Do You Rake Leaves After They All Fall or Do You Rake More Than Once?

I drop a 12 by 12 tarp and blow as many leaves into it as I can, load it in the truck, rinse and repeat 3-4 times and am done. Takes about 2 hours, the first year at the house we raked and then bagged, 33 bags and something like 12 hours out in the yard, never again with bags.

Where do you take them?

We don't rake don't them at all. Yes we are those neighbors. lol

So are we. Our town did the annual leaf pick up today, but most of my leaves are still on the trees. My yard is full of oaks, and the leaves have not fallen of the oak trees yet. By the time they fall, there will likely be snow on the ground. I"m not going to rake in the snow. DH will run them over with the mower in the spring.

We do about 3 or 4 sessions of leaf clean up. We use a blower and a rake, and a lawn mower. We have a professional blower that is so helpful, especially living in the Pacific NW where it rains so much. I'm pretty sure it would be a lot harder without it.

I would have to ask my brother AKA "yard boy", I don't care how he does it as long as the leaves disappear :)

We mulch them with the mower as they fall. Try not to let them accumulate too much.

I usually do 2 rounds in the front and one in the back. Our front yard trees seem to drop their leaves early. I try to rake them up before they blow into the flower beds too much. But then, I usually need to do a (smaller) second round in the front when the neighbors' leaves have fallen and have blown into our yard. Our back yard is fenced, so I normally just wait till most of them are down. I rake most... then we do our final mowing of the season to mulch up any that I missed. (Our mower doesn't do a great job mulching if there are a lot of leaves. If the ground is covered, it won't do well.)

The lawn service company rakes/blows three times, October, November, and the final time in mid December.

Once a week DH or I will pick up the leaves that blow onto the porch.

We live in a heavily wooded area. DH uses the leaf blower 5 times in the fall, and even then it usually starts snowing before all the leaves have fallen.

I do not have any trees on my property so I get pissed when the neighbors leaves all blow onto my front lawn LOL- I just leave them there and hope that they blow away eventually. In the spring my landscapers do a whole spring clean up, raking, thatching, weeding etc so whatever leaves are left they take care of.

We don't do anything with them. Our yard is over 4 acres. We'd spend a ridiculous amount of time and/or money trying to keep our yard free of leaves during the Fall. No one on our street does anything with their leaves (we all have 2-4 acre yards). Most of the leaves blow away. The rest stay on the lawn and Mother Nature takes care of mulching them over the winter.

I do not have any trees on my property so I get pissed when the neighbors leaves all blow onto my front lawn LOL- I just leave them there and hope that they blow away eventually. In the spring my landscapers do a whole spring clean up, raking, thatching, weeding etc so whatever leaves are left they take care of.
We have an ongoing joke with our next door neighbors, because we use different landscapers on a different schedule.... after one of us are leaf clear, we will ring the doorbell and return a runaway leaf to the owner. :goodvibes We have great neighbors!!

I blow them onto the lawn and mow them up. Just started 3 weeks ago because the leaves didn't start falling until then. Of course NONE of them are mine, all my trees are evergreens. I suspect I have another 2 or 3 weeks to deal with them. Should be done about the time I put up by Christmas lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter