POR
BLT
GF
BC
BWI
Swan
Dolphin
ASMu (school trip)

The thing is, I really LOVE having a balcony. I also love being able to walk to two parks. But from a cost perspective with those two things in mind, BWV wins every time (renting points).

We were staying @ the Yacht & Beach (mostly the YC) for quite a while. Then we joined DVC & have been staying @ the Boardwalk since then. As you can see we really enjoy the Epcot Resorts area! :) :)

We like to mix it up; the only place I've stayed at more than once is WL. We've also stayed at BLT, GF, Saratoga Springs, Riverside, and Pop, and our upcoming trip we're renting points at Kidani. The kids loved GF and want to stay there again, and I've only stayed at WL when two of us were traveling so the younger kids really want to try there too.

I'm dying to try an Epcot-area resort next. And the Polynesian as well.

Been on three trips and have tried to mix it up, though I find myself returning to AKL 😅 :

AKL
POR
AKL/CSR split

I'm taking my gf and we were able to get a DVC rental at AKL - Kidani in an upcoming trip.

We like to mix it up, but do love Coronado Springs for our "budget trips". During our long summer trip, we enjoy split stays a lot and always tend to mix CSR in there in the middle during our heavy park days. We love Yacht Club for our relaxing days. Poly is our ultimate favorite, but we are awaiting room refurbs before heading back.

We've pretty much mixed it up all the years we've gone. The only resorts we've stayed at multiple times have been CR (BLT for one trip though, so different building) and CSR (back when it first opened and back in 2015 before the remodel). Typically it has depended on getting a good deal or distance to the park/transportation in our case last year.

I like to mix it up but DH loves the IG park entrance and HS/EPCOT are our favorite parks so we stay at the BC a lot. CBR is our favorite moderate. I have never been able to convince DH to try any of the values. My personal favorite would the YC. We've tried Port Orleans, Poly, GF, BW, Dolphin (love!), SSR, OKW and BL.

A bit of both! We've done the Port Orleans (both Riverside and FQ) mostly along with some sprinkles of POP. But then we'll do a split stay a lot to try a different resort. I like to alternate my tried and trues and news. This helps me sort of appreciate what I love about some resorts (FQ small size!) and learn what I dislike in other resorts (bus situation at CBR).

I keep saying we should mix it up, but we love YC & BC. We have stayed there 5 or 6 times, and have a trip booked for November. I’m staying at BoardWalk soon on a solo trip- mixing it up just a tad. 😆
We did stay at Contemporary on our first visit when our daughter was younger and really enjoyed it.

Do you have a fave resort that you return to on every trip? Or do you mix it up? We are a "mix it up" family. We do have our hands down fave resorts (BC, SSTHV) and we have our never again places (POP). We aren't DVC owners (maybe one day...)
Almost always stay at POR. Will do a deluxe for a weekender and have stayed at AKL on 2 longer full family trips.

Price is a determining factor in our mix-it-up approach. We use the discounts! The only time we've insisted on a particular resort was the trip we took when my oldest finished her bachelors. On a visit when she was little, we went to Park Fare. She fell in love with the GF, and I promised her we'd stay there, maybe as a graduation gift, so we did! (We're celebrating a master's this trip, but this time she only got to request Memory Maker.)

Transportation is a factor as well. Bus-related motion sickness is a real problem for a member of our family, so we might focus on monorail and walking-distance resorts when she's traveling with us.

We've leaned deluxe, but the prices have gotten crazy. I don't like the values. Themes are amazing, but crowded, noisy food courts and no hot tubs are kind of a deal breaker for me. The Skyliner will bring the CBR back into play for us for the next trip, possibly in 2023?

We try to experience different resorts. We just got back from CBR where we really had a great time. We do have a sort of "every 2nd trip" rotation that includes PoP and WL, with the YC thrown in every once and awhile. CBR may be on that rotation now. This August we're doing a resort only at the Poly combined with our regular trip being from WL. Pricing, length of stay, and available discounts are the elements that dictate where we stay.

Doug :goofy:

We've mixed it up over the year. I love WDW but I don't like doing the same vacation over and over so mixing it up with the resorts changes it up enough for me. Also, we only go to WDW every 3 years or so.

Price, length of trip and budget dictate our resort. I seriously love the Epcot resorts and don't want to stay anywhere else if I don't have to. Beach Club is my absolute favorite. We've rented points at BWV and it's just a great deal that I'm tempted to do it again next trip but I do want to stay somewhere else. I also LOVE POFQ and wouldn't mind staying there.

We don't mind trying new resorts, but price does play a factor. I know we wouldn't be happy at a Value resort (I have to have a least a queen size bed) After a long day, I need a little bit of my own space! The Skyliner is a game changer for me when selecting where to stay.

AoA - Cars Family Suite - our first visit was super special for our 7 year old son, who LOVES the movie Cars.
POFQ
AKL
POFQ
CBR

We don't mind trying new resorts, but price does play a factor. I know we wouldn't be happy at a Value resort (I have to have a least a queen size bed) After a long day, I need a little bit of my own space! The Skyliner is a game changer for me when selecting where to stay.

AoA - Cars Family Suite - our first visit was super special for our 7 year old son, who LOVES the movie Cars.
POFQ
AKL
POFQ
CBR

Soon all of the values will have queen sized beds. Pop and ASMo already do, ASMu is in the middle of refurbs, and ASSp will get them when they're refurbed after Music.

We love the BC, BCV and YC. However, we have a RV and usually stay at Fort Wilderness which we love.

We are DVC but haven't always been. So we have mixed it up a lot. We have stayed at the Poly (both the resort and the villas, which we love), GF villas (just one night), Contemporary, BLT, Boulder Ridge (in 2003 so it wasn't Boulder Ridge yet), Copper Creek, AKL Kidani, SSR (our home resort), YC, BWV, Dolphin, and POR. Plus DH stayed one night at POP and one night at the All Stars when taking and picking up my daughter from her CP term.
We are hoarding our points so we are staying cash this June at BWI so we will check out the Inn side of BWV. I'd like to stay OKW but need a 3BR next year for a big family trip and don't think I can get it at 7 months out, so SSR it will be. I'd also like to try the tower at Coronado Springs.

We would love to try all the resorts and try to mix it up but we've had 4 stays at CSR because it had the best price.
We have done SOG, CBR, BC, AKL, BLT,SSR, GF, BC, WL campsite,POR,CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter