Do you remember ?

I, like Lorna, well remember all of this stuff!

How about the original "Mickey Mouse Club"?
Peter Gunn
The Mike Douglas Show
Video Village
Queen for a Day
Ted Mack's Amateur Hour
Batman (TV Show)
Lost in Space
Peter Pan with Mary Martin
Peter and the Wolf with Art Carney
The Honeymooner's
The Jackie Gleason Show
The Dean Martin Show
Martin & Rowan's Laugh-In
The Tonight Show with either Jack Paar or Steve Allen
Star Trek - when it was originally shown and not re-runs
I Love Lucy (again - first showing - not reruns)
The Beverly Hillbillies

When candy bars were $.05 a piece or 6 for $.25?
$.15 McDonald's Hamburgers?
When you could get a burger, fries and a coke for less than $1.00 at McDonald's?
When any adult in your neighborhood had the right and responsibility to spank you when you did wrong?
When any teacher had the right to correct a student?
When girls had to wear dresses or skirts & blouses to school and boys were forbidden from wearing dungarees (jeans for you younger ones).
When it was a scandal for any girl who was not married to end up pregnant.
When it was a scandal for any couple to get divorced.
When in Junior High School 7th and 8th graders were excused from school early on Wednesday in order to attend catechism or confirmation classes at church.
When nun's actually wore habits with wimples.
When a community actually held a priest, pastor or rabbi in high esteem and showed him respect.

Oh....I could go on, and on, and on!

My bologna has a first name it's Oscar.... my bologna has a last name it's Mayer..... I love to eat it every day and if you ask me why I'll saaaaaaayyyyy.... cause Oscar Mayer has a way with bologna!

I sang this at Daytona during the Earnhardt Tribute concert to get my very own weenie whistle! :cool1:

Remeber when the drug store had a place where you could test the tubes from your TV or radio, and there was a supply of them in the cabinet below.

Remeber when the drug store had a place where you could test the tubes from your TV or radio, and there was a supply of them in the cabinet below.

Better yet I remember my grandfathers pharmacy having a soda fountain. Yes, a real ice cream soda shop. That was cool, but I digress, I am not that old.

Annette Funicello — 66
Julie Christie — 67
Ann-Margret — 67
Elke Sommer — 67
Jill St John — 68
Stella Stevens — 71
Ursula Andress — 72
Julie Andrews — 73
Brigette Bardot — 74
Sophia Loren — 74
Barbara Eden — 74
Debra Paget — 75
Joan Collins — 75
Julie Newmar — 75
Kim Novak — 75
Debbie Reynolds — 76
Liz Taylor — 76
Mamie Van Doren — 77
Angie Dickenson — 77
Leslie Caron — 77
Carroll Baker — 77
Rita Moreno — 77
Jean Simmons — 79
Jane Powell — 79
Shirley Temple — 80
Gina Lollobrigida — 81
Patti Page — 81
Esther Williams — 83
Kathryn Grayson — 86
Gale Storm — 86
Kay Starr — 84
Jane Russell — 85
Marilyn Monroe- 82

I may not be as old as these fine women, but a few of them certainly made it into my young heart, :lovestruc

Well Whipersnappers, how bout..

Sgt Preston and his wonder dog Yukon King?

Roy, Dale, and Trigger?

The Great Gildersleeve?

Amos n Andy?

Fibber McGee and Molly?

The Lone Ranger and Tonto?

Captain Midnight?....and Ovaltine.

Quaker Puffed Oats....The only cereal shot from cannons

The life of Riley...with William Bendix.

Sid Cesar and Imogene Coca and the Show of Shows.

The Coalgate comedy Hour.

Wally Cox as Mr. Peepers.

Charlie Weaver.

Spike Jones

The Sons of The Pioneers.:thumbsup2

:wizard:

Frank: I am really aging myself---Did you have a square sign that you put in the front window of the house, with 5 Cents, 10 cents, 15 cents & 20 cents printed on the sides. When you had the number 5, 10, 15 or 20 on the top, this told the Iceman how much ice to put in your ice box in the back of the house.

For the youngins out there I still call it the Ice Box, not the Refrigerator.
john

:wizard:

Frank: I am really aging myself---Did you have a square sign that you put in the front window of the house, with 5 Cents, 10 cents, 15 cents & 20 cents printed on the sides. When you had the number 5, 10, 15 or 20 on the top, this told the Iceman how much ice to put in your ice box in the back of the house.

For the youngins out there I still call it the Ice Box, not the Refrigerator.
john

I don't remeber see'n that myself,,but I do remember back in the day when everyone had a old wood garage/shed in the back yard,,all the junk would pile up there and then on the rare occasion get hauled to the dump/junk yard,,and from time to time I had seen old ice boxes in those piles.

I can't say that I remember ice delivery, but, I do remember milk and dairy deliveries, book-mobiles, and shoe salesmen bringing their truck to the neighborhood shortly before the school year began.

I also remember the Charles Chips delivery man, and we were on a route for soda & beer delivery. Man - wouldn't it be nice to have a beer truck today?

Also - I remember my mom or dad sending me to the store in my teen years to buy their cigarettes for them - and sometimes beer - and those items would be sold to me as long as I had a signed note from my parents. :eek:

And - I was able to use my parents' department store credit card to go school shopping. They gave me a $$$ limit as to what I could spend, and I never dared go over that limit!!

Remember when discipline problems were
“talking, chewing gum, making noise, running in the halls, getting out of turn in line, wearing improper clothes, and not putting paper in wastebaskets.“?

Today the problems are drug and alcohol abuse, pregnancy. rape. robbery. assault. and guns in the school." :sad1:

We still have a milkman!

Realyy ?? Cool !!
Does the local Doctor still make house calls ?

Do you remember Fire Flies inna bottle ?

Rhubarb pie was a common homamade pie for dessert ?

The porch swing suspended by chains from the ceiling ?

The days when it was so hot in the summer that we left ALL the windows open and just closed the screen doors, DAy and NIGHT?

Everyone you knew had a garden in the back yard ?

When the 4-H Club was a big deal for youngsters to be in?

lol, no, I'm afraid the doctor doesn't still make house calls.
As for the 4H - my oldest DD just "aged out", and my middle DD is still going strong!

I know better, no laughing

render.jpg

What a cutie, and look at all that hair, where did you get such a good looking goat? :lmao:

So you lured in Kathy with your boyishly good looks? :goodvibes

We always dressed up to go downtown. Malls hadn't been invented yet. Stores didn't have cash registers. They had pheumatic tubes that took the hand written sales slips with your money (no credit cards) to the accounting area. The clerks did their magic and then sent the tube back with a receipt and change. There was also one store that had a lady who ran the elevator. This was the 1950's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter