Does anyone else care?

Interesting enough, I see a few reviews that are almost word for word written by posters here, dig deeper and you see a lot of positive reviews as well. I was surprised at a few DVC members posting reviews on trip advisor complaining that there was no daily housekeeping. If you’re DVC you know it’s clearly stated there’s no house keeping until day 4. We got daily trash taken and had no problems requesting more linens, and received a full cleaning on day 4 of our trips.

People should set expectations accordingly going in. It’s a popular resort and will be crowded. It’s a family resort, expect ALOT of kids. It’s Disney, it’ll be pricey. When is Disney not pricey? If it Doesn’t fit your expectations, well…maybe the Marriot or 4S are better for you.

We’ve got a trip coming up there soon (first time in the summer season ) and another this winter. I’ll make sure to post a review here upon our return.

We have gone to aulani 8 times only stopping for the Covid years. We were there last sept and are going back in October before we get on the transpacific cruise. Back then we didn’t notice the lights out. All the water features were working. But as a dvc member who loves it, there are several disappointments. The water and lei greeting should be Back. The cost for this has to be minimal and the customer satisfaction high. Also they used to be waiting with your Keys. Now you have to get in line. Another lost opportunity to increase customer satisfaction.
The buffet breakfast at makahiki should resume. The 3 course breakfast is way too much food and not that good, for us.
We are looking forward to Ama Ama on our return which was not yet open last year. But I understand it’s now a prefix and service has bern underwhelming. Again missed opportunities to make it as memorable and 4 star as the Four Seasons restaurants.

Aulani took way longer than necessary to reopen the kids program. The Four Seasons had theirs restarted a year before aulani did.

As dvc members, we don’t get our rooms cleaned every day, never have. But to not do daily service for paid rooms is just ridiculous. Aulani seems to blame everything on Covid but once again the four seasons continues to outclass it. If the cost of aulani was considerably lower, thst might be ok. But it’s not.

And another irritation is the ‘party’ they gave for dvc members. In the past, they had drinks, a continental breakfast and cool takeaways like hats. Now…there’s not much at all. I would never bother to go just to hear how much the pricing has increased. And instead of pins or hats they used to give to dvc members at the sales booths scattered around the resort…you get a sticker.

So many lost opportunities. We still love it there but it’s too bad there isn’t someone with marketing expertise that can explain to management what these silly cost cutting measures have accomplished.
I think you’re right about some lost opportunities. They don’t really diminish my enjoyment of the resort, but they are annoying. Our waiter at Ama Ama disappeared halfway through our meal, and left the rest to his assistant. The food was good but not great. No more Ama Ama for a while for us!

And the DVC party is now just a barely disguised sales tool. It should be better!

But none of these issues are enough to change my generally positive view of the resort.

meanwhile the 4S is the top rated hotel on TripAdvisor, Aulani scrapes in as 5 of 7 hotels in its region, and recent reviews are an absolute horror show

AUL is a shadow of its former self
I think the service at 4S is great, but for us the design and layout of the hotel itself is hopelessly outdated. Would be great if they just tore it down and built something new.

But none of these issues are enough to change my generally positive view of the resort.
I totally get this. It’s a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Also people value wildly different things.

What I don’t get it why some people get so irritated when people share any negative experiences here? I don’t hop on someone’s positive report and start chipping away at it. Doesn’t it benefit people who love Aulani if broken things get fixed and they are pushed to improve the experience? Or in worst case scenario less people go if they read here or a negative TripAdvisor and the place is less crowded.

Just read the two recent trip reports in this forum, what a stark contrast to what’s reported here! The only two negatives I saw were no lei’s and staking out chairs early. Nice to see others still enjoying the resort!

Just read the two recent trip reports in this forum, what a stark contrast to what’s reported here! The only two negatives I saw were no lei’s and staking out chairs early. Nice to see others still enjoying the resort!
Why don’t you report them if you don’t think they are real? You can be a marvel hero and save Aulani.

meanwhile the 4S is the top rated hotel on TripAdvisor, Aulani scrapes in as 5 of 7 hotels in its region, and recent reviews are an absolute horror show

AUL is a shadow of its former self
Hmmm. We just got back from a week's stay and absolutely loved it. Yes, I miss the lei greeting and do wish they'd move the DVC gathering back to the convention center, but everything else was great. That said, we don't go to the onsite restaurants as we tend to cook in the villa or on the grills. Maybe we're just easy to please...

It is still relatively quiet, and it's easy to find chairs there in the morning.
Our recent trip (June 17-28) found it very noisy during the day. Lots of kids screaming and splashing around. Chairs were available during much of the day though.

Our recent trip (June 17-28) found it very noisy during the day. Lots of kids screaming and splashing around. Chairs were available during much of the day though.
We were there June 25-July 2! Hate we missed you! Always nice to meet fellow DIS'ers

I think the service at 4S is great, but for us the design and layout of the hotel itself is hopelessly outdated. Would be great if they just tore it down and built something new.
Dinner at Mina’s was wonderful (even if the dessert selection was rather nasty), but the hotel grounds are shockingly dated. I’d be pissed if I stayed there expecting a typical Four Seasons experience.

As for Aulani, I’d rather have a clean toilet than a cheap old lei greeting. Seriously, what’s the obsession here with getting a lei and some steeped water upon arrival? The entire place is incredible.

Why don’t you report them if you don’t think they are real? You can be a marvel hero and save Aulani.
Huh? Where did I say I didn’t think they were real? I’m just saying everyone’s perception is different, and the two recent trip resorts paint a stark contrast to the doom reports here. The nit picking is just crazy.

Last edited:
Don’t quite grasp your meaning. No one is doubting the veracity of any post. And why would someone who enjoys the hotel think it needs saving? Don’t mean to be confrontational..I just don’t understand.

How bout we keep the discussion on topic with opinions on Aulani. What do you think? Was there anything you liked or disliked during your last stay? Am truly interested!
Oh my. We were. Until someone (as usual on this board) came on and starting white knighting for Aulani - mocking people. It’s a consistent and unfortunate feature of the board that people are made fun of if they point out, let’s say elevators that are not maintained or water features that are broken. Or that loungers are destroyed. Etc etc.

Oh my. We were. Until someone (as usual on this board) came on and starting white knighting for Aulani - mocking people. It’s a consistent and unfortunate feature of the board that people are made fun of if they point out, let’s say elevators that are not maintained or water features that are broken. Or that loungers are destroyed. Etc etc.
I think both the elevator issues and the water features were fixed.

Speaking of elevators, on our way out this morning one of the 1st floor call buttons was pushed into the wall, just a hole and wires where the button should be haha. I’m sure they fixed it but just a final fart in my face.

Speaking of elevators, on our way out this morning one of the 1st floor call buttons was pushed into the wall, just a hole and wires where the button should be haha. I’m sure they fixed it but just a final fart in my face.
We were on the 15th floor and it was always a happy day to ride it all the way down to 1 without anyone else getting in. When it stops on almost every floor, the journey feels like an eternity!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter