Do you like the turn-down chocolates on DCL?

How do you (and your family) feel about the chocolates on DCL?

• Love them! I wish we got more (and/or I request more)

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • They’re okay. We eat them here & there

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • We never or rarely eat them

Votes: 14 14.4%

• Total voters
Another DCL cutback. Definitely the Dove is a poor substitute for the Ghirardelli chocolate but that doesn't surprise me with all the other things they have taken away.

I'm personally not a fan of Ghiradelli, but I love Dove (dark chocolate though). The ones I don't like are the pirate coins. I have some sitting in a bowl on the counter from our cruise in September and it was a Norway cruise so we didn't have a pirate night. We still got the nasty pirate coin chocolates though.

Ghirardelli is overrated chocolate, in my opinion. Dove isn't much better. The ingredients are nearly identical in the two, but I give a slight edge to the way Dove tastes for some reason. Both have filler crap in them and are pretty low quality. Yes, I still would eat both if they are in front of me. :)

Ghirardelli is overrated chocolate, in my opinion.
Thanks for pointing that out. Any “chocolate” where sugar is the main ingredient is average at best.

This has already been mentioned in this thread, other cruise lines are very good when providing chocolates for turndown. Too bad Disney doesn't feel there is a need for “competition” there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter