Does anyone else deal with this?

Hi all,

Considering this is a Disney board, I figured other people deal with this as well. My husband and I are a married couple in our 30’s and we get the comments of why we chose to go to Disney since “we are not kids”. We never went as child and we both enjoy it for obvious reasons. What is your response if/when you get these comments and what do you say?

Thank you as always!
Some 'canned' answers that one could use when answering the question of "Why are you going THERE...again?":
  • Because we love it there!
  • Because every trip there involves some kind of new adventure or experience. Have you ever been on their behind-the-scenes rhino tour at Animal Kingdom? Did you know there's horseback riding and archery lessons at Fort Wilderness?
  • Why...are you thinking of going? If you are, let me know if you need any tips or suggestions!
  • Because we just love vacationing there. Why do you always go on your beach vacation/week-long-ski-trip/cruise every year? Don't you get bored doing the same thing every time?
  • Oh don't be silly. Disney isn't just for kids. Clearly, you haven't been to a fall food & wine event at Epcot.

I only ever got that once, from a person who goes to Cancun every year at the same time. I asked her what the difference in our vacations were. "Well, it's for kids!" Even if it was, so what?

Anyway, I maintain that WDW isn't really for young children anyway. My sister and I go all the time, and have more fun because it's as familiar as an old shoe, but updates enough to be exciting and different every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter