Do you regret your investment?

Do you regret your investment.

• Yes, I regret it. I feel like I was misled.

• No Way!!! Cuts won't affect my stay.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eeyore2U

I'm the one you talk about. I rain on parades and
Do you regret making an investment in DVC with all that is going on? I don't. Can't wait to go in Februrary and I am trying to figure out how to get a GV at OKW for 2/2003. Wish I had the money for another add on at BCV when they open.

I was thinking about this last night. I'm not sure if you were talking about the terrorist attacks, or the cuts at Disney, but either way, I don't regret our investment in DVC.

Even with all the cutbacks at Disney, I'm still looking forward to our next visit to OKW. The cuts may effect our decision to renew our annual passes. Depending on what's going on when we go back next June, we may not spend any time at any Disney parks. Instead we'll do some of the other things in the Orlando area that we keep saying we're going to do but never seem to get around to them. I look at our investment in DVC as more of an investment at a wonderful resort that we will enjoy regardless of what's going on in the parks.

no regrets here either! the cutbacks at wdw seem to be of a temporary nature. ScottH, i love that line about attitude. can i use it at work? there a couple of people to whom getting through the day is more of an ordeal than an adventure.

I voted "NO", but the cuts will certainly effect my stay.

I have a 2 year old who is up between 6 and 7 am. It makes going to EE very easy and we got a lot of things done before things got too busy. Plus, hours have been cut from parks which were already closing early :(.

Being the Diznoids that we are, it was one of the best things we have spent our money on.

The only thing that I regret is not buying more points before OKW sold out. I guess there are always resales!

I feel like we could do a MasterCard commercial for DVC---230 points at OKW $XXXX, Disney Hopper Passes for family of 5, $XXXXX, Memories of a lifetime....Priceless!!!

We bought into the DVC back in '93--we had those wonderful "free passes" through 1999 (Boy do we miss those!!) and so we would book larger accommodations than we needed at the time so we could have more "free passes". (Still had "under 3" kids at the time) We brought family members with us that might not have had the chance to stay onsite otherwise. What wonderful memories! We feel we've already gotten our investiment's worth just in those early years--nothing could replace the looks on some of those faces. I get teary-eyed as I write this!

So--to make a short answer LONG ;) , NO!! I/We do NOT regret our DVC investment!!

I voted no, but I am not pleased with the cuts. I love the DVC and OKW as a resort destination and the cuts, will just prompt me to spend even more time in off property and non-theme park activities.

Our family recently closed in early October. We are a family of 4 with 2 daughters, 9 and 14. We made the decision to join DVC as a family because we knew that our girls would be the major beneficiaries. We are all Disney fanatics and even with recent changes that some are calling cuts we come out way ahead in the long run.

I'm not going to preach but DVC is a business and inorder to maintain the spirit of what is DVC some changes have to be made. Some we like, some we don't, and others make us get out our thinking caps. We remain positive and believe that in the end our decision to join will be rewarded in ways that have yet to be "imagined". We joined because we see the benefits to our family.

God Bless America

The Girvins

I figured that I would get this response. I guess we all know what we did and why.

Dizzy, I agree, I wish we had done it sooner!!:D

I am a new member and I'd be less than honest if I said that I haven't wondered about the decision I made a few months ago.

It's not so much these cutbacks, but I'm wondering if the "Golden Age" of Disney has cycled past us for a while. This is not related to terrorism, or even current economic times, but to demographics of our country.

The "echo boomers"...children of boomers.....are now starting to hit 21 years old. There is a downturn in the 1 - 12 year old age bracket compared to the echo boomers coming through 10 - 15 years ago. Still a lot of kids, but smaller numbers than we have seen the past several years.

The new animation movies (starting with Little Mermaid), the huge investments Disney has made in new attractions (as well as Universal, etc) and the immense growth in popularity of Orlando as a destination all started when the echo boomers came through.

I'm not being morose. I just know Disney is a business and they have to hit profit figures. If attendance goes down, they will have to make cut backs.

I voted no regrets because I think we will still get our value out of the investment. However, I do think that those who joined DVC in 1991-1996 saw an immediate payback and are now living on the "gravy". It'll just take longer for us.

Enough of this. I am still happy to be a DVC member and am sure the memories I will be building with my family will be more than worth the investment. Like hoosiergirl said....."priceless".

I in no way regret my purchase,however,like a previous poster stated, I may rethink may AP purchase. I'll get my 3rd trip out of this pass in Nov-Dec so it really isn't an issue yet. But when we return in May if things are still down we'll strongly consider doing other things. I would be willing to bet the Orlando Flex Pass will have some great discounts which includes Sea World, Universal & Islands,Wet-n-Wild and Busch Gardens. Right now it's a buyers market and Disney needs to treat its faithfull members as such.

We made an informed decision, but I do regret the lack of flexibility, as far as staying at the non-Disney properties for less than a week, and at a reasonable point cost. I guess the only thing I did not completely understand was how the Concierge Collection properties were not very good values, as far as using points. We like Disney, but unlike most on this board, we don't have "Disney fever", so to speak.
Still, we knew what we were getting into and we just love Vero Beach, so we made the decision with the understanding that we would re-evaluate in 5 years and possibly sell our interest then. So far, we have enjoyed trips to Vermont, DL and OKW and VB!

I see 5 regrets on the poll but did I miss the post why?

Not a regret here, not for a second!

29 Days 17 Hrs 34 Mins 36 Secs

Never, never, never.

DVC is wonderful and I look forward to each visit as much as I did the first. I am sure most will agree. Best investment I ever made and not just monetary.

Pete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter