Does anyone agree with this...

frankiemom

DIS Veteran
The Best Rate Program will lower their rates dramatically because it is new and will try to entice more people to hop on board. Or is this just wishful thinking on my part that the Poly at $305 will go down more!

I don't know if they will go down dramatically, although that would be great! It turned out to be a great deal for my party. We thought that we would have to wait til August or so to know the AP rates for our trip but now we are 120 days out with reservations where we wanted to stay at the rates that we anticipated with AP's for regular season. My biggest struggle was trying to book for a three family party with a split stay. It took forever! If they go down a little on rates that would be awesome but we are happy with our results.

vgsmom

and you could lose one night's deposit if you book it. I wouldn't. That's one reason I don't like the system. I don't want to gamble with my vacation $$. I wouldn't Pay $305 for the Poly, although I love the Poly..in fact it's my favorite resort. I would book a moderate, rent points from a DVC member, or see if the Swan or Dolphin has an AP rate.

It all depends - book it if you're comfortable paying $305 for the Poly. Don't count on a discount.

That's my advice.

PamNC

frankiemom said:
The Best Rate Program will lower their rates dramatically because it is new and will try to entice more people to hop on board. Or is this just wishful thinking on my part that the Poly at $305 will go down more!

I think having these AP "best rate" rooms prebooked at somewhat of a discount gives them the flexibility to do whatever they need to do to fill rooms, and still be able to give the AP "best rate" people the best rate. If they see that time period is booking up nicely and they don't need to offer additional discounts then the booked "best rate" will stay. If, however, they need to fill rooms, they can offer discounts that are at or slightly above the "best rate" and still not have to lower the "best rate." If they still have rooms available after that, then they will offer a lower rate and have to adjust the "best rates." I suspect that the "best rate" I have booked will only go down if their bookings are such that they have to offer lower discounts than the "best rate" to fill rooms. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm not thrilled with my rate, but it is lower than the AAA rate I had booked, so I'm saving money over that, at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter