Do you think they will extend the Magic your way plus free dining?

Rags

DIS Veteran
We are heading to the world Nov 27th - Dec 4th. What are the chances of this package being extended for our dates? Thanks to all who respond! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Rags said:
We are heading to the world Nov 27th - Dec 4th. What are the chances of this package being extended for our dates? Thanks to all who respond! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I don't know, but I sure hope they do! I will definitely drop my AAA discount for free dining. It would save us a little more!

Keeping my fingers crossed... :hyper:

We just got back from Disney a couple of weeks ago and I cannot tell you how much money we saved with the Disney Dining. We calculated that by day three we spend our entire amount for our 8 day vacation. We really didn't have trouble planning meals with the locations included with the package. The only thing I wish thay would expand are the snack options, but we managed just fine with what we had. What a deal it was, I can't imagine Disney making any money on this one!

Unfortunately I am guessing NO...to the extension on the free dining deal....it was a great promo to fill some more rooms during the peak of hurricane season. I am guessing that since they had a triple whammy during those weeks last year that bookings were down and they made a super offer to fill some of those rooms during the weeks when people were a little hesitant to make vacation plans for FL.....

I WISH they would extend (we are going the first week of Nov), but in reality I doubt we will ever see that free dining offer again!!

I don't know if they will extend the free dining offer or not. I am excited that discounts to the public have not stopped competely. - Hopefully, if not free dining, than some other discount, or perk would be great.

I think many booked the 4 for $1500 thing thinking it was a special. I know several people who thought it was a limited time thing for the celebration, not realizing the celebration would be going on for over a year. Maybe bookings will be down enough to keep offering incentives.

Hope so at least

my TA guessed NO...they are basically just trying to promote the new dining plan but the cats outa the bag...the free plan will probably not be available again in her opinion :guilty:

my best educated guess as a TA is that no, they won't. I think it was to fill up the resorts during hurricane season. Our sales rep had mentioned at one point that they were very concerned about the fact that September hadn't been selling as well as it used to and they figured that was because of last years horrendous hurricane season (and that another bad one is expected this year...TRIP INSURANCE!!!! ;) ). Not long after that, this offer was made.

If they do extended it, I don't expect we will see it right away. They will want to crunch the numbers and see what happens to their bottom line. If you have a whole lot of people paying for their kids meals and using the child TS credits to dine at signature restaurants and order the most expensive things on the menu, they could end up losing more than they expected. (this is not in any way a jab at people doing that...they don't differentiate and the booklet they give you says that your credits are pooled and you can spend them how you wish).

I doubt we'll see if for October b/c the MNSSHP and Food and Wine Fest. are both big draws already. I could be wrong but I don't expect it to happen. I will say that in all the conversations with sales about this new AP thing I did chat with one briefly about the success of free dining. That CM basically said *if* it was extended he fully expected that they would set a minimum # of days required for tickets, They weren't anticipating the # of single day ticket packages that were sold.

Oh well! Can't blame a girl for asking! Anyway the important fact is I'm heading to the world once again! YIPPEE!!!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter