Do you sell on eBay?

From the guidelines you agreed to when you joined DISboards:

1. FOR SALE
For sale ads are strictly prohibited on any of the DISboards. Anyone posting such ads will have their post deleted. This same policy applies to links to your ebay/auction listings . "For sale" posts includes requests for donations (see below). In addition, "Vote for me" posts are not permitted on the DIS. This includes requests for support in an online contest, sweepstakes, lottery or other event designed to yield personal gain.

:(

I sold a few things SEVERAL years ago... I bet it's been like 15 years ago. I bought way more than I ever sold. I think the last thing I bought was a "The Office" Tervis Tumbler :rotfl2: (for the record I keep that at my desk at work still)

I recently sold a brand new carpet / upholstery spotter for $160.00 and free shipping. now the buyer wants to “return” it after using it because the “suction isn’t as strong as they would like”. This is going to end up costing me more money than it was worth, and now that it’s been used I’ll never be able to sell it. I Definitely feel like I’m getting scammed here. People...

Never sold anything on ebay. Wouldn't but anything there as it seems too many people run scams. Amazon seems like a more reputable place to buy things from legit sellers. Never had any issues buying on Amazon but need to check around other sites to compare prices. Some items can be wildly overpriced.

No but I have let my daughter use my account to sell a few things because she is underage. It was mostly
disney stuff and I was scared she would be scammed but she got her money. I hear too many scam stories
so I avoid.

Personally I use offerup if I'm selling stuff now. Not sure if it was because of Covid or not but
last December made little over 2k selling stuff.

Last edited:
Sold on eBay for a while - my husband had a massive retro video game collection that we sold to start his business many years ago.

Going decently. I sell clothes/shoes/accessories, so I cross post everything to Poshmark, Mercari, Depop and Tradsey. EBay still accounts for the bulk of my sales, but I sell a decent amount on the other platforms too. It pays for our vacations.

I used to sell on eBay years ago but then there were so many people trying to scam so I quit. I just use local groups to sell now.

Going decently. I sell clothes/shoes/accessories, so I cross post everything to Poshmark, Mercari, Depop and Tradsey. EBay still accounts for the bulk of my sales, but I sell a decent amount on the other platforms too. It pays for our vacations.

where do you get your inventory?

I sold enough from September through Christmas to pay for the cruise we just took. I sell china, glassware, collectibles, toys, clothing, pretty much anything I can make money on.

I've been selling on ebay close to 2 decades personally, and flipping since 2014. Did 20k in sales last year on the flipping side with ~50% of that in profit.

Going to be interesting going forward since they're 1099ing above $600 in sales. Should scare off a lot of my competition who weren't doing things above board in the first place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter