations since 02.
Last winter on our return for FL, DH was very sick (he became ill our 3rd day in WDW).
A 18 hr drive turned into 29 hrs due to constant stops at restrooms, bushes, trees...etc.
He vowed that we would never drive to FL again.

I love flying...Ive only done it 3 times but it was pretty cool.
I DONT like it when I take the cap off of a bottle of salt and pour the whole bottle into my eye while holding my lids open with my fingers....especially if I have tabasco sauce dripping off of my fingers at the time...I HATE when that happens!!!

I hate that too, especially when with my free hand I getting ready to remove duct tape that I have placed not so gently all over my ape like body.

We love flying but we also love driving and with a family of 6 we can drive from Ontario to Disney many times over for what it would cost our family to fly down and back even one time.

I have driven to all of my destinations since 02.
Last winter on our return for FL, DH was very sick (he became ill our 3rd day in WDW).
A 18 hr drive turned into 29 hrs due to constant stops at restrooms, bushes, trees...etc.
He vowed that we would never drive to FL again.

That drive was no barrel of monkeys.
Also made me wonder why do they even make 2 ply toilet paper :confused3

I would hate to miss those signs. My favorite sign is "See Mickey for a Minnie price". Cracks me up everytime. Sad, I know. :lmao:

I love to fly - I prefer it over driving - I used to fly a lot for business and have very few horror stories! Lucky I guess. I have no personal horror stories and we probably fly 2-3 times a year anymore, not a whole lot.

I used to fly a lot in the army - when I flew to Leavenworth back in '92, I was in a C-130 and realized when we landed that was only the 5th time I had ever landed in one, in well over 75 flights - I had always jumped out of them! Hope the chute opens again!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And least we not forget the billboards for the "Cafe Erotica-best food around"
:lmao:

Why Frank, you shock me. I always tell Carol we are stopping there for lunch. She always tells me "go ahead." Kind of takes all the fun out of it.

Don't forget all the Seventh-Day Adventist billboards throughout SC assuring us that Sunday worship is the mark of the Beast! I love those. :hippie:

I agree! I hate flying, and find it nearly as time consuming as driving. By the time you check in for your flight, wait to board, change planes, ect....You could have been half way there!

Not really...
We just flew Southwest Fri night of Labor Day weekend. I worked a full day until 4:30 pm in Philly, went home to eat dinner and change into comfy clothes, and was in Orlando by 10 pm. :cloud9: And only paid $64 pp each way plus a freq. flyer award too. For 3 of us only paid $300 RT including all taxes/fees.
No car can beat that.:thumbsup2

I love to fly because I can get somewhere far away really fast! :thumbsup2 But with security wait times and declining service, its sure not what it use to be! :rolleyes:

And least we not forget the billboards for the "Cafe Erotica-best food around"
:lmao:

The signs that say WE BARE ALL make me laugh they advertise it like it is something new and special. Maybe they should visit Canada all our peelers take it all off all the time and in Ontario it is legal for women to go topless in public LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter